Upcoming Content Beta and Roadmap Update

As H.P. Lovecraft fan I can't keep from seeing more than I should :D into this:

"Our Survivors will be forced to contend with terrifying monstrosities beyond their comprehension, and yet, there may be a silver lining: their minds and horizons will be expanded under the sublime light of an ancient moon. "

Some eldritch abomination ?!

Crazy lore rant below:

Spoiler

Also the moon is on the samle planet or is the planet actually not in a sphare shape and the moon is above the normal land (like if you traven on a cylinder or we are inside a sphare) and the "moon" is above the normal stuff ... this is just some wield speculation but it's really interesting lore wise ... A moon like island. What does this mean for the full moon or the moon rock... if the moon is onland. I think we need to wait for more content for this to be answered.

EDIT: AS I noticed that Wilson in the water is actually made in circle (the water goes in circle) This makes me belive that we are in some sort of cylinder even more.

More EDIT: This way the Moon rocks are just falling from above to the ground (same for the full moon as I noticed the fisures glow stronger during full moon)

DzrN6fUWkAAmV-q.jpg.f64841beb326919d11026d1a677f4f2e.jpg

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Warly 
For the next character refresh, Warly will be sailing into the Constant from Shipwrecked on July 18th, and will be free to all players of Don’t Starve Together.

e4chhhz6d1w21.jpg.8c30de52dcd583d83fde95b2f6a7cc58.jpg

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Wormwood

In addition to new content, we are preparing for the arrival of the next new character. We’re happy to announce that Wormwood will soon enter the fray, fresh from his adventures in Don't Starve: Hamlet!

5cddc0a794cb9_tenor(1).gif.15fe86bb27b9648dbd42caa1ceef7d9a.gif

5 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

As H.P. Lovecraft fan I can't keep from seeing more more than I should :D into this:

"Our Survivors will be forced to contend with terrifying monstrosities beyond their comprehension, and yet, there may be a silver lining: their minds and horizons will be expanded under the sublime light of an ancient moon. "

Some eldritch abomination ?!

Crazy lore rant below:

Reveal hidden contents

Also the moon is on the samle planet or is the planet actually not in a sphare shape and the moon is above the normal land (like if you traven on a cylinder or we are inside a sphare) and the "moon" is above the normal stuff ... this is just some wield speculation but it's really interesting lore wise ... A moon like island. what does this mean for the full moon or the moon rock... if the moon is onland. I think we need to wait for more content for this to be answered.

EDIT: AS i noticed that wilson in the water is actually made in circle (the water goes in circle) This makes me belive that we are in some sort of cylinder even more.

My thoughts exactly

I almost choked to death on my own saliva in glee - Wormwood AND Warly coming to DST! And new moon-based Them content! :excitement:

Is there any plans for adding Wilba, Woodlegs, Wilbur, and Wagstaff to DST in the future? Because Wormwood was always my top pick for DST introduction but those three are right behind. Though I'd hardly be upset if it was Walani or Amelia Steerheart Wheeler given priority. I love all my survivor babies. <3 

You're all amazing and every update has been amazing. :wilson_love: 

Can't believe you added sailing to DST, I love it :D

14 minutes ago, Pumkingthegreat said:

I am so happy you guys added a alone world setting, I am so hopping you will treat solo players with the same respect

Do we get drops with this alone setting?

I'm sorry if this question was already made!
Buuut...
Will Wormwood get new skins too?
And if the person have hamlet, there will be a bundle for only skins?

Thanks in advance!

• Developer
1 hour ago, Pumkingthegreat said:

I am so happy you guys added a alone world setting, I am so hopping you will treat solo players with the same respect

Thats not new, it just only appears whenever you load the game for the very first time(or the first time in a beta), nothing changed.

2 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

Can't wait for wormwood skins

OH! OH MY! That didn't occur to me before I read your comment! Oh please, gods, yes! 
Wormwood skins would make me weep in joy.Not just his character but item skins too. Like an umbrella based on his full flowering bloom, a full moon fat mandrake backpack, reskins of the green gem items based on his soul gem, or a thorny green spear. 
So many different plants one could base skins on. And plant mobs but I think the best skins would be botanical variants. [His awesome Beta skin? Roseate? Seaweed Skin? Accurate Wormwood Flower Skin? Frosted Flower Skin? Dandelion Puff Skin? Pumpkin Skin? Evil Flower and Nightmare Gem Skin? Tree Skin? Fungal Skin? Sugarplum Skin? Mechanical Flower Skin? Blooming Cactus Skin? Cornflower, Honeysuckle, Clover, Lily of The Valley, Bonsai, Sunflower, Hibiscus, Bluebell, Bleeding Hearts, Forget-Me-Not, Aconite, Hydrangea, Dragonsnap, Hot Pepper, Poinsettia, Rafflesia, Lotus, Crocus, Marigold, Squash Blossom, Sakura, Buttercup, Fiddlehead, Peony or Poppy skins?

4 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Warly 
For the next character refresh, Warly will be sailing into the Constant from Shipwrecked on July 18th, and will be free to all players of Don’t Starve Together.

Klei just... see what happened to Hamlet. Think at least 3 times before you decide to, basically, refuse money.

In the 2019 roadmap you've said that there'll be 4 new characters that'll be your source of income. If Warly is one of them then... well, he won't be your source of income.

Wormwood is a pretty cool thing instead of an item skin.

40 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Can you build pighouses on it too? 

EDIT: The better question might be, what CAN'T you build on it? 

you can build anything on boats, even beefalo pen

Archived