BUG: Zeroing Resource Stats

Travin
  • Known Issue

Issue: Suddenly several of my resource stats zero out which also greys-out the build menu irretrievably halting game play as no action will repair the situation. 

Condition: Replicated

Background: It may be coincidental I was, at the time, testing out an exploit Infinite Storage Trick. However, my experiment involved only two of the 5 bins on hand.  I was able to replicate the problem with several iterations, all resulting in resources zeroing (see pics: note these are from one testing iteration where I deconstructed the airlock).

Thinking that maybe the problem was somehow created by storage settings, or the particular set of compactors I had, I reverted to previous autosaves before the zeroing and alternatively changed the settings, created new compactors, sweep order or not,  etc. As well, I tried playing through the bug making these same adjustments, also to no avail. No matter what I tried the same result occurred and gameplay could not proceed. The game runs, but no new resources gathered or stored (specifically raw mineral and a couple others) resolves the error. 

Post Bug Report Findings:

1. I thought I'd try one last idea. Again loading a save file before the bug,  I deconstructed the two compactors and set all the ejected resources for sweeping, built a new compactor set to "all", then closely watched resource stats. Sandstone began to increase but would inexplicably drop again and again until it, once again, bottomed to zero despite dupes continuing to store the ejected resources. 

2. Proceeding with game play with a save prior to experimenting with the exploit, I've successfully passed the cycle where the bug occured. 

Additional Info: This forum software has many issues with Android and will not allow uploading of the DxDiag txt file type. Trying to rename the file to another file type results in an error msg to contact forum admin. My gaming machine is currently/usually off a network, so I can try to upload it at a later time. I won't copy and paste it due to security concerns. Alternate suggestions welcomed. I also have prepared an archive with B4/after save files. 

Thx for such a great game!  <3

ONI bug B4_001.jpg

ONI bug After 002.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build storage bin on top of a tile with a landscape oriented manual airlock, manually open airlock and then dump storage container contents.

User Feedback

Have the same issue in my game. Suddenly copper fell to zero and no amount of copper mined could fix it.

There were no bins involved originally. I build one to test, if the dupes would find the copper when swept, but it did not help. 

Starting new game now. 

CopperNotFound.sav

Share this comment

Adding in my save file. I hope this helps resolving this issue. 

Background: I did not notice when it began, though it started to zero out at day 9. I was not attempting any exploits, I was just playing normally. I noticed my minerals were set to near zero but I know I had tons of sandstone lying about, granite and igneous rock. This is probably only my 5th game but I have not experienced this in my prior runthroughs.

Steps taken:

• I made a compactor thinking that that would help them recognize it. Did not help, they swept up the minerals but counter dropped, (both building and upper right counter).
  • I tried to drop all contents but did not help either. The upper right counter recognized it for a short while but the build counter did not. Though after a while the build counter in the upper right started running out as well.

As seen from the screenshot, the counters do not match the existing amount at all.

The Lunar Supernova Cycle 9.sav

20171119200124_1.jpg

Share this comment