Woodie Character Update Next Week + News!

18 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

maybe JoeW will give hints on the 2 new Were-creatures like sound clips

this is unnecessary because we will know it on Thursday

18 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

i'm still betting on Were-grizzly as the 'combat' creature

but we already have one bear

On 9/7/2019 at 11:39 AM, BoxFace said:

With Locomotion, if there is swimming, how will it be explained? Woodies quote for a pond says he can't swim, and it's not like he gains some new knowledge temporarily.

Maybe it's an instinct thing; Woodie can't swim, but whatever he turns into can?

2 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Just as Wigfrid is not Valkyrie Woodlegs is not a pirate.

There's no real evidence showing that Woodlegs' pirateness is an act, unlike Wigfrid, who (rarely) breaks character. Care to elaborate?

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

Care to elaborate?

Always

I have quasi-theory about Woodlegs. He could lose his legs in Voxola Factory fire and after it went crazy and was locked in mention hospital and Wildeye Weston might be his psychiatrist.

4 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Always

I have quasi-theory about Woodlegs. He could lose his legs in Voxola Factory fire and after it went crazy and was locked in mention hospital and Wildeye Weston might be his psychiatrist.

But... but...

His boat, his ARGH!s, his nose for treasure, the game saying he was a pirate, his pirate theme, his pirate-y-ness.

9 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Walani is not a pirate (and i think woodlegs is also not)

Oh nice, another opportunity to post these quotes! It's implied that Walani was a pirate at some point, but isn't anymore.

Gunpowder Barrel- "Hmm, was I in charge of keeping these stowed?"
Cutlass Supreme- "It's been awhile since I held one of these."
Captain Hat- "If only the boss could see me now."
Deerclops Eyeball- "Aw. Kind of reminds me of the boss."
Thulecite Club- "Know a few scallywags I'd like to introduce this to."
Pond (Ruins)- "It makes me miss the open sea."
Watery Grave- "That wound's a little too fresh."

2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Oh nice, another opportunity to post these quotes! It's implied that Walani was a pirate at some point, but isn't anymore.

Gunpowder Barrel- "Hmm, was I in charge of keeping these stowed?"
Cutlass Supreme- "It's been awhile since I held one of these."
Captain Hat- "If only the boss could see me now."
Deerclops Eyeball- "Aw. Kind of reminds me of the boss."
Thulecite Club- "Know a few scallywags I'd like to introduce this to."
Pond (Ruins)- "It makes me miss the open sea."
Watery Grave- "That wound's a little too fresh."

Wolfgang quote: "I will wrestle you"

Ooooo Wolfgang was a wrestler!

Now I haven't played Woodie super much so I'll admit that I'm not the most qualified to speak on this, but my gut feeling is that I'm not super impressed by this update.

I'm a fan of KISS design (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and while I thought Willow's and Winona's reworks were acceptable, I now feel like this rework is going to kill what made Woodie, Woodie. I'm sure it'll probably play fine, I just think the original characters are too iconic and it sounds like this new Woodie is only going to keep the bare minimum of his older designs.

17 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Ooooo Wolfgang was a wrestler!

Glad you caught that!

360?cb=20190128042849Wolfgang_Shadow_Skin_Portrait.png.770303

Not many people notice that Wolfgang has references to wrestling, or general tests of strength.
Did you know that his original game title is actually "The Strongman"? Yes, really! It blew my mind too! Talk about a revelation! Totally makes sense with all those muscles and the old circus strongman getup in his default portrait, when you think about it...

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, maradyne said:

Not many people notice that Wolfgang has references to wrestling, or general tests of strength.
Did you know that his original game title is actually "The Strongman"? Yes, really! It blew my mind too! Talk about a revelation! Totally makes sense with all those muscles and the old circus strongman getup in his default portrait, when you think about it...

You defeated me but

9f0c386ebf98491bmed.png

Archived