Cap Stingers, like Wes Balloons

As the title says.
Stingers on the ground need to be capped, and despawn after reaching that cap. 100 would be a good fine. There are very few uses for Stingers.

Recently, I've come up with a certain food-gathering strategy with Wendy that involves dragging Abigail through the Killer Bee Field. It results in easy stacks of Honey, which pairs well when a base is located between the Killer Bee Field and the Spider Fortress or Spider Forest; which spawn near eachother fairly often.
The issue is that 3 relatively short trips left well over 1000 Stingers on the ground; this barely getting through one season when its the main source of food.

I and others across the world then noticed the fairly reliable server begin to lag.

...this is a very reliable food strategy for feeding the ever-hungry mouths of Public Servers (like the Klei Official Servers), and honestly it's pretty fun manipulating the various AI hordes and satisfying as a Wendy-lover, so I'll likely be continuing to use this regularly.
I really suggest a cap on Stingers on the ground.

Yea, I quickly lose count of how many there are. One time I thought about picking them all up and stacking them to feed to an Eyeplant later, at least; I stopped when I got to about 500 and noticed that the biome was still absolutely littered with them. That tiny section would go through more than 2 Lazy Foragers if I was doing this the sane way...and would still be unbearably slow. And the world hadn't even been around for that long.

Server item tracking lag aside, rendering that many objects also lags lower end clients, ie random players. Been in that scenario on lesser laptops.

I'd really like it if the next DST-Update would implement anything (throwable Spiky Ball, Spiky Armor, cheap oneway Spiky Trap, Spiky Whip, Spike Gun, Spiky Walls, 15 seconds fuel value, burning them into ashes, squeezing the honey out of the stingers -> 10-20 Stingers into 1 honey, etc.) to make a (with abigail) way too easy farmable item without any uses finally useful.

Archived