Gas Permeable Tiles let water through and become unusable

Mumbles
  • Known Issue

If a flood or a "mess" happen, the water goes right through the tiles, blocking the flow of gas. The only way to fix this atm is to deconstruct them, mop the area/wait till some sand falls down and then build 'em again, which is pretty time & resource consuming.

Oh, and removing all the sand on top of the tiles in this screenshot didn't affect anything. Tiles were unusable before they got blocked by sand.

tilesandgasproblem.png

Steps to Reproduce
1. Build a few Gas Permeable Tiles 2. Flood 'em 3. Hope for the glitch

User Feedback

Did you play with the cell painter debug option? I noticed that it seems to remove the part of the data connected to tiles that is used by the fluid/gas simulation (making them permeable as if they're non-existant) - the visual effect is that the tile is a bit lighter, as the one from where your water is flowing.

Share this comment

I hope the developer response meant "we do not have a fix ready yet", as opposed to the second part, "we are not planning on addressing the issue in the immediate future". Mesh tile: Allows gas but not water to pass through. Totally not working on the water part. Just tried it myself and water goes right through.

Share this comment

The tile in my pic is highlighted because I have it selected with my mouse (notice the tool popup of the selected tile). No debug options were used. 

Share this comment

Capture.JPG

Oh yeah, I noticed this problem. I was gonna report it, but it looks like I'm not the only one with this issue...

Share this comment

Had the same issue once, I happened while the air tiles were not in the screen (and in the wall of a water container. Looking at it seemed to resolve the problem.

Share this comment