QoL Upgrade Mk 1 Now Open For Testing! - 295825

• Developer
7 minutes ago, SchlauFuchs said:

The temperature during launch was low, and the gas concentration in the range of 100-200. I have not seen them melt, but the whole rocket went to space. And the rocket silo was not touched during the flight. The melting scenario would have been more likely in my case, but it would have happened in outer space?

Mmmm. I'll look at some other possibilities. If you see it again please let me know!

2 minutes ago, Papartichaud said:

Awesome one, could it be possible to have this for building tool for tiles ? 

Good suggestion, I'll see what I can do.

• Thanks 2

OH YEAH BABY IT'S TRIPPLE!

This is some MLG level good **** right there.

Now to tune geysers with some skilled scientist, or drill for new liquid/gas from existing one? Some interstellar geyser tuner item :D

Why look for great seed when every seed can be great?

Edited by cpy
  • Like 2

Can anyone build Pedestal? I can't find it in Furniture category (actually in any category). Am I blind or this building does not appear in save from previous update?

Edit: just checked new game - still can't see the Pedestal.

Also what is the purpose of "Crown Moulding" tile? Pls explain for not a native speaker :)

Edited by Khullag
  • Like 1

Overall a big + for me, but...

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

The Space Scanner now turns off when the rocket is grounded, is on when launching, off while in space, on when close to landing (based on dish network quality), and on while landing.

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

(based on dish network quality)

Rocket detection shouldn't have any randomness or attempts at "balance" on it. The player can see the remaining time in starmap, meaning that manual control is perfect, but tedious. The scanners are unreliable unless stacked and also unreliable if a meteor shower coincides with rocket return.

The end result is needless tedium with no good side effects.

• Like 10

And now that I have read the list, I have to say I am impressed.  A lot of serious annoyances fixed, a lot of sensible improvements, also with regards to performance. While it looks sometimes as if Klei are not reading the feedback, they clearly do and understand it. This is exactly the direction to take at this time in the development cycle.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2

• Developer
18 minutes ago, Khullag said:

Can anyone build Pedestal? I can't find it in Furniture category (actually in any category). Am I blind or this building does not appear in save from previous update?

Edit: just checked new game - still can't see the Pedestal.

Also what is the purpose of "Crown Moulding" tile? Pls explain for not a native speaker :)

Thanks for the information. The pedestal will be available in the next hotfix.

• Thanks 1

@Ipsquiggle Are the actual performance updates already implemented? I just checked with the debug tools turned off and I don't see any relevant change in frames per second (I also tried with the debug tools on and it's not testable this way, getting as low as 5 FPS). Also most of the new decor buildings are not available yet.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

The carpeted tile seems to be gas-permeable. If it's supposed to be a solid block of carpet, it sorta makes sense, but the icon in the build menu makes me think it's supposed to be solid.

Crown Moulding looks like it has no practical use, but it also looks to be placeholder for the moment.

• Developer
5 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

@Ipsquiggle Are the actual performance updates already implemented? I just checked with the debug tools turned off and I don't see any relevant change in frames per second (I also tried with the debug tools on and it's not testable this way, getting as low as 5 FPS). Also most of the new decor buildings are not available yet.

What does "debug tools turned off" mean here?

Hm. Maybe i was too premature with my comment.

Got first crash when loading my savegame and second crash when trying to click the crash-report screen (and the crash report screen has a huge delay).:(

Edited by blash365
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, blash365 said:

Hm. Maybe i was too premature with my comment.

Got first crash when loading my savegame and second crash when trying to click the crash-report screen.:(

Do you have any mods? I had to remove the entire folder for the game to work.

2 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

Do you have any mods? I had to remove the entire folder for the game to work.

Nope. no mods. Just my 1200 cycle savegame. *sniff*

And it's reproducable when loading again.

Edited by blash365

15 minutes ago, ThyReaper said:

The carpeted tile seems to be gas-permeable. If it's supposed to be a solid block of carpet, it sorta makes sense, but the icon in the build menu makes me think it's supposed to be solid.

Hatches can also burrow into it. I've already filed a bug report on that.