Known Issues

ImDaMisterL
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

How to get your Oxygen Not Included save file:

Spoiler

There are situations where we may ask you for a copy of your save file. You will be able to find your save file in the documents folder at \Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files

How to get your Oxygen Not Included output_log.txt:

Spoiler

In order to find your game's output_log.txt file: Right click on Oxygen Not Included on your game library > Properties > Local Files Click on Browse Local Files The file will be located in SteamApps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\output_log.txt

How to get your DxDiag:

Spoiler

- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
- On the Run window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
- A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
- Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your forum post or support ticket.

If you find a bug tagged as a Known Issue that isn't found here, please PM me about it or post it below in the comments. Thanks!

Important/Pinned Reports:

Known Issues:

Steps to Reproduce
Devs/Mods, feel free to edit this to add/remove bugs as you see necessary.
  • Like 5

User Feedback

My mealwood plants are not blooming unless I hover over them for a second.  The moment I do, they are ready to harvest.  It means I have to watch their growth very diligently to make sure I'm not missing when they hit 100%

Share this comment

i didn't see this listed here but there is a bug where it will show pipes/wires built but they are not. 

another is that you will cancel a path of wires or pipes and it will still show the visual schematic but you have to reload your game in order to get rid of it. if i cancel it and repath the wire, they will build it. as far as i know it is just a visual bug. i will see if i can find a clip of it from stream. 

Share this comment

I made a game in the oil branch, and then switched to the automation branch and opened that save.  Now my hydroponic farms visually appear 1 tile lower than they are.  In the picture, it's kinda hard to tell, but my pipes are 1 tile above the farms because the pipes are where the farms actually are.  It all still seems to be working, so I think it's just a visual bug of some sorts.

also unrelated, but in the oil branch there are some major memory leaks I'm sure you're aware of.  Often while playing, the game creeps up to about 5 or 6GB of ram and the fps starts to crawl and reopening the game reduces the ram usage to about half that and the fps picks back up a bit.

Untitled.jpg

Share this comment

I also noticed in oil branch (still in automation branch too) that when in an exosuit and using the oil refinery, the dupes exosuit helmet visually alternates between the correct position and below their head.  Max in this picture is showcasing the phenomenon.

Untitled2.jpg

Share this comment

For me, the new update seems to have removed Polluted Dirt from the storage compactors. There's polluted dirt marked for sweeping but none of the storage compactors have it in their options, so it just sits there.

Plumbing continues to be wonky... going by what I've found on the forums, this is a known issue. But it's happened for me several times now that I'll have a setup with a liquid pump and 2-3 lavatories working fine. I add a shower and the entire system stops working because: "not pumping." Annoying, but I know the liquid pump is temperamental about how much it will pump and where things are placed. So I remove the shower and the shower's associated pipes. But one or more of the lavatories seems to be permanently broken and "not pumping" even though the system is back to exactly the same configuration that was working before.

New features are exciting, but it would be really nice if something as basic as plumbing was, at least, more communicative about what's causing problems. As it stands, "pipe blocked" and "not pumping" messages can only be solved by trial and error-- and every error results in water and polluted water spilling all over the base. Very frustrating. Nothing has made me quit / abandon bases more often than the plumbing.

Still having fun though, so thanks for a great game.

Share this comment

Hi Team,

I have a current save file that keeps crashing every 1 to 10 minutes from loading the file. I was wondering if you could find out what the problem is, I have reporting the crash in-game but wanted to provide the save game file and output_log as it looks quite interesting.

I have in to the game around 450+ cycles and would love to be able to play this save again.

Reproduce:

I do not have an explicit instructions to reproduce this particular error, it seems to happen at any time around 1-10 minutes from loading the save file. Please let me know if you require any more information.

The Regrettable Spacerock.sav

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Share this comment

Hi Team, 

• I started a new game after automation upgrade and spent a few hours making copper metals in the rock granulator and after making a good stock pile I deconstructed the granulator to save space, saved completely, exited to menu and closed game. I came back a few hours later to play and all of my copper was gone and its obvious the save took effect.
  • I've also noticed sometimes when building wires inside tiles that i've previously retiled (were normal and then tiled over with insulated and then built wires in) the tile will be deconstructed randomly without the process of the dupes deconstructing them. (Dupes complete wire and tile just disappears and drops resource)
  • Dupes have also been taking 4 or 5 showers back to back in different showers around the base. All showers have enough water being supplied to them and ample oxygen in the rooms.
Edited by AaronWohlers

Share this comment

Hullo,

This is my first world and I don't know how to fix this. My dupe will constantly vacuum meal lice from his left side, turn to vacuum from the right side, and cycle back to the left side. He's stuck in an endless loop of just vacuuming up meal lice, but it doesn't add towards my total. I've tried manual moving him out but he doesn't follow, just stays there alternately vacuuming non-existing meal lice. 

image.thumb.png.e6d8cb4f48e7674e6ca88e5b4e9d0393.png

Share this comment

Why does not gas flow through the pipe (oxygen?)

In short: gas is produced from the oxygen production shop through the pipe. Further, when the pipe branches, oxygen begins to flow only along one of the pipes, and into the other it enters and immediately leaves back into the tube, as if jerking (as on the gif). Although it should flow into both forks. The pipe is empty, there are gas outlets, the pressure on them is not great. If you block the branch through which the gas flows, then the gas will still not flow to the second branch, and the pumps will stop pumping because of the "pipe blocked." the problem is eliminated if you re-do all the ventilation, but returns again if you add a new section of the pipe, or remove the old one. Version of the game 243285, Russian translation. Мy laptop has 8 GB of RAM

2.gif

Клонированная Ферма.sav

Share this comment

I just bought a game, and at first choosing the duplicants if I press escape it will show me the starting of the game, and cant make it back to the dupe selecting screen, as the screenshot shows.

20180102192036_1.jpg

Share this comment

Most plants outside the original biome do not grow in their own natural environment. XD Mushrooms spawn in the polluted oxygen of the slime biome and then never grow at all because they need carbon dioxide, for example. My fix would be to make the mushrooms require polluted oxygen instead. You could also have the polluted oxygen spread some kind of slime fungus on the machines and walls. That would be pretty cool.

Share this comment

Just booted up the game for the first time, and I hit the escape key during the character selection screen- it brought me to the map, but I wasn't able to interact with anything and there were no characters. Just tried again (and did not hit the escape key on that screen) and all was well.

Share this comment

Running into an interesting issue where trying to sweep food cooked by the electric grill (pepper bread and berry sludge specifically) bugs out. Dupes sweep exactly 3814 mcg every time they pick it up, effectively putting them into a never-ending loop of sweeping.

Share this comment

On 30/10/2017 at 7:46 PM, Furiosa said:

i didn't see this listed here but there is a bug where it will show pipes/wires built but they are not. 

another is that you will cancel a path of wires or pipes and it will still show the visual schematic but you have to reload your game in order to get rid of it. if i cancel it and repath the wire, they will build it. as far as i know it is just a visual bug. i will see if i can find a clip of it from stream. 

I was searching if anyone else encountered it. Wires and pipes that were canceled but seem (only visually) as assigned to build. It's not happening every time and I cannot find how to trackback to it. I don't know if a save file will help because loading the saved game erases any "ghost" pipes/wires. I attached some screenshots if that helps. Number 10, after loading the save file.

liquid pipes1.JPG

liquid pipes3.JPG

liquid pipes4.JPG

liquid pipes6.JPG

liquid pipes7.JPG

liquid pipes8.JPG

liquid pipes9.JPG

liquid pipes10.JPG

Share this comment

Save Files no longer save on separate files after 10 where it starts to overwrite the save file.

Share this comment

1. After upgrade puffs are attracted by lure without bait. 

2. Problems whit enable and disable of suit check point, and dupe gate. Even is sub priority 9, no dupe will enable back.

3. Lure will add bait only if you sweep it.

Edited by tzionut

Share this comment

new dups are unable to join research assistant, but are able to  join any other.

this has happened 4 times in a row. reloading from a save does not resolve.

image.thumb.png.b2e8ab2ace2add1dab201f2f1ef9d83c.png 

image.thumb.png.61b7240628719da6cdf943f1d331d5c0.png

edit: started a new game. Still happeneing. no dupes past the first ones can become research assistants.

image.thumb.png.3efed35bb46612998bc5a55f853ce822.png

The Galactic Spacestation Cycle 24.sav

Edited by Rukiftw
more info

Share this comment

Rukiftw

not sure its the same thing as mine but if you have changed the priorities of the dupes to not be able to research, they are not eligible to start the research job until you changed the priority. For some reason sometimes i can and sometimes i cant

Share this comment

with the mark II patch, shine bugs now 'pop' and die randomly when left in the wild. sometimes they are all dead by cycle 5, sometimes a random ammount are alive at cycle 10. It occurs in every map i've tried.

Edited by Rukiftw

Share this comment