Upcoming Content Beta and Roadmap Update

58 minutes ago, Jynn said:

I hope Wormwood gets a skin that makes him look like his unused more neutral colored art

download (1).jpg

I recoloured all of Wormwood’s textures to do just this, but I ran into some issues. Everything aside from stage 1 is jumbled. It’s bizarre.

4843CB07-07E5-4B79-AC53-11A37CDFF25E.png

9 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

I recoloured all of Wormwood’s textures to do just this, but I ran into some issues. Everything aside from stage 1 is jumbled. It’s bizarre.

4843CB07-07E5-4B79-AC53-11A37CDFF25E.png

that looks nice! I prefer him to be a more woody brown color than the really vibrant green, i look forward to what skins he gets

8 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

In addition to new content, we are preparing for the arrival of the next new character. We’re happy to announce that Wormwood will soon enter the fray, fresh from his adventures in Don't Starve: Hamlet!

Really cool to see Wormwood make an appearance in DST. If there was one repurposed character ported over, for me Wormwood was my #1 pick. Hopefully there aren't too many more, it would still be nice to see some completely new characters.

I can already forsee Wormwood being extremely powerful in DST. Sure there are no Mud Spas to heal from, but since this is a team-based setting, you can simply rely on other characters to essentially act as meat shields for you. And of course, free dark swords for everyone. No more waiting for treeguards to spawn! 

Really hyped for this new content. Looks amazing so far.

Thank you Klei, I've been waiting for Warly to be added officially to the Constant for so long, ever since I played him on shipwrecked, I've completely fell in love with the character play style and cooking! This is wonderful news! Looking forward for the updates to come! Again, thank you haha.

4 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

Does this make Hamlet and SW canon? I think so

And since Wilson was shown to have been the one to visit all three lands in the Constant, that makes him the only survivor to have experience in all places. Dude, the L O R E . 

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

I always thought they were honestly.. they all coexist in the same world... Just different new lands connected by the "worthies" 

This, same world in...lets say "fragments" by now.

6 hours ago, Zeklo said:

As far as I can tell:

Hide contents

While on the island your sanity is replaced by a new meter. While sane off island you're basically insane on the island.

The effects are different for Lunacy, but everything is distorted and "Brightmares" spawn. The current little guys raise Lunacy & cause drowsiness. They're called "Gestalt".

Gestalt means shape in German 

33 minutes ago, NeddoFreddo said:

I can already forsee Wormwood being extremely powerful in DST. Sure there are no Mud Spas to heal from, but since this is a team-based setting, you can simply rely on other characters to essentially act as meat shields for you. And of course, free dark swords for everyone. No more waiting for treeguards to spawn! 

also Wortox just nuking his downside

Just now, 4 Da LOLs said:

i'm actually very curious if Wormwood will still have his no health form food con

i mean Wortox makes it completely negligible but that's only if your team has a Wortox i wonder how this pans out

Ofc he will.. That's what makes him interesting 

2 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

In psychology, it is defined as " an organized whole that is perceived as more than the sum of its parts."

Don't think that applies there tho... But ty

5 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Ofc he will.. That's what makes him interesting 

what i mean is it won't be because Wortox would just heal him with souls it just makes them dependent on the chance that others play Wortox

im saying i think they might change the way he lacks the ability to heal normally

“Gestalt” is commonly used in English in the sense Bluegeist refers to, and not really in any other sense. It’s a type of psychology that was popular in the 1960s, and then the word moved into conversational English to mean an entire system or perception. It’s pretty weird to see it in DST!

3 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

“Gestalt” is commonly used in English in the sense Bluegeist refers to, and not really in any other sense. It’s a type of psychology that was popular in the 1960s, and then the word moved into conversational English to mean an entire system or perception. It’s pretty weird to see it in DST!

Well, ds/dst is based on Lovecraft partially, and sometimes in the novels he used a bit of "psychological horror".

Archived