CTD From Unknown Cause

Voideka
  • Known Issue

User Feedback

For me, your save didnt crash. You have the "jumping dirts" at your batteries but that shouldnt cause a crash. The weird thing i saw is the morp behind abyssalite with -272C temp and still alive but i doubt that caused any problem.

Share this comment

I don't think so. The first time I loaded the save, it crashed again after a few minutes, but instead of a CTD it took me to an error report screen. The debug console was flooded with a message about an object reference or something, but it vanished after I alt-tabbed. A second run went for about 10 minutes before crashing, this time with a Windows "Application has stopped working" message. Attached are two output logs, one for each crash. Not sure if you rewrite the log each time or not, but it looks different from the one I uploaded after the first run.

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

Share this comment

With yesterday's update I am able to reproduce your crash but with today's update, your crash doesn't seem to happen anymore. I let the game run for about two cycles and everything seemed to be ok. Could you do me a favor and check that you're running version number 208348? It should tell you at the bottom of the main menu. If the crash happens again, could you please upload the latest .dmp file?

Share this comment

Yes I am running 208348. Unfortunately there were no minidumps, the first was 0kb and the second crash did not produce one. Windows did produce two app crash reports, which I've attached, just in case it's useful. On the first crash I also did report it via the in game crash report screen.

Report.wer

Report.wer

Share this comment