Woodie Character Update Next Week + News!

'Salty Dog' is probably an update related to ocean stuff. New mobs, objects, biomes, fish, nets. Maybe even boat expansion. (crow nest?? PLS KLEI)

The term "salty" first originated from sailors way back in the day (early 1900s). 'Salty dog' in particular was used to describe someone who's spent way too much time out at sea. With this in mind, we are one step closer to pirate skins!

Also the Woodie update sounds great! Though I'm a little bummed out that y'all removed the wood eating thing. Because now I can no longer enter a mid game base and chow down on their living log supply, rush at their screams of agony as host gently hovers his mouse over the 'kick' option.

2 hours ago, Paddlefruit said:

Tbh I think Walani* would be a cool addition to DST...even though I highly doubt a new character is coming with Salty Dog though.
But hey, ya never know with Klei :) 

*I fixed your post for you, you had a spelling mistake.

9 hours ago, maciu67 said:

As Klei wrote monster meat is the basic ingredient. It is logical that combat form idol requires meat but why two other form idols also require it.

Because it seems like the tranformation from now on connected to monster meat, rather than wood chopping.

18 minutes ago, Beardy Wilson said:

Because it seems like the tranformation from now on connected to monster meat, rather than wood chopping.

I guess an altered DS mechanic is coming back. If he cannot eat wood anymore he'd have to wait for a "cool down" after chopping. However it would be strange if Woodie can't turn into the Werebeaver by chopping and Lucy would lose her warning function.

1 minute ago, axxel said:

I guess an altered DS mechanic is coming back. If he cannot eat wood anymore he'd have to wait for a "cool down" after chopping. However it would be strange if Woodie can't turn into the Werebeaver by chopping and Lucy would lose her warning function.

Might be strange, but it wouldn't surprise me if they changed that fully and replaced it with the monster meat mechanic. 

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

-trade inn trader snip-

This is still cursed...

first off, all the characters including shadow hands have 4 fingers

second, the fingers on characters aren't hyperrealistic

third, what's up with his face? it looks slightly more deformed than when i saw him last time

im still thinking on forms first one is
Were-Bear  = splash AeO attacks
Were-Boar = Charged stun attacks
Were-Badger = ??
Were-hound ?? (i dont think so)
Were-Deer 

Were-Bat = Fast Movement speed . Flying
Were-Mole = put holes on maps and travel accross them
Were-Plantyplus = swim but bat does better i think

prob klei did different from this list 

6 minutes ago, Remps said:

im still thinking on forms first one is
Were-Bear  = splash AeO attacks
Were-Boar = Charged stun attacks
Were-Badger = ??
Were-hound ?? (i dont think so)
Were-Deer 

Were-Bat = Fast Movement speed . Flying
Were-Mole = put holes on maps and travel accross them
Were-Plantyplus = swim but bat does better i think

prob klei did different from this list 

a were boar would be awsome, but i think klei gonna do something that neither of us expect them to do.

19 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

That "forced" transformation can be easily evaded by entering the caves or by disconnecting & reconnecting during full moon, and having Treeguards is always nice, they'll fight against mobs for you and you can turn them any time into Living Logs.

Perhaps Woodie will have cons for average players, but real experts will know how to completly avoid his cons or how to use them for their own advantage. If these cons will stay as Woodie's only cons, he'll become a character without any cons at all.

You seem to play without any cons at all regardless of their changes.   I think the biggest con of Woddie has always been he throws all his gear on the grown while he is in were-mode so you have to run back trying to find your stuff while all the elements and evils that can befall anyone not playing in god mode (or 'real expert' as you imply)

i really think that having new animal forms would only work for me if it was Canadian related as he is the Canadian lumber jack. like if he just was like "i'm just gonna turn into the were dragon" that would kinda ruin his character. 

his perks and character should work hand in hand 

this is why i think it's gonna hurt him a bit since he never seemed to be going into voodoo land with the idols, which makes me sad really because woodie was more like a poor lumberjack who was cursed by his obsession of cutting down wood and was cursed by ... birds or something.

about his 2 forms

i think that instead of the new animal forms he has specified beaver forms or alternate beaver species he turns into 

58 minutes ago, thomas4845 said:

i think that instead of the new animal forms he has specified beaver forms or alternate beaver species he turns into 

Beavers have only two species european and canadian

Maybe he will be turning into different animals connected to wood e.g

logger form - werebeaver

locomotion form - werethermit

combat form - weredeer

12 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Can he swim tho

i hope not

26 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Beavers have only two species european and canadian

Maybe he will be turning into different animals connected to wood e.g

logger form - werebeaver

locomotion form - werethermit

combat form - weredeer

i hope not

"combat" and "deer" shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Archived