[Game Update] - 367948

V2C

I am in shock again. Now he is op, where is downsides? don't feel them. Cooped blue mushrooms without any risk "izi pizi" when i was ready used strongest ability and its truth "goose", with goose i ran in ruins. In future i will take 3 seeds for fast ticket back. Later when some one told he is at base in oasis i used strongest ability again and got there in 20 seconds from portal because it can run over seas and usually often oasis is near portal but over sea. And new skins Omg he with survival skin and all hockey skin set looks like some angry Latvian hockey player only with Canadian shirt.

Its good rework now, and i like it much more then another reworks before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I still think letting players somehow indefinitely extend the transformations would've been a smoother move than just extending the time per totem use, as the idea of using totems over and over to achieve a form for a longer time doesn't really appeal to me.  Woodie the human still needs a downside, but the forms are balanced out by losing all hunger, I suppose.  I'm not pleased with how he plays, but the forums were appeased, so anything I could say further will fall on deaf ears, so I guess I just suck it up and pick another character.

Edited by Mario384
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Omg Klei thank you very much!! You did most everything we asked to make this update great! After the Autumn music bug is fixed too (yes it was confirmed to be a bug) everything is going to be awesome.

One additional tweak I can suggest to perfect the update is to make the transformations more intrusive into Woodie gameplay- not just on full moons- certain actions can force transformations. In order to emphsize the curse element and make Human woodie gameplay more different than a "Wilson with better axe" and make transformations less optional (as curses should be) , they shall be forced by specific situations as a number of others already suggesed in forums, invading into the Woodie gameplay. 

For example in WereGoose's case, in order to emphasize the fast, fleeing concept behing Goose, it may be forced when Woodie's health is lowered below 20% by an attack (not everytime but once in a while like two whole days or after healing above 50% after returning to human form, similar to how mighty wolfgang transformed in Forge) so to limit woodie from effectively fighting with low HP and staying in long fights without healing This would also benefiting his survivability as displayed in the woodie rework animation (this particular transformation should have invincibility frames while transforming).

Similarly, extreme deforestation may cause a WereBeaver  transformation, with some Lucy quotes returning to warn Woodie when he's cutting too many trees, like singleplayer Don't Starve. Similarly, killing way too many enemies in a small timeframe may force Woodie into WereMoose, forcing Woodie to be mindful whom to fight with or else he can get transformed in an unvonfortable situation.

Well this is all I got but thank you Klei for listening to the community and delivering greatness to us. Best wishes.

This.

I feel that's what the update missed.

Intrusiveness, is the perfect word.

This is what Woodie had before the update, and it is what made him "unique".

It was a curse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1