All things Wurt

1 minute ago, Moonatik said:

I can maybe ask my question here.

As a solo player, could I build some merms houses with Wurt and then change for another character, and then be able to make them my friends with the mask and giving them food like pigs ?

The mask will spoil after 6 days, so you would have to either have them bundled or keep swapping back to her.

12 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

How do we make the merm king give the boost? 

So long as a Merm King exists every merm (and Wurt herself) on that shard (Overworld or Caves) gets the buff.
The presence of a Merm King also allows Flortifications to house Merm Guards.

If you're playing Wurt you'll know a Merm King exists because she changes visibly.

46 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

So long as a Merm King exists every merm (and Wurt herself) on that shard (Overworld or Caves) gets the buff.
The presence of a Merm King also allows Flortifications to house Merm Guards.

If you're playing Wurt you'll know a Merm King exists because she changes visibly.

What is the buff, exactly? (For both Merms and Wurt)

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I'm wondering about the possible late game uses for her, like can the merms with the king be used to kill bee queen? How do we make the merm king give the boost? 
I'll be able to play in a few hours :(

They lose aggro way too often compared to bunnies when killing Bee Queen (not a problem if you're in the middle of the fray too), are more expensive to make and because they kite they may have lower dps but someone would need to test it out their dps to confirm.

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but you can trade fish with the King. He'll give you a mix of seeds, kelp, rot, tentacle spots and trinkets.

Edit: Just checked in the code. He will most likely give you normal seeds, but you also have a chance of getting a mixture of onion, pepper, garlic, durian, eggplant and pumpkin.

1 minute ago, Tosh said:

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but you can trade fish with the King. He'll give you a mix of seeds, kelp, rot, tentacle spots and trinkets.

So tentacle spots are renewable now without Wickerbottom? Lovely.

1 minute ago, Canis said:

So tentacle spots are renewable now without Wickerbottom? Lovely.

They aren't "renewable now without Wickerbottom" because they were renewable without Wickerbottom before Wurt has been introduced: via Big Tentacles, Catcoons, or Decon Staff.

Just now, Viktor234 said:

They aren't "renewable now without Wickerbottom" because they were renewable without Wickerbottom before Wurt has been introduced: via Big Tentacles, Catcoons, or Decon Staff.

More renewable*, apologies.

Here are some things I've found in my play time

Spoiler

Crafting swamp turf is relativly cheap, only costing 1 reed and 2 rot.

she becomes extreamly powerful when there's a merm king. Just under Wolfgang's might form, as far as stats go.

as expected, she can not trade with PK, making gold much harder for her to come by.

unlike other characters with eating penelties, wurt doesn't even see the eat option for things she can't eat

she can eat butterfly wings. so I guess no more complaining about Wigfrid being unable too

Merms and Gaurd merms can help mine. This make her extreamly good at cracking upen stone fruit

both merm species accept seeds as tribute, but MK does not

MK is 1000% more chad than PK.

her speed bonus on marsh turf and ability to see hidden tentecles makes her good at hunting them.

es expected, the crock pot is nearly useless for her.

Merm AI seems to be a bit buggy, many people on the server I was playing on where able to hang around without getting attacked, despite not wearing the disguise.

11 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Merm AI seems to be a bit buggy, many people on the server I was playing on where able to hang around without getting attacked, despite not wearing the disguise.

Normally Merms don't attack unless you get close to their homes or their homes are destroyed. Did anyone get close the merm houses?

2 minutes ago, trinket_4 said:

what are the trinkets that the Merm King gives?

prefabs = { "trinket_12", "trinket_3", "trinket_25", "trinket_17", "trinket_4" }, 

In other words: Dessicated Tentacle (8 Gold), Gord's Knot (4 Gold), Air Unfreshener (2 Gold), Bent Spork (2 Gold), "Insert Your Name Here" (5 Gold)

Archived