what new content would you like to see?

Hello,

i've read on steam that the devs will add more permanent content for DST and what would you like to see?

f.e. i hope there will be a new biome or a new character.

also small things like a beager carpet (because in the late game you end up with soo much loot of beager) or statues made of gems that are really shiny. 

Oh, there's a lot.

Just a quick enumeration: revamp of WorldGen, possibility to use (from World specs) advanced and more complex settings like Cave-Only and the like (already those are designed it seems, will elaborate later on), separation of game-play in 2 difficulty-oriented segments - world as of now (so it won't overwhelm newbies), and a harder setup after killing Ancient Fuelweaver for first time; also when said advanced and harder setting kicks in post FW kill, new stuff comes into play, like "Them" and their heralds/gatekeepers resurfacing, "Moon" as entity (and maybe enemy of "Them") also comes at play; Charlie's plan unfolds, new type of shadow-monsters appear; all mobs get AI amp-up to maintain a certain late-game survival difficulty. More biomes, and/or present biomes get new elements, flora and fauna. Attacks of dogs and worms become more hectic/random. New types of bosses (in caves as well) that require special combat teams - think Swineclops type-fight from Forge 2.0. New fighting and farming mechanics akin to Forge and Gorge. And last but not least character re-balance in vain of "Strange New Powers 2.0".

There are more as game even in this stage, when talking fine-tuning, still feels a bit not-finished (think at WorldRe/growth and its blunders, like when setting trees to "less/few" and they actually start popping en-mass all over the place; ah and another thing: some special-biome plants like reeds or cacti, when on "more" they should be more in their respective biomes, not all over the map - this as a small tweak in Growth mechanic).

New structures and more tweaking on existing items for efficiency and specialized, consistent uses.

Also a more lore-conscious setup, more consistent lore in general so we can have a resemblance of story-telling akin adventure-mode, "but with friends".

And maybe possibility to customize loot/boss items like Tam 'o, Krampus sack or Deerbrella (via perhaps "dyeing" at Wardrobe using new special-dropping skins) - would be wonderful!

Just a quick and pretty chaotic enumeration of things I for one would love to see implemented in future updates, A New Reign 2.0 style plus quality-of-life ones.

General character reworking, but for the love of Them do something for Shadow Duelists.
Patching of weird glove/boot skin overlap behavior, separation of individual parts of 'full' skins like Willow's Dragonfly Fire Fists for more customizability.
A vanilla in-game gesture choosing interface.
More mobility/movement variety for old mobs; maybe an update to the Ancient Guardian AI so it feels like a boss rather than a really tanky rhino, and a re-spawning capability for just the Guardian that doesn't involve killing Darkness Von MurderKill (Rezecib's Rebalance has a good example of this).

I agree with most of the above comments but especially the Worldgen reworking; hell, with everything in the game now and some of the Gorge stuff, you could make a world that feels like it flows really logically. The salt ponds would be a great addition to rocky areas to make them feel less featureless and give them some purpose the biome is cleared; also offers a tie-in for a cooking/preservation rework. You could even combine combine the functions of the current Rockyland and Moasic biomes, having Moonrocks generate more rarely from Meteors but also having Meteor Fields cover a wider area.
My thoughts on the Worldgen and Gameplay Flow subjects go a heck of a lot deeper, I'm just throwing out the basic idea. This is already getting wall of texty.

Fleshing out of old unfinished-feeling mechanics like cooking, crafting, farming, combat, magic...
Crafting specifically, we should be able to use logical substitutions for similar crafting ingredients. Like using Reeds in place of Grass for Campfires, but Grass not being suitable for Darts; Bone Shards being interchangeable with Hounds Teeth in most cases if not all cases; ect. It would allow players more paths to choose from in gameplay.

Billy. Anything having to do with Billy. Billy a cute.

that'd be a good start

- nerf wes

- more decoration items

- better tools I want a sword that is better than a dark sword and tools that mine and chop faster 

- strange new powers 2.0

- coffee please I have an addiction 

also world resets/world hopping I don't like restarting 100 times for a world I like 

Would be neat if there were some literally world-shattering encounter with Charlie or something at the end of all of this that'd allow us to escape into a new one. Or something else that gives servers a lore-friendly, in-game way of resetting and allowing players to bring items with them and keep progress like WX's number of eaten gears.

...on that note, our characters can somewhat control the 'spawn portal' again. It's possible that the new Moon Portal could lead somewhere.

4 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Would be neat if there were some literally world-shattering encounter with Charlie or something at the end of all of this that'd allow us to escape into a new one. Or something else that gives servers a lore-friendly, in-game way of resetting and allowing players to bring items with them and keep progress like WX's number of eaten gears.

...on that note, our characters can somewhat control the 'spawn portal' again. It's possible that the new Moon Portal could lead somewhere.

Nice idea. Barbarian pigs that start building a settlement somewhere in the world. Eventually they will form a raiding party and come after your base, so you better send somebody to scout the map every now and then in order to destroy their camp before they become too strong. (More fun than the rot mechanic?)

well, for content idk but i'd like:

-a skin for weapons/tools that have no skin. pickaxe skin when.

-to see an event that's basically like dead by daylight/evolve, survivors, with gimmicks, vs some big bad things or charlie, cpu or player controlled, and we gotta escape or defeat it or something lol. i can see it being more like dead by daylight, and i think it'd be great with the style of dont starve, lol.

-,as a wendy main, more control over abigail! STOP ATTACKING THAT TENTACLE!

-buff the beekeeper hat. just make it so bee stings do 0 damage and no hit stun. cus, it should. or add in a beekeeper suit. if the bee queen shouldn't do 0 damage make it so it only affects the yellow and red bees, maybe those other ones the queen spawns i guess.

-something else...

Honestly, I want a hole new world. I hope there is another point to the ancient gateway than hopping to the Forge and the Gorge. 

If we cant have a new world, I at least want some new biomes. I cant take this depressing dark forest anymore. We need some more colourful trees, bushes and turfs. 

More late game structures that arent as much of a chore as their early game counterparts. Like real permanent lamp posts like in Hamlet. The Mush lights are a joke really, given how much of a pain it is to even kill Toadstool, these lamps are so underwhelming. More items, weapons, clothing to craft. Generally I would love the Housing/Shop/Trade system from Hamlet. 

Cooking and Fighting overhaul as in Gorge & Forge. 

Long term content/goals , some ideas from TtA (mainly the alternative seasons) ,some games and camp items (gramophone for in camp music,maybe a football ball if they can) , more basic features to the game like - wind,floods,lava,houseing (for example from the other DS games, just more features and mechanics).

Before I forget also rework on some old content like - Characters to be more ... DSTish (a bit more on player-player interactions) , New non-optional bosses. Add roof from SW (but for more ppl), update cooking use the gorge - the ice/meatballs exploit is really annoying me and my friends made a rule when we paly "no ice for cooking" because of it , more healing items/weapons so there can be a healer/medic in the team (think TF2 medic) .

And most than all I want a new special multiplayer biome !!! (I will bring TtA again) Like the idea of Ewecus it can only be defeated by 2 players ,you can't beat it solo. I want a biome (or biomes) that you must explore as a team, where if you go alone you are dead 100 %.

Some dream features - clans/guilds for multipalyer , clan vs clan , base vs base/camp vs camp in 1 big world with a bridge between them , team deathmatch for multiplayer , world vs world PVP (with a portal that spawns you at random location in the enemy world) , some type of buildings multiplayer camps and stuff to do in them with the other players , late game invasion (something that changes the world for example after 200 days : ???? enemys and resources start to spawn in the world. That are harder to beat and you need to survive/outlast the invasion or stop it in some way .

More multiplayer SPECIAl content. That's the main thing the game lacks at the moment .

Small rant feel free to skip.

Spoiler

I really loved the idea of TtA specially when I saw the ewecus (it has a root, the idea of adding CCs to DST is great). But from then on the game turned into a more player-friendly version of DS . Not a "Uncompromising surivval game" that I loved and that has been my main issue with DST.

23 minutes ago, BOT Tuja said:

I want more things, that I can explore. Kind of like in the Adventure Mode, but smaller, shorter, and the reward would be a blueprint for something cool. Also, A Stranger New Powers Update would be great to have.

I agree with this: exploration. That's what made DST so appealing in the beginning. You had to assume EVERYTHING would kill you, because usually it did. That feeling of having to understand the world before you could tame it was great. Any content is good, but I think this would just be the best.

44 minutes ago, BOT Tuja said:

I want more things, that I can explore. Kind of like in the Adventure Mode, but smaller, shorter, and the reward would be a blueprint for something cool. Also, A Stranger New Powers Update would be great to have.

we had the 1st round of dst adventure mode like a week( i think) ago.

Archived