QOL update report

Jason

• Developer

Hi everyone, we have the QOL update scheduled to be released on Thursday (Dec 20th) but unfortunately it will not be ready by then. We had a few team members down with seasonal illness this cycle and a couple of the features were not as easy to port from DST as we expected. So, allowing for time to test before we push the button, and the time the office will be closed for the holiday, the QOL update is being pushed back until the new year. Jan 9th or 10th seems like the likely date it will come out.

We thank everyone for their patience, and hope you have a great festive season. There will still be an update with some bug fixes coming soon. 

Too bad. At least we will start 2019 with the right foot. I hope the team members are fine now. 

(the only problem about the delay is that I'm dying out of curiosity to know what are the changes coming from DST to DS :?)

Edit: one question only. Are there gonna be some small bug patches until Jan 9th? The Aporkalypse Calendar not moving is a big problem. :\

• Developer

Thanks for your well wishes, everyone is fine. It was just the usual cold wet weather bugs that circulate during this time of the year. Nothing a little tea and killer nanites couldn't fix. 

Just now, SpoonyBardIV said:

Would you mind trying to fix the Aporkalypse Calendar bug where it gets stuck in one position before the QOL update? Because I don't want to wait that long for a fix...

It's one of the bugs getting fixed in the update that will come out soon.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Thanks for your well wishes, everyone is fine. It was just the usual cold wet weather bugs that circulate during this time of the year. Nothing a little tea and killer nanites couldn't fix. 

It's one of the bugs getting fixed in the update that will come out soon.

Will the infinite light from lanterns on the ground inside a cave/temple be fixed in this one, or is it a lower priority bug? 

Edit:  Merry Christmas everyone

Here in France, I would be on holiday December 22, I was looking forward to learn more about QOL during the holidays, I was eager, even if I'm a little disappointed, I should not think that myself . You are also humans who need rest, and most of all to look after you when you are sick, good recovery and happy holidays to you :D

Your game keeps me up every day morale, without this game, I would not smile every day, it's been 4 months that I know this game and team Klei, thank you a thousand times ^ - ^

20181218_214422.jpg.f9ae4aa143585b88adcae33d4aa7e5a4.jpg

12 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

My doctor says to drink 3 cups of warm sugar water.. cures all illnesses.

You'll know its working if you experience the following symptoms:

1) Blurred vision

2) Constant thirst and hunger

Therapeutic diabetes FTW

3 minutes ago, Raeku said:

Therapeutic diabetes FTW

I told that joke to a friends wife when she answered the phone and said she was sick.. she actually started to pour herself a cup of sugar water before my friend noticed who she was talking to, took the phone away, and yelled at me for taking advantage of his wifes trusting nature :D

34 minutes ago, zintii said:

What will be added in the "QOL" update? Any leads?

It seems really unlikely that you’re going to get anymore hints from the devs. What’s in it for them? They don’t want to suggest that they’ll give us anything they may not be able to deliver in the end.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Hi everyone, we have the QOL update scheduled to be released on Thursday (Dec 20th) but unfortunately it will not be ready by then. We had a few team members down with seasonal illness this cycle and a couple of the features were not as easy to port from DST as we expected. So, allowing for time to test before we push the button, and the time the office will be closed for the holiday, the QOL update is being pushed back until the new year. Jan 9th or 10th seems like the likely date it will come out.

We thank everyone for their patience, and hope you have a great festive season. There will still be an update with some bug fixes coming soon. 

I love how transparent and attentive you are with us! Thank you so much and I hope you all get well soon. 

Archived