what new content would you like to see?

Maybe more crafting thing for Science?? Like i was actually thinking of Painting table. Like if they going to add more skins like for Krampus sack, or like tomesticated beefalo, like these items that bosses or mini bosses drop, like tamo and that if you got skin for it you go stand close to the painting station and its crafting list pops down side like anyother like statue maker, the cave search pyramid gives on left down side, and it would pop out only then if you have skin of the item you have right now hold, you can redecorate it, and uf you go on beefalo or you have like beefalo skin you go close the painting station and decorate beefalo into something cool like magmaskin where hes like flaming fur, or halloween costume, where beefalo has like fluffy koala nose and big ears sticked on his face, victorian beefalo like he has that big one glasses on like wilson and that long smoking pipe on mouth that has like bubbles effect comming from it. xD like so many cool ideas.

On 06/12/2018 at 1:49 PM, x0VERSUS1y said:

Oh, there's a lot.

Just a quick enumeration: revamp of WorldGen, possibility to use (from World specs) advanced and more complex settings like Cave-Only

Its funny, because I got a bug like this on my Playstation edition of DST.

When I went up the staircase, I was still in the caves

---------------------

More nightmare creatures?

And not nightmare creatures that are just Hit, Wait, Dodge, Hit

Harder ones

...more official promotion of mods would be nice; in-game, where normal players will see it.

For a long time the answer to wanting more content has been 'mods tho', but an issue for me on that front is lack of interest in mods by the average public server userbase. Many don't look at modded servers at all.
It results in something that Klei expressed concerns about regarding DLC, and making modes like the Forge temporary; the userbase being split into groups based around different games within the game, making it harder to readily get into a game with other people playing the specific version that you are...which is kind of an issue in a multiplayer game.
More of an issue due to griefing existing in any and every game that has multiplayer; some optional, off-by-default countermeasure settings would reduce some of the community splitting, since any long-term public world has to have either security mods or constantly active staff to hold together. Examples a-plenty of those types of mods on the workshop.

Anyway. Just making a point again that actually working on the base game rather than trying to come up with shiny new in-your-face features for every update would be worthwhile. Character mechanics are just one of many aspects of the game that need some attention.

• Add the Ability to use Feather Pencil on Bundling Wrap or Presents & write anything on them to make it easier to hold them apart from each other or to allow players to investigate them (auto-write should be only possible if you write right after bundling them, displaying every item inside)
  • Remove the Enduring Backpack Feature (Skins are supposed to hold players/things apart from each other) & add the Enduring Backpack as a skin for each player who owns any Survivor Character Skin (This skin isn't good enough to be dropped even as the lowest tier of skins but it's still a nice survivors skin)

6 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Add the Ability to use Feather Pencil

I'd love to see the pencil, cartography desk, and art related tools more attention too.

Adding to the thread,more pet relations. Maybe dog and cat toys for pets? Making pets attack toys and other things?

15 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'd love to see the pencil, cartography desk, and art related tools more attention too.

• Add the ability to use pencil on Cartography Desk, on usage you'll save your map on desk which allows other players to craft Map Scrolls and to learn more about the current map by their own. Inspecting the desk should tell you if you can add something of your map to the desk or if you can learn something of the desk by crafting a Map Scroll. That way scouts might get an easier job because they won't need to craft about 10 Map Scrolls to teach everybody how the map is looking like.

Sailing and water exploration, not exactly the good ol suggestion of "dst shipwrecked when" but more of implementing just the sailing mechanics, dst specific sea mobs and monsters.

Also interesing things to do in remote islands besides just basing: perhaps finding mumsy and billy, and be able to trade with them, or finding more evolved armed pigs, enclosed in a walled camp, that you can trade stuff with (not going as deep as hamlet, more like better armed current pigs) or just plan and invade with strategic planning and overcome their leader (they should be really hard to defeat, specially alone, they could have different roles in battle such as melee attackers with spears, ranged dart users, and shamans that heal their partners and ice staff you)

Also in a world where the seas are a thing, we'd need pirate merms attacks. With eyepatches n such. I can see their tiny boats unloading a lot of merms and raiding beaches, or trying to gun down your boat at the sea.

On 12/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, Raspberry Milk said:

Away with those ghosts! This current death system is to easy, we need some stakes in here people!

Yes, I know wilderness exists, but it isn't used very often

I'd like to see Wilderness mode work with life giving amulet, and meat effigy similar to DS.  If you're wearing the amulet, or are connected to the effigy you auto-rez with them.  If not then you're pushed back to char-gen.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:16 AM, PanAzej said:

Hmm, what would I like to see?

There's several things. I'd love to see something like a gamemode where time would be going slightly faster - 8 minutes per day and needlessly long animations for picking grass/twigs are just time-wasters, really. Some bosses also have way too much HP and fights last too long, taking even above 15 minutes.

That's why I loved events so much - I could finish the ENTIRE GAME in 20 minutes. I know, I know, survival is a different thing. But still, if starting a new game wouldn't mean "well, I have to dedicate now X hours of my time, which I don't have" I would play much more.

Basically, making the DST experience more compact would be great in my eyes.

A speed mod could be nice, letting you set the world clock up to double speed.  Remove all duplicate / unused biomes so each place you enter has a purpose.  Rather than these worthless biomes add more setpieces that can give the same novelty / variety without taking up the real estate.  I go through a lot of maps playing the first week or so just to see if I even like the configuration and then dump it when the only 3 or so biomes that matter are strung apart by every worthless biome.

-----------------------------------

I play DST alone a lot, so I'd like any new content to be accessible for solo players.  Fortunately certain exploits have allowed solo players to take on all of the content, but it'd be nice if they triggered based on the number of players in the game / near the boss.  Like if Bee Queen spawned with less health if you were solo in the world, or if she pumped out a number of bees based on the players in the vicinity.  Then patch the exploit.  With the game as is the exploits are kinda needed.

I'd also like to see seasonal items made a bit more accessible if you join a world in progress.  Possibly even adding the basic winter / summer gear to the inventory of new players if they join during the season.  I might play with other people more often if I didn't feel the need to avoid servers that are passed early autumn.

Removing summer random fires - these just push me into the caves for summer.  Granted we've got to do the caves at some point, but I wouldn't mind feeling a bit more at ease staying top side during summer.  We have the hound attacks, with fire hounds and the AntLion.  I think the random smolder is a bit over kill.

Similarly I think the disease needs to be re-worked.  Back in the day when you could transplant certain turfs to create disease free areas the system was interesting.  They made it so that disease could be avoided completely if you transplanted the right turfs for the plants.  Then they changed it.  Now disease disincentivizes bringing these resources to your base.  Its nice that you can sorta switch from grass plants to grass geckos, but the transition is a bit wonky...  They could leave disease in but make it more controlled decision to transition from grass to grass geckos, and saplings to twiggy trees (maybe berry bushes to juicy berry bushes, and make juicy berry bushes disease immune).  Either way giving some end-game for moving these plants to your base would be nice.  I never relocate plants to my base now, which basically walls off that entire section of the game (similar to summer smolder walling off summer adventures top side.)  I just go to the d-fly desert and chase tumbleweeds when I need grass / twigs.

Some SW content would be pretty cool.  Coffee.  Let us dig sand in the desert and give us new craftables with it.  Coffee.  Ice maker.  Coffee!

Also get rid of crafting redundancies, or create uses for them.  When we build an alchemy engine we need to craft stone into cut stone, which serves as a gatekeeper requiring a science machine, but then we also need to take 2 cut stone with 4 gold to make 2 electrical doodads... for what?  The recipe is already gated by the science machine.  These are redundant.  Remove them or give them a purpose of their own.  Same with Honeycomb which gets refined to bees wax, then wax paper, THEN a bundling wrap...  Even though neither of the steps between serve any purpose besides leading to the bundling wrap.  Maybe let bees wax be able to be used on any worn item to give it temporary water resistance, or let a single item be wrapped in a wax paper to slow its spoilage.  Basically cut down on the extra steps that serve no purpose.

To add to the idea of using a feather pencil on the cartographers desk - it would be amazing if doing so would open the world map and you could add a "pin" to the world map with a label. Oh my god wormholes and cave exits would finally be a non-issue for me when returning to games I haven't played in a while. I mean, I mark them with signs but it would be so much nicer to be able to see where they all go at a glance from the world map.

11 hours ago, Mr. Matt said:

actual loot for killing enraged klaus

I think the point of enraged Klaus is to deter players from killing or moving the No-Eyed Deer, they're part of his fighting mechanic and to move them kinda really chances the pace and uniqueness of the boss fight. So then you have to deal with a super buffed nuisance of a Klaus. You shouldn't be rewarded for not wanting to play the boss fight right. Maybe like a charcoal or two if you REALLY want something.

2 hours ago, Duxe said:

To add to the idea of using a feather pencil on the cartographers desk - it would be amazing if doing so would open the world map and you could add a "pin" to the world map with a label. Oh my god wormholes and cave exits would finally be a non-issue for me when returning to games I haven't played in a while. I mean, I mark them with signs but it would be so much nicer to be able to see where they all go at a glance from the world map.

Gem Moonlens.

Since every gem has at least one use apart from the staff and amulet except the green gem (and the opal but I'm sure they have something in mind for that), I would love to see something. Maybe since green gems represent work they could be used in an auto-harvester using a fleshy bulb and its eyeplants to recollect twigs, grass, etc but without digesting them. Maybe my idea enters into orange gem space (laziness) but I don't know, I simply would like to see something special.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:25 PM, ToastyStoat said:

• Character-Specific Inventory Slots:

Some characters need to carry several character-specific items to be fully utilized, You can often find wendy mains carrying 3-6 Abigail's Flowers in their inventories, This can be bothersome at times, so I propose that some characters get a reasonable amount of "item-specific" slots for these types of items.

Chef Boyardee

Spoiler

Warly rework

Archived