Upcoming Content Beta and Roadmap Update

Woodie main I am.

Kill green men I must.

For real though, I really don’t think Wormwood fits into the game and I’m disappointed we’re getting him instead of Wagstaff. It’s not even about Wagstaff; I’d rather have no new character at all than a character that shouldn’t be there.

1 hour ago, Alarsin said:

I really don’t think Wormwood fits into the game

Now, why's this?

I love how unique he is, how he plays, and I just love the fact that we get to play another Monster that came from the Constant.

I don't see how he don't fits in the game, aside from him hogging quality, such as custom fonts and whatnot, but I feel that just makes him better.

On 5/30/2019 at 7:56 AM, -Variant said:

I don't see how he don't fits in the game, aside from him hogging quality, such as custom fonts and whatnot, but I feel that just makes him better.

mostly because he has such a clashing color scheme with a lot of lime green and weird text font

On 5/16/2019 at 12:39 PM, Bigfoot said:

F.A.Q.

What about console?
Since console does not have beta branch functionality, consoles will be getting Turn of Tides at the official launch in June.

Have to say, as a console player, feeling rather left behind in this game for so long, it led me to take a break. When we got skipped on winters feast after having hallowed nights for 6 months, I played Year of the Varg and took my hiatus. Im loving that we are starting to get the love back weve deserved. This is my all time favorite game, love to see it still going strong. Was so giddy when i read that we get it at the same time. Also seen that skins is integral to you guys staying ahead on new content so looks like ill be making some purchases. Glad to come back to see an action packed 2019 road map. Thanks for this game, its amazing.

On 2019-06-01 at 6:58 PM, LeeFuelWeaver said:

Have to say, as a console player, feeling rather left behind in this game for so long, it led me to take a break. When we got skipped on winters feast after having hallowed nights for 6 months, I played Year of the Varg and took my hiatus. Im loving that we are starting to get the love back weve deserved. This is my all time favorite game, love to see it still going strong. Was so giddy when i read that we get it at the same time. Also seen that skins is integral to you guys staying ahead on new content so looks like ill be making some purchases. Glad to come back to see an action packed 2019 road map. Thanks for this game, its amazing.

I did the exact same thing. I quit after year of the Varg when The Forge never came to console. New content was released and console players got nothing. Now mid-2019 were supposedly all getting the update at the same time. We’ll see June 20th. If it doesn’t come June 20th, Idk, I give up.

So I have a question.

Can a regular non beta DST game be updated to have the new content once is comes out later in June or would me and my friends need to start a new game?

If we do need to start a new game however, would we need to start even newer games once the rest of the content come out later this year?

It's more likely lore related because

Spoiler

a chunk of moon fell down into the chaotic sea and it just stopped the waves permanently.

It even explains why the new ocean is a little bit too more into the height ( againist the edges ), the Luna island took up space so water was pushed.

7 hours ago, MrKoopa said:

I have not thought about that. That could be possible.

There however is 1 question and that is what was it that made the waves in the first place. Magic that got weaker when it hit the Constant ocean?

possibly the moon's gravitional force, when it split up the force wasn't so strong to keep the waves flowing...

13 minutes ago, Earthwake said:

So... no Warly, or new Twitch items. Everything ok at headquarters or is the team just really focused on other content or games right now?

It's 4 am in Vancouver. So I'd say everything's ok but the team's sleeping... I'm expecting an update in 5-10 hours or so.

2 hours ago, Earthwake said:

So... no Warly, or new Twitch items. Everything ok at headquarters or is the team just really focused on other content or games right now?

Say pal, don't you have the patience of a saint? ;P

3 hours ago, PkPatrick said:

Does anybody know if the update is available for console yet? I went to explore around, saw the new characters available, but didn't see anything new under the science machine, and no way to sail in the water.

This thread is outdated but the "console will update when Turn of Tides releases officially" still stands, I assume.

The problem is Turn of Tides has been delayed, and we haven't had word since. So console still has to wait for the finalized update.

4 hours ago, PkPatrick said:

Does anybody know if the update is available for console yet? I went to explore around, saw the new characters available, but didn't see anything new under the science machine, and no way to sail in the water.

It's not released on PC either, the one you saw is on the beta server. The characters are separate updates from the sea update.

Archived