ResettePlayer    3,837
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Yep!

That's great! Looking forward to seeing what you guys have been cooking up for the past few years.

Edited by ResettePlayer
  • Like 1

minespatch    53,969
11 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Yep! I'll be on stream tomorrow showing the game with @jambell :)

The Jamjar duo will be on tomorrow?!

5a05ece1676d3_WilsonpassesbySmith.thumb.png.ca951c9d474b7243855b8aa55c7a35f2.png

Smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith

Wait, does this mean that Griftlands playable characters will have s's for names?

• Like 3

Maxeek    15

Damn I'm so confused, but it looks good and original.

Got some understanding about combat and "speech", but now I'm stuck with low everything. :D

This will be heavy on 3rd party translations tho. Unlike DS and ONI the conversation are really must read and understand.

P.S. Thank you so much releasing this 30 minutes after buying DST Forge skin pack on Steam. What a rip off from valve. You really changed my view point on games. And after watching your GDC vids I don't really care about this EGS controversy or whatever. Wish you guys at Klei good luck with this game. No crunch and happiness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JoeW    24,378
1 hour ago, Murlo said:

"Tomorrow morning" for which time zone exactly ?

The post has a tool you can use to find out what time it will be in your time zone:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

zzKratoszz    119

Unfortunately this will be the first klei alpha I can't participate in for the last decade. I'm glad klei can get the money bags they deserve but I am still ultimately disappointed.

4 hours ago, Maxeek said:

P.S. Thank you so much releasing this 30 minutes after buying DST Forge skin pack on Steam. What a rip off from valve. You really changed my view point on games. And after watching your GDC vids I don't really care about this EGS controversy or whatever. Wish you guys at Klei good luck with this game. No crunch and happiness.

Half the EGS controversy is about developer mistreatment such as crunch time. Even if its not the half that made it famous.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, zzKratoszz said:

Unfortunately this will be the first klei alpha I can't participate in for the last decade. I'm glad klei can get the money bags they deserve but I am still ultimately disappointed.

I am on the sameboat here. I still love you guys and gals at Klei, but this is a real boneheaded decision to work with a company that is so anti-consumer. I mean at the end of the day a company needs profit to survive, especially an indie developer, but after seeing this company managing to self-publish their past few games as successes, it feels like a betrayal of consumer trust to stick this as an epic exclusive first.

So I do hope that this game is a success, but I fear I will not in good conscience buy this game while its only exclusive on the Epic game store.

• Sad 1

Russian Philin    5,784
Posted (edited)

I would want pre-order this wonderful game, but I am confused by Epic Games Store. But I want to support you, especially the project looks interesting and beautiful, and I want to try it:wilson_dorky:All right, I think about it.

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Thanks 1

Bendas    0

Simple question. I saw that I'll receive a Steam key, in the game release, if I buy the game on Epic Store.

Is this rule valid yet?

How could I receive the Steam key?

Conejoo    8
Posted (edited)

Big Yikes.

Will wait another year, waited so long already so it won't hurt to wait a little bit more.

Hope these kind of deals do not become the norm for you guys as it is already the norm for so many developers.

It's awesome that they pay you guys more, it would be even more awesome if they were this kind to players too, the actual customers on their store, not only developers.

The spyware thing, plus the launcher being awful and lacking in pretty much everything, plus the store being even more awful in my country, plus all the anti consumer practises are the reasons why i will probably never support any game on EPIC.

Edited by Conejoo
  • Sad 2

Gnofus    3

Yeah, gotta say I'm really disappointed.  You guys make awesome games and I love supporting you, but I absolutely won't support Epic nor the developers who sell out to them.  I realize you got a ton of money for this, money you can use to make the game even more awesome, but in the end the Epic store is featureless, has little to no respect for data security and Epic pretty much goes out of its way to treat customers and employees both as worthless cogs in their great money-making wheel.  I cannot in good conscience support those practices, so ... wish you the best, but I am outta here.

• Like 3

minespatch    53,969
19 hours ago, Gnofus said:

wish you the best, but I am outta here.

Wait for the steam version, I know I am.

• Thanks 1

PerPlaysToo    2

So disappointed. Though I have supported and spoken warmly of Klei for years, I can not support the practices of a customer-hostile company like Epic in any way or form. 

• Like 2

Hekateras    132
Posted (edited)

Exciting! I don't know if I'll be buying it now or when it's on Steam, but it's heartening to see the project come off ice. On a separate note, I'm also really excited to have Kevin being present in the community again. I saw how much you engaged with the community for lore-building and the like for Invisible Inc and I've always really admired that. I've always liked having preset characters rather than just randomly generated chess pieces, and for me, the banters and data logs and other lore stuff you wrote for Invisible Inc took the game from good to great. (The community's also done a lot to expand on that since then and I do hope you check it out! We love you over there.) Honestly tempted to buy the alpha off Epic now just for the chance to engage and be part of it.

Edited by Hekateras
  • Thanks 1

Remps    169

i bought the game but i saw in forums if you purchased in epic store you will get code for steam uhm my question is when ill get code after steam release or now ? or never?

• Like 1