Any unknown mechanic to share?

idk if this is really 'unknown', but if one has two mactusks within the same screen, killing one of the hounds will wake both mactusks; this will probably end your run if you're unprepared to solo two mactusks simultaneously.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 11:45 AM, goodguythatguy said:

Here's a random thing I noticed. The game has no Auto-Run, at least not that I'm aware of. But, if I run in a direction I want to go, and then click with my Mouse outside of the DST Game Window (on one of my other computer monitors for example), then the character is set to Auto_Run in the direction I was running in when I clicked outside the DST Game Window.

This works because the game only detected you pressing down a key, but not releasing it. It's quite annoying if you ever tried to do alt-tab to switch between tabs(it makes alt key down all the time)

2 hours ago, Fenrir_Jow said:

Dread stone helmet equiped for mobs recovery durability? If does, we could put it on a spider and kill her with planar damage.

Unfortunetly it does not. The armor requires the user to have a brain. :lol:

This also means that the armor does not regen on moon island/the grotto/moon storms as your sanity is replaced with lunacy

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So apparently the new vine trap wormwood has can trap shadow bishop even when he goes bat mode (also gets huge for some reason)

c215010b847e403587b0580e8048fa34.gif

Also, his little tentacle buddies apparently count as a mob. If they get the last hit before an enemy attacks, they'll likly focus on it rather than you. (Can be a negative as Klaus will spawn a heat/freeze spell on it as well)

dea2e62f636846c9a5d70b3ea0939401.gif

Edited by Brago-sama
  • Like 1
  • Wavey 1

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Apparently if a pig gets attacked by a frog right as your trying to hire them you’ll end up with a completely free follower and get back the pigskin you tried to hire him with.

IMG_5867.gif.dd4728ae8cd607553edc91aa062ec3d6.gif

This happened to me with a pig and bats attacking him, but while transforming the pigman into a werepig. He was trying to sleep, i kept waking him up (by attacking him) and feeding him.

I guess it has to do with how they have an inventory where the item is stored before eating it, thus dropping it, like bats when they are munching on a piece of food.

• Like 3

On 7/30/2023 at 6:40 PM, Bloomada said:

i like to use moleworms to store excess turf, since they just put any item in their mole hole its easy to dig up and saves on chest space

Another pointless moleworm fact.

You can use Walters slingshot ammo to feed moleworms. So if you want a pet moleworm, having the rock slingshot ammo is the way to go because it turns one rock into ten slingshot ammo.

Sincerely,

Cactus 

Edited by RoughCactus69
  • Like 1
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 2

20 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Another pointless moleworm fact.

You can use Walters slingshot ammo to feed moleworms. So if you want a pet moleworm, having the rock slingshot ammo is the way to go because it turns one rock into ten slingshot ammo.

Sincerely,

Cactus 

if u have mr krabbs mastery, u can feed them poo pellets uunless im wrobg

wandus can actually only store a limited number of backsteps before she says its enough backstepping for now:

when young, she only stores 8 backsteps 

when middle aged, she stores 16 backsteps

when old she stores 32 backsteps

i literally have not found any documentation of this anywhere, so im putting it here for now

• Like 6
  • Sanity 1

While not exactly a “Unknown” Mechanic, I just figured out that Characters who aren’t Woodie can still use his Tree Guard Idols by burning them.

This seems sort of Overpowered when you clock it in on someone like Wolfgang or Wanda or Wendy in Addition to their already high hitting damage numbers.

I was kinda surprised it worked too because I figured when I went to try to burn it as Wendy she would say something like “Only Woodie knows how to work these things..” 

But NOPE! It appears Warlys Portable Cooking Gear & Walters Slingshots are still in a league of exclusivity all on their own.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But NOPE! It appears Warlys Portable Cooking Gear & Walters Slingshots are still in a league of exclusivity all on their own.

Your profile picture is literally a character with items only they can use. 

I’m just now discovering you can feed Woodies Transformation Idols to Bird in Birdcage to get eggs for Perogi, this is Game changing for me because IDOLS NEVER SPOIL.

It won’t mean anything to Anyone who has killed Bee Queen and obtained Bundling Wraps to forever preserve their foods.

But those of you who do that seem to also forget what playing this game is like without access to such a powerful item, I often return from long trips to discover all my food in my fridges has turned to rot during my time away from base.

So having these Idols that won’t ever spoil to feed to bird only when I “need” eggs & don’t need the transformation totems is pretty nifty.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:35 AM, _zwb said:

Um actually any character can haunt Vigor Mortis to gain a small speed boost as ghost:wilson_nerdy:

I guess you guys forgot about the Sisturn too, sure only Wendy can build it.. but after that anyone can keep accessing its inventory to refill it with flower petals, I’m sure the Wolfgang’s and Walters who struggle with sanity will enjoy the extra boost the Sisturn provides in helping manage it.

4 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Walter can just stand next to trees and get sanity instead

True, but you can also put a Sisturn in the middle of those trees like a shrine and speed up his sanity gaining process.

Im a Wendy main, it is my job to find out just how useful Wendy can be to all the other playable characters outside of just Hehehe durrr Abigail Kill Everything.

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It won’t mean anything to Anyone who has killed Bee Queen and obtained Bundling Wraps to forever preserve their foods.

But those of you who do that seem to also forget what playing this game is like without access to such a powerful item, I often return from long trips to discover all my food in my fridges has turned to rot during my time away from base

Poor bundling wrap, keeps getting hated by someone who can't afford to spend time finding a plan to defeat bee queen and claim you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • GL Happy 1