Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Woodie Character Update Next Week + News!

Recommended Posts

JJ0264    125

maybe JoeW will give hints on the 2 new Were-creatures like sound clips

i'm still betting on Were-grizzly as the 'combat' creature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maciu67    485
18 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

maybe JoeW will give hints on the 2 new Were-creatures like sound clips

this is unnecessary because we will know it on Thursday

18 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

i'm still betting on Were-grizzly as the 'combat' creature

but we already have one bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJ0264    125
1 hour ago, maciu67 said:

this is unnecessary because we will know it on Thursday

but we already have one bear

true

2 pirate characters (Walani and Woodlegs)

2 were-characters (Woodie and Wilba)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    9,957
1 hour ago, JJ0264 said:

true

2 pirate characters (Walani and Woodlegs)

2 were-characters (Woodie and Wilba)

Now the only next logical step is to add a Werepirate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrashLord    236
On 9/7/2019 at 11:39 AM, BoxFace said:

With Locomotion, if there is swimming, how will it be explained? Woodies quote for a pond says he can't swim, and it's not like he gains some new knowledge temporarily.

Maybe it's an instinct thing; Woodie can't swim, but whatever he turns into can?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maciu67    485
8 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

true

2 pirate characters (Walani and Woodlegs)

2 were-characters (Woodie and Wilba)

Walani is not a pirate (and i think woodlegs is also not)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    9,957
4 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Walani is not a pirate (and i think woodlegs is also not)

Did...

Did you just say that Woodlegs, THE Pirate, isn't a Pirate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maciu67    485
5 minutes ago, Canis said:

Did...

Did you just say that Woodlegs, THE Pirate, isn't a Pirate?

Just as Wigfrid is not Valkyrie Woodlegs is not a pirate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    9,957
2 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Just as Wigfrid is not Valkyrie Woodlegs is not a pirate.

There's no real evidence showing that Woodlegs' pirateness is an act, unlike Wigfrid, who (rarely) breaks character. Care to elaborate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maciu67    485
2 minutes ago, Canis said:

Care to elaborate?

Always

I have quasi-theory about Woodlegs. He could lose his legs in Voxola Factory fire and after it went crazy and was locked in mention hospital and Wildeye Weston might be his psychiatrist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    5,211
4 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Always

I have quasi-theory about Woodlegs. He could lose his legs in Voxola Factory fire and after it went crazy and was locked in mention hospital and Wildeye Weston might be his psychiatrist.

But... but...

His boat, his ARGH!s, his nose for treasure, the game saying he was a pirate, his pirate theme, his pirate-y-ness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maciu67    485
52 minutes ago, -Variant said:

But... but...

His boat, his ARGH!s, his nose for treasure, the game saying he was a pirate, his pirate theme, his pirate-y-ness.

It's sad but true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sunset Skye    5,851
9 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Walani is not a pirate (and i think woodlegs is also not)

Oh nice, another opportunity to post these quotes! It's implied that Walani was a pirate at some point, but isn't anymore.

Gunpowder Barrel- "Hmm, was I in charge of keeping these stowed?"
Cutlass Supreme- "It's been awhile since I held one of these."
Captain Hat- "If only the boss could see me now."
Deerclops Eyeball- "Aw. Kind of reminds me of the boss."
Thulecite Club- "Know a few scallywags I'd like to introduce this to."
Pond (Ruins)- "It makes me miss the open sea."
Watery Grave- "That wound's a little too fresh."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    4,942
1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

Watery Grave- "That wound's a little too fresh."

...o o f.

image.thumb.png.3eef2a5277c4aac86810ecd112cc6d18.png

 

Also I find the implication of the eyeball quote entertaining. Stereotypical one-eyed pirate with a patch. Cyclopes. Hehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    63,669
11 hours ago, Canis said:

Did...Did you just say that Wodlegs, THE Pirate, isn't a Pirate?

The heartbreak if Woodlegs finds out he's not a pirate but the laidback surfer was would be hilarious to watch.:wilson_ecstatic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty please, Klei, fix Woodie's quotes so he says "aboot" instead of "about" all the time. Some of the new lines missed that detail. We want our Canadian to be a 100 percent true! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maciu67    485
2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Oh nice, another opportunity to post these quotes! It's implied that Walani was a pirate at some point, but isn't anymore.

Gunpowder Barrel- "Hmm, was I in charge of keeping these stowed?"
Cutlass Supreme- "It's been awhile since I held one of these."
Captain Hat- "If only the boss could see me now."
Deerclops Eyeball- "Aw. Kind of reminds me of the boss."
Thulecite Club- "Know a few scallywags I'd like to introduce this to."
Pond (Ruins)- "It makes me miss the open sea."
Watery Grave- "That wound's a little too fresh."

Wolfgang quote: "I will wrestle you"

Ooooo Wolfgang was a wrestler!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyberboy2000    659

Now I haven't played Woodie super much so I'll admit that I'm not the most qualified to speak on this, but my gut feeling is that I'm not super impressed by this update.

I'm a fan of KISS design (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and while I thought Willow's and Winona's reworks were acceptable, I now feel like this rework is going to kill what made Woodie, Woodie. I'm sure it'll probably play fine, I just think the original characters are too iconic and it sounds like this new Woodie is only going to keep the bare minimum of his older designs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    4,942
17 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Ooooo Wolfgang was a wrestler!

Glad you caught that!

360?cb=20190128042849Wolfgang_Shadow_Skin_Portrait.png.770303

 

Not many people notice that Wolfgang has references to wrestling, or general tests of strength.
Did you know that his original game title is actually "The Strongman"? Yes, really! It blew my mind too! Talk about a revelation! Totally makes sense with all those muscles and the old circus strongman getup in his default portrait, when you think about it...

 

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maciu67    485
19 minutes ago, maradyne said:

Not many people notice that Wolfgang has references to wrestling, or general tests of strength.
Did you know that his original game title is actually "The Strongman"? Yes, really! It blew my mind too! Talk about a revelation! Totally makes sense with all those muscles and the old circus strongman getup in his default portrait, when you think about it...

You defeated me but

9f0c386ebf98491bmed.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites