Raw mineral quality is not a bonus but a multiplicationy

Breizhbugs
  • Known Issue

Raw mineral bonus (granite 0.2; sandstone:0.1) is not a "bonus" for the decor value but a multiplication of the base decor value . Can see this for theouthouse where base value is -20 and a built granite outhouse is at -24.

Steps to Reproduce
built a granite outhouse, check the value given by the decor overlay!

User Feedback

(Dont see how to edit original post)

Current formula is something like : building decor value = base value + raw material quality * base value

where it should instead be: building decor value = base value + absolute value (raw material quality * base value)

Edited by Breizhbugs

Share this comment

I don't see a problem with this. Maybe to make it clearer, it should say something like "+0.20 of base value" instead of just "+0.20".

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Aru3 said:

I don't see a problem with this. Maybe to make it clearer, it should say something like "+0.20 of base value" instead of just "+0.20".

Its simple: for building with a negative base value (like outhouse) using higher quality raw mineral gives a malus instead of a bonus! so with granite the outhouse has a decor value of -24 instead of -16 (outhouse base value = 20)!

Share this comment

Ooh, I see what you're saying, for some reason I thought you were commenting on the fact that it's multiplicative instead of additive. (I would prefer they make this fact clearer, by adding words "of base value" or something. But I appreciate that they didn't make it a percentage, it always bugs me when games do that... not every coefficient less than 1 has to be displayed as "percent", after all.) I agree it should be changed as you say, so that better materials don't make negative decor worse. At worst, material quality should make no difference for negative decor items, and at best they should improve it. Like you say, base + |base|*bonus instead of base*(bonus+1).

Edited by Aru3

Share this comment