Upcoming Content Beta and Roadmap Update

27 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I love her personality a lot.. But Wormwood offers a much more interesting gameplay 

I am loving how Wheeler plays in Hamlet, her dodge skill can be a life saver, her Pew-matic horn is an excellent weapon, in my opinion, especially for those pesky birds and you finally have a use for stingers, her navigadget can be very useful in quite a few circumstances, like finding the Things (you can find the box thing with just a gnome trinket or a spear in your navigadget and it'll lead you to it, or in the ruins for the search of the Statues) her extra speed even if it is a small one is incredibly satisfying when exploring! Most of the times I choose to play Maxwell over any other character, but now with Wheeler I've found another character that I love as much as him!

About Wormwood, I haven't played as him much so I cannot give a definitive opinion on my side. But from what little I've played he has quite an interesting challenge on his side with the no-health gained from food which I very much like, but I believe this will change in DST as poop is somewhat uncommon in comparison to Hamlet. His green thumb tab has quite a few interesting gadgets that make his playstyle unique, but he never really got stuck with me, I prefer Wheeler's playstyle over Wormwood. Maybe it's because Wheeler's gameplay is much more.. simple than Wormwood's and that is what I enjoy so much about her. That doesn't mean I hate Wormwood's character or his playstyle, quite the opposite, I like the challenge he brings and the unique pros he has and I have to agree that his lore is much more intriguing, I'm referring to the gem stuck in his torso, in comparison to Wheeler who just crashed in The Constant, her story is a bit mundane.

Guess I can't and shouldn't complain, at least they're bringing Wormwood over to DST, maybe his changes on the multiplayer will get me playing him more often. I just hoped it would've been Wheeler, oh well, at least I can continue playing her on singleplayer!

8 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Shipwrecked always was in the Constant.

This begs to differ:

On 5/16/2019 at 9:39 AM, Bigfoot said:

For the next character refresh, Warly will be sailing into the Constant from Shipwrecked

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

This begs to differ:

How then spiders exist in both world and other creature that created by maxwell?

Or maybe constant is the name of the island that wilson and other are on it.

Just now, Namelessgamer said:

Or maybe constant is the name of the island that wilson and other are on it.

This is the most likely answer. Everyone seems to immediately think that everything is a different dimension or world, or whatever, but we know Merms escaped into the Gorge's ocean, yet we have some in the Constant. Etc. Things like that.

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

This is the most likely answer. Everyone seems to immediately think that everything is a different dimension or world, or whatever, but we know Merms escaped into the Gorge's ocean, yet we have some in the Constant. Etc. Things like that.

Right. Similar with Birds popping up in places they shouldn't, ala Maxwell, and their implied migration across great distances in Metheus.
...random reminder that while we've now gotten a step toward figuring out the significance of DST's """""MOON""""" motif, we're still due for something with the birds. Both have had significant presence since DST's earliest announcement.

It can also be the case that he entered the Constant by a portal, similar to Electric Isosceles in SW. 

These portals could pop up randomly and be open for a short time, long time or forever and portals like the one in Gorge, Forge and in the ruins are just made for reliable transport between worlds or just made so that they(the creators) could choose which location to go, similar to the Stargate in the Stargate franchise. Use certain key to go to specific world?(Probably not but a possibility)

Merms could easily go from one world to another by using the Gorge portal before being fully turned.

I don't mind at all if SW and Constant are on the same world, Constant and Gorge however I think most likely are not on the same world.

Guess we might see some more of how it works when Warly/Wormwood come out. I'm in the 'massive ocean connecting most of it but also portals and gateways to jump around' camp. DST's reveal did start out with Wilson finding out that there were other islands in the Constant.

At the beginning of the year it was said that there would be 4 new characters for Together. Wormwood and Warly fit in these places? I think I saw something saying about being totally new characters (but I'm not sure if this term was used, maybe I got confused somewhere I read about)

6 minutes ago, mr_kiwo said:

At the beginning of the year it was said that there would be 4 new characters for Together. Wormwood and Warly fit in these places? I think I saw something saying about being totally new characters (but I'm not sure if this term was used, maybe I got confused somewhere I read about)

It appears that wormwood will be the next paid DLC character, while warly will be the next free character refresh. Whether klei said the paid dlc characters were all going to be new I do not know, but as for character refreshes they did say "everyone" was getting one.

So I guess there are two more paid dlc characters left.

...Wilba and Wheeler? I was hoping for, y'know, new characters, but...that would fit the current events.

Since he's base-game, Wagstaff is probably under the refresh or directly import category; toward the end of these updates if I had to guess.

13 hours ago, Pies said:

Hey, looky here.

The wooden pancakes stack.
if you spawn them that is

20190517103027_1.thumb.jpg.c59cfe6ad905b563d1dfbab2737f43d1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the closest we got to vertical movement in DS history, isn't it?

Boy you have no idea what's coming

On ‎2019‎年‎5‎月‎17‎日 at 4:32 PM, Ham3d said:

me too . use with mouse.

(and also for controlling wheeler)

And if you bulid something on the center of the block,you cannot put turf on this block when you use a gamepad.It is an old BUG

On 16.05.2019 at 7:36 PM, Chris1448 said:

...RIP Island Adventures...

Oh right, about that. I don't really know how far the work went, but I can imagine, knowing how similar projects done by similar people ended up.
This is not a diss or anything, hear me out.

In my opinion, Klei has just made your situation better. They introduced sailing mechanic from Shipwrecked but that's it. Boats are different, sea bases are different (way better than in SW lol)... They are also adding Warly for some reason? But that's it, I don't think they are bringing SW content to DST. They just introduced sailing to make reaching lunar island interesting. Also, bridges.

What me and a lot of people wanted from Island Adventure was porting Shiprecked to DST, not creating some new content. With sailing introduced, your job should be way easier now. Just work on porting SW please, as a single separate world and Volcano as a shard or something. After you do this, feel free to do whatever. I just want to play SW with friends, please.

So, Warly sailed to the constant from Shipwrecked? With this in mind, whatever happened to the other Shipwrecked characters? Whatever happened to Walani, Wilbur and Woodlegs? Are they just stuck in this endless cycle of life and death on these unforgiving islands?

HOL UP!! Wormwood will come out june 6th, literally 3 days before my birthday, and he'll be for FREE!?

Klei, you're spoiling us!

I've had a chance to see how beta looks like, and i'm super excited when it gets fully implemented in the game!

That being said,

Spoiler

Any plans on implementing beaches? The way the things look right now look fairly unrealistic, with how land just suddenly ends and water starts.

5 hours ago, Maslak said:

Oh right, about that. I don't really know how far the work went, but I can imagine, knowing how similar projects done by similar people ended up.
This is not a diss or anything, hear me out.

In my opinion, Klei has just made your situation better. They introduced sailing mechanic from Shipwrecked but that's it. Boats are different, sea bases are different (way better than in SW lol)... They are also adding Warly for some reason? But that's it, I don't think they are bringing SW content to DST. They just introduced sailing to make reaching lunar island interesting. Also, bridges.

What me and a lot of people wanted from Island Adventure was porting Shiprecked to DST, not creating some new content. With sailing introduced, your job should be way easier now. Just work on porting SW please, as a single separate world and Volcano as a shard or something. After you do this, feel free to do whatever. I just want to play SW with friends, please.

Yeah, I overreacted at first. Island Adventures is in no way challenged by the additions of this update, and it in fact helps out our situation a lot. We can remove a lot of the sounds from our mod that has now been put into the official game, and we don't need to go through the trouble of making a million new custom floatable anims for the DST exclusive items/skins on water. On top of that, our worldgen of the RoG continent can be cleaned up significantly through how Klei has done theirs. The only thing that's going to waste is our Warly rebalance, which while I'm sad to see go, I'm happy he's officially supported now.

Also we're still going to be porting Shipwrecked to DST, that's not going to change. However we still now need to fix IA with the new changes this update has presented, and make the Merged world work with SW/DST's waters, boats, and islands. After that's done we're gonna make SW a separate world and do the Volcano like everyone's asking for. We're also planning on including some of DST content from both ANR and RoT. Imagine using those new boat bases in a strictly SW world! I'm excited for the updates to come.

Archived