How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

6 hours ago, LCOV said:

It's not over yet. Maxwell and Wilson are hungry.Kebab.png

This is why I hate sleeping, I should really take some lessons from @Asparagus O__O

Nice work guys, OP is updated though I'm having trouble uploading stuff at the moment so I will upload the comic page after work.

Ok, so a short resume: (So I understand how we got this far)

There were words hidden in the panels: book, ode, line
By googling these words we got to Horatian Ode
There were numbers hidden in the ASCII art that you can find by viewing the page source of the comic.
The numbers were different (?) for everyone, but those who came back were 4, 7, 16
So combine that with the Horatian Ode we found:
Book 4, Ode 7, Line 16 
pulvis et umbra sumus

Can anyone confirm this is how it went?

BTW: For me the ascii art is showing number 39. What's up with that?!
Found this out:
The 39 is actually &#39, which is ASCII for &.

Then someone found out the last panel by making kebabs by clicking the ingredients:

kebob.thumb.png.d52fc1c97176d859224bb786

20 minutes ago, VRocker said:

Ok, so a short resume:

There were words hidden in the panels: book, ode, line
There were numbers hidden in the ascii art that you can find by viewing the page source of the comic.
The numbers were different (?) for everyone, but those who came back were 4, 7, 16
Somehow we got to this thing called "Horatio"
Book 4, Ode 7, Line 16 
pulvis et umbra sumus

Can anyone confirm this is how it went?

BTW: For me the ascii art is showing number 39. What's up with that?!

the ASCII art wasn't meant to be found via the source because if you hit CTRL+A it'd highlight it on the bottom of the page! (the text was the same color as the black background)

the hidden words "book", "ode", and "line" were all hidden separately for different people! for instance: if you had 4 in your Maxwell ASCII then you'd be able to find the word "book" hidden the comic! and so on for 7 finding Ode and 16 finding Line (not sure what's up with the 39 maxwells)

due to the fact that each person had different numbers and different hidden words we had to work together to solve the puzzle!

So someone took the numbers and words and found a line in the book "Q. Horatius Flaccus (Horace)" that says "Pulvis et umbra sumus" which translates to "We are but dust and shadow" they entered said line and it solved that part of the puzzle!

Then people just sort of clicked around until they found out they could make a kabob :p 

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Wait aren't they canadian? Have I been mis-racing them for this long? (yes I just made up a term)

I do believe they're Canadian, (otherwise this puzzle wouldn't update on 1am for me) and the name thing might just be coincidental.

Or not... who knows...

I have just realized something.

If Wilson hadn't eat his Carrot cooked and instead used it in the Crockpot with the berries and the rabbit meat he could have made Meatballs (3 Health, 62.5 Hunger, 5 Sanity) instead of Kabobs (3 Health, 37.5 Hunger, 5 Sanity), the total stats difference restored would have been -3 Health, 12.5 Hunger.

2 hours ago, Fidooop said:

the hidden words "book", "ode", and "line" were all hidden separately for different people! for instance: if you had 4 in your Maxwell ASCII then you'd be able to find the word "book" hidden the comic! and so on for 7 finding Ode and 16 finding Line (not sure what's up with the 39 maxwells)

due to the fact that each person had different numbers and different hidden words we had to work together to solve the puzzle!

I think it was either a number or a word since some people who found words have said earlier that they don't see any numbers and I had 16 and I didnt have any words in my picture. Or maybe I'm wrong, but it was such a mess that I got lost in the posts.

Also I was just about to post that the script in the source was updated to use the third page as well when someone from my family got up and I had to leave since it was almost 3am >:o So I went to sleep thinking it's the end of the puzzle for today anyway, and then you found out another thing

Good job everyone \(ovo)/

2 minutes ago, Selenne said:

I think it was either a number or a word since some people who found words have said earlier that they don't see any numbers and I had 16 and I didnt have any words in my picture. Or maybe I'm wrong, but it was such a mess that I got lost in the posts.

Also I was just about to post that the script in the source was updated to use the third page as well when someone from my family got up and I had to leave since it was almost 3am >:o So I went to sleep thinking it's the end of the puzzle for today anyway, and then you found out another thing

Good job everyone \(ovo)/

ye it seems 16 had no word, while no number had "ode"

Hey I just found something (not really puzzle related but lore (I think)) . Maxwell speech for twiggy tree - GENERIC = "The tree of an amateur." 

Amateur in like new to the throne ?! An amateur creator ?! 

EDIT : Or this DISEASED = "What has brought this blight upon my world? . There is totally someone new on the throne and all the content we get from here on are the creation of that someone ! (I have a feeling they will bring in new characters , not only playable ones but story too . Like the trade inn guy . )

• Developer
1 minute ago, 1v0 said:

Hey I just found something (not really puzzle related but lore (I think)) . Maxwell speech for twiggy tree - GENERIC = "The tree of an amateur." 

Well I have to agree with Maxwell. Twiggy trees suck!

1 minute ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Okay guys, I don't have the devotion to go through all the fifty new pages of comics to find out what code to enter this time. Can a kind soul please let me know what it is this time?

WebberxWendy otp

Check the OP, I keep it updated for a reason.

1 minute ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Okay guys, I don't have the devotion to go through all the fifty new pages of comics to find out what code to enter this time. Can a kind soul please let me know what it is this time?

WebberxWendy otp

I would be kind. UNTIL YOU SAID THAT SHIP GRRRR

1 hour ago, 1v0 said:

OOOO My tingly lore bits are tingling

Archived