"The Invisible block "glitch

Nema2219
  • Known Issue

I've been played Oxygen Not Included for a few hours now and I've encountered some issues during this time(mainly crashes or freezes that happen sometimes after I pause the game or press the "Esc" key,or sometimes when i start a new game and press "Embark" the game takes a longer time to load than usual.I've also encountered a rare crash when I pressed the gameplay settings ind the options menu).But the main bug/glitch I've found is 20170223155622_1.jpg20170223155623_1.jpg20170223155626_1.jpg20170223155637_1.jpgwhat I call "The Invisible Block"glitch (Really uncreative name,I know).

Steps to Reproduce
A minimun of one character needs to stand on a block,while a minimum of one character needs to mine the block(while not being on the block).For a few seconds,the endless mine glitch will seem to happen,and then the block will turn invisible.You can interact with the block even if the character that was on the block before isn't there.The block is also indestructible.

User Feedback

Oh,and also each time I load up the game and press the "Esc" key for the first time,the game freezes and/or crashes.

Edited by Nema2219

Share this comment

*Update

You can also do this glitch if 2 characters mine the same block that they stay on(or only one of them,but 2 or more need to stay on the same block)

Share this comment

Thank you for explaining what causes it at least. I encounter this in so many games, but I had no idea it was at all preventable.

Share this comment

For me it happens with seemingly random blocks but much more frequently on 'buried object' blocks... or at least it displays that icon on them. The way I've worked around it is canceling the dig, saving and reloading the game. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

It's not always preventable. Not sure if it's always the cause but I've run into the same issue mining from underneath to blocks above that haven't been interacted with at all. Not game breaking, but is a curse in dire situations when you run into it. 

Share this comment

The invisible block will go away if you save and reload. So that's good. But it looks like it happens any time an object drops on top of the block such as a mined resource.

Share this comment

I'm having the same exact issue and it's frustrating. I'm glad someone already posted about it. Hope it gets fixed soon so I can actually play.

Share this comment

Sometimes this problem goes away when I quit and restart the game. Sometimes this happens to cracked blocks. The cracks remain and objects can land caught inside.

Share this comment

A little vid showing the tiles/bug.

On reload - the offending snow tiles (in this case) fell to the floor and were digable* diggable* mineable* Obliterated.

Tiles where the snow had been bugged previously were also unbugged and passable again.

Good luck :)

Edited by Lifegrow

Share this comment

On 23.02.2017 at 4:49 PM, Nema2219 said:

*Update

You can also do this glitch if 2 characters mine the same block that they stay on(or only one of them,but 2 or more need to stay on the same block)

using "destroy" button from devtool (the backspace thing) on that tile(s) helps.

Edited by linainverse

Share this comment

I've seen this one as well. I had infinitely falling snow above two tiles that were being dug forever. Is this another race condition where two dupes are trying to dig the same tile?

Share this comment