Ipsquiggle

QoL Upgrade Mk 1 Now Open For Testing! - 295825

Recommended Posts

Alpe12    124
10 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

If anyone wants to remove fixed temp output, just don't forget to also remove every single geyser, wheezewort, and AETN. And for realism purposes, do not vent mass into space.

I heard sous-vide genetic ooze is yummy.

A game (or movie/book) can alter some pieces of reality, but it have be consistent.
"Space vent" is. Certain building removing heat inexplicably isn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ixenzo    39
Just now, Alpe12 said:

A game (or movie/book) can alter some pieces of reality, but it have be consistent.
"Space vent" is. Certain building removing heat inexplicably isn't.

"This concept is okay because I said so, and this concept isn't because I said so".

The game is not realistic or consistent with real-world expectations. Deal with it. If you can't, mods exist, knock yourself out.

Now let's stop derailing the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xenologist    1,251
2 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

Now am I the only one who sees double?

20181123145049_1.thumb.jpg.1e31cf5866a5d9f39612c16beb843880.jpg

That'd be trouble...

No. it is a bug making two of the same object but at different places

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RonEmpire    434

constant temp output is fine.       it provides advantages and disadvantages/challenges. 

saying it delete heats - while is true.     but it also increases heat if the input temp was actually lower.  most of my water is lower in temp.

as far as realism go,   as pointed out  having wheezeworts and AETN and geysers and shoves in itself   depart from realism yet they're introduced into the game to give players some sort of 'balance' to the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpe12    124
18 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

constant temp output is fine.       it provides advantages and disadvantages/challenges. 

saying it delete heats - while is true.     but it also increases heat if the input temp was actually lower.  most of my water is lower in temp.

as far as realism go,   as pointed out  having wheezeworts and AETN and geysers and shoves in itself   depart from realism yet they're introduced into the game to give players some sort of 'balance' to the game.

Exactly. They are introduced into the game with that objective, therefore it's not the same.
Other than that, your comment is very "balanced". :encouragement:

18 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

"This concept is okay because I said so, and this concept isn't because I said so".

The game is not realistic or consistent with real-world expectations. Deal with it. If you can't, mods exist, knock yourself out.

Now let's stop derailing the thread.

"Consistent" that I said is not with real-world. It's within itself.
And the end of your second paragraph is incredibly rude btw.

Edited by Alpe12
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    847

What is the intention behind the new tiles ?

- carpet = decor positve, slow movement speed mesh tiles

- crown moulding tiles = ???

 

How do you think about a gas but not liquid permeable tile ? (Some fiber based tile maybe even "carpet" could fit here very well)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ipsquiggle    5,116
7 hours ago, Chasel said:

I'm glad to hear about modding support

i make a tool for unpack animation here ,but i don't know how to import a new animation to game   

so i didn't finish the part whitch can repack them to game data 

 

is there some example about import a new animation to game  in mod ?  

and how to create the hash number in anmation  ? just random ? 

At some point in the future we'll make it straightforward to import images and animations. In the meantime, you can compute hashes from strings using this algorithm:

Spoiler

   


public static int SDBMLower( string s )
{
    if (s == null)
    {
        return 0;
    }				
    uint hash = 0;
    for (int i = 0; i < s.Length; ++i)
    {
        char c = System.Char.ToLower(s[i]);
        hash = c + (hash << 6) + (hash << 16) - hash;
    }
    return (int)hash;
}				
			

 

3 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

Now am I the only one who sees double?

That'd be trouble...

Could you tell me what resolution are you running the game at?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SakuraKoi    571
Just now, Ipsquiggle said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

   



				
			    public static int SDBMLower( string s )
		    {
		        if (s == null)
		        {
		            return 0;
		        }				
			        uint hash = 0;
		        for (int i = 0; i < s.Length; ++i)
		        {
		            char c = System.Char.ToLower(s[i]);
		            hash = c + (hash << 6) + (hash << 16) - hash;
		        }
		        return (int)hash;
		    }				
			

 

Could you tell me what resolution are you running the game at?

Windowed 1920x1080; UI Scale 90%,

Was not in the previous version

No change when going Fullscreen 1920x1080

Solved when scaling UI to 100% (but my eyesight is not that bad!)

Further testing shows that the Starmap does not really scale well (don't go 4:3 with 100% scale or 75% with 16:10)

Spoiler

20181123185150_1.thumb.jpg.73db929bbfbe5676af37979c377f0ab0.jpg

20181123185409_1.thumb.jpg.d4302063f070f27d2612447d50c9622d.jpg

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revert the changes to the thermal overlay. Knowing the temperature of buildings and plants is far more useful than just the environment.

Edited by natemiddleman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Machenoid    96
4 hours ago, CantBreathe said:

Can auto save be disabled?

Doors compressing air infinitely IS a bug in your game! 

Please treat it that way.

Pneumatic doors not requiring power to be automation-controlled is a bug, considering every other powered building doesn't respond to automation when not powered. The physical process of pushing gasses out of the door location is just a quirk of the 1-element-per-tile rule.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cpy    280

Important question is, do we need a new map for this update or map gen didn't change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muggins    74

Been here since the beginning but this is the first time I’ve opted into the testing branch. There are so many amazing things to talk about, from all the subtle animations that bring the whole thing to life, to the insane coding that brings it all together. Klei has a team of absolute bloody geniuses pouring their heart and soul into this and it shows. But I really wanted to give an extra bonus BIG LOVE to the music, especially to the new musical scores which are giving me intense Blade Runner vibes. So thanks for being awesome. 

 

Gotta run...Gossman has just pi**ed all over the mushroom farm. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ixenzo    39

@Ipsquiggle

Is it indented for the LOX tank to be unlocked along with the hydrogen engine? I would understand it as a gameplay balance change, but it makes zero common sense. Kerolox is the symbol of liquid engines, and by separating their unlocks you show that the player is supposed to use the petroleum engine with oxylite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasza22    2,140
2 hours ago, Ixenzo said:

Is it indented for the LOX tank to be unlocked along with the hydrogen engine? I would understand it as a gameplay balance change, but it makes zero common sense.

Well it kinda makes sense when they call it cryofuel. Fuel that needs to be extremely cooled to become liquid.

Then again it`s a nerf. They should provide a close source of gold to compensate the need for extra oxylite.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xadhoom    64
21 hours ago, Serpher said:

Klei, PLEASE implement these in QoL patch:

  1. Logical inputs in: Liquid Reservoir and Gas Tanks

i rather want an output similar to smart battery. so i can use the signal to turn off like petrol refinery, or NG generators etc.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saaadel    0

The Algae Terrarium has two delivery buttons (on/off) with same name and description. Bug?

Old bug: The hydrofan still has no info about water consumption in requirements (in description for build buttons)

Edited by saaadel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xadhoom    64

Hmm, i see many claim that the game runs slower in the preview, but with my old 500+ cycle colony with 17 dupes (+3 astronauts) i actually have roughly the same FPS  (17-20) as i had in last upgrade.  it kinda lifts my hope for good FPS increase when the upgrade goes live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SakuraKoi    571
28 minutes ago, Xadhoom said:

Hmm, i see many claim that the game runs slower in the preview, but with my old 500+ cycle colony with 17 dupes (+3 astronauts) i actually have roughly the same FPS  (17-20) as i had in last upgrade.  it kinda lifts my hope for good FPS increase when the upgrade goes live.

Well, the hotfix did turn off a debug tool which was massively impacting FPS. How much the other debug tools take away is only what we will know when the upgrade is released but of course, the upgrade is also supposed to improve performance a lot so one should be able to expect a significant improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Well, the hotfix did turn off a debug tool which was massively impacting FPS. How much the other debug tools take away is only what we will know when the upgrade is released but of course, the upgrade is also supposed to improve performance a lot so one should be able to expect a significant improvement.

@Ipsquiggle Can I claim bragging rights for the change :P?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ixenzo    39
5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Well it kinda makes sense when they call it cryofuel. Fuel that needs to be extremely cooled to become liquid.

LH2 and LOX are completely different substances that require very different conditions for storing in a tank. The thing with LH2 is that it simply leaks through the walls of a tank since the particles are so tiny, and as such requires different lining and structure of the tank.

Besides, LH2 uses the same fuel tank unlocked along with the petro engine. This makes even less sense.

Edited by Ixenzo
word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daxterr    391

Klei we love you! 

 

Would you consider making one master item category above all the item categories? Contracting this category would remove all of the other category text and help unclutter the screen.ONI.thumb.png.95d2bf55820960923be4c905e5e6641d.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now