speculate here what you think will come in the next patch

Spoiler

I believe it should be the nuclear update with at least 2 new diseases, a new critter, a new rocket module, and new uses for magma, and the use of at least 2 energy modules, one being renewable nuclear energy, and a change in the oil with the other liquefied gases of the oil and its refines and with that with these new elements the energy of these gases

I think we could get a crafting upgrade that makes use of all the unsuaed materials form the codex: Bricks, Sand cement, Aerogel, Bitumen and Sulfur of course. I`m hoping for a mid tier crafting station and insulation rebalance (lower cost fo insualted stuff, alternatives to ceramic, insualted airlocks). Also some changes to what resources bulidings require (telescope should need glass, maybe mechanized airlocks should use refined metal instead of raw).

Oh and bugfixes to the rocket stuff. It`s been pretty long we have the rockets causing crashes and not returning fully from space.

I'm hoping for bugfixes and performance. I was a game dev for manymany years, and I know first-hand how much more fun it is to work on new features rather than grind down the buglist, but this game definitely feels to me right now like it's due for a nice long feature freeze and several cycles of bug-bashing.

There's an incredibly long list of small additions to the game that was forgotten or left out as they quickly riffled through the last many updates.

For example, 

conveyor filter, like gas/liquid filter but for conveyors
conveyor element sensor, temperature sensor, and germ sensors
conveyor shut off valve
ranching critter sensor, counts the number of critters in a room
temperature sensors cap out at 300C, we can make liquid hydrogen, send rockets into space but we can't measure temperatures above 300C?

And then there's things that just annoy you that should be easy fixes, like

smart storages and fridge not being smart the same way smart batteries are
many settings can still only be set by sliders, not typing in the number we want
copy settings limited to only a few items

Those are just examples. Both lists goes on and on, and I really would like to see Klei start taking player experience and game play feel seriously.

Just to take one example from top of mind: The oxidizer tank is a three-decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich.

- Dupes will ignore the slider setting when filling with oxylite.

- If you click on it when it's filled with oxylite past the slider/box setting, the entire load of oxylite pops out.

- When it's filled with LO2 and you pull the slider to below the amount it holds, the entire amount, not just the excess, pops out in a container. (On reflection, this isn't particular to the oxidizer tank. This is all the rocket components that store propellant or oxidizer.)

- It has a four-digit capacity, but the text box won't let you manually enter more than three digits.

@SaturnusI agree with most of your list. Allthough I would say conveyour filters are redundant since the system works a bit differently from piping. The loaders already have an in built filter and you can always go receptable => sweeper => loader to narrow down a previously broader range.

Also if we get a critter sensor it absolutely must counts eggs as well. Else nobody will use it and just stick with water clocks.

The thing that turns me off most about the game right now is the poor computing performance, especially when going into higher duplicant numbers or using more than a very small number of jetpacks. Jetpack pathing is also pretty terribly implementend if I'am honest.

Also there are tons of other details, bugs etc. the devs could clean up and improve. Some of the duplicant animations are wrong (maybe they are placeholders) for example when they eat good food they still behave as if it was ****ty.

I really suggest that the game gets cleaned up and fixed the next few patches w/o adding alot new stuff to it.

10 minutes ago, clickrush said:

@SaturnusI agree with most of your list. Allthough I would say conveyour filters are redundant since the system works a bit differently from piping. The loaders already have an in built filter and you can always go receptable => sweeper => loader to narrow down a previously broader range.

That's sort of like saying we don't need a gas filter because you can just vent it into a room and pump it out again. And that is how I do it now but it's incredibly round about way of doing it.

10 minutes ago, clickrush said:

Also if we get a critter sensor it absolutely must counts eggs as well. Else nobody will use it and just stick with water clocks.

Obviously. And the annoying thing is; there already are critter sensors in the game that does it. In the room overlay it says the critter (including eggs) in a room, and the critter drop off is also able to register the critters in a room. But we can have automation that does it? Why not, Klei?

Forget conveyor filters, I'd be happy if all in game materials were at least selectable for storage compactors.  I mean come on, they add new materials and don't add them to the list?  That seems like it should be a standard template checkbox when creating new items in game.

10 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I agree that jetpacks need a rework

Usually I only build jetpack docks on the surface to help build Bunker's and stuff

But most dupes use it to fly halfway across the map to pick up a piece of meat from a dead vole or egg shell

I have jetpacks setup on my surface and they are completely blocked in and limited to the rocket silos and the area above my rock crusher doors.  I have a set of exosuit docks prior to the jetsuits, that allows them to dock their exosuits and grab a jetpack.  It's working great.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Those are just examples. Both lists goes on and on, and I really would like to see Klei start taking player experience and game play feel seriously.

I was wondering sometimes if an "inner circle" of gametesters exist, because sometimes i could no way understand why Klei implements so much halfbaked stuff.
Investing so much time and manpower into animated short, to get new customers and then rush next update same way..
Reservoir visual changes for example. Why they never use the forum and ask users for inspiration/ about (wanted) changes (poll or creative contest)?
I can smell many DLC for ONI..

10 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

ONI has so much potential for extra features i would be surprised if there wasn`t DLC planned down the line. Especially with all the not implemented stuff with the art done that`s floating around the forums.

15 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

I was wondering sometimes if an "inner circle" of gametesters exist, because sometimes i could no way understand why Klei implements so much halfbaked stuff.
Investing so much time and manpower into animated short, to get new customers and then rush next update same way..
Reservoir visual changes for example. Why they never use the forum and ask users for inspiration/ about (wanted) changes (poll or creative contest)?

There's lots of ways to prioritize dev work, and from the outside it can look crazier than it does from the inside.

While "the devs" look from our seats like a single unit, emitting pellets of work product in sequence, in reality it'll be a whole bunch of people working on a bunch of efforts in parallel, with some producing check-inable results quicker than others. (In particular, the people making animated shorts aren't often the people fixing bugs, and vice-versa.)

I'd be happy if they gave us one thing, and one thing only: saved material selection states.

Every time you load a save, the material selected for any building is defaulted to whatever you happen to have the most of, even if it's thermium for automation wires, or bloody clay for tempshift plates. That was annoying to find out 50 cycles later why my heat wasn't moving, and the tempshift plates MELTED in the volcano.

1 hour ago, crypticorb said:

Every time you load a save

There are so many bad things happening when you load a save, some can be rather devastating. And you wouldn't know that it could happen in the first place! Hard to troubleshoot issues when it's that meta.

Must be included or riot:

PLASTIC LADDER BUILD-ABLE OVER REGULAR LADDER!!!

High on my List:

Fix Rockets on Save/Load

Vacillator Priority setting. 

Sustainable Tungsten

Jet Suit lag fix.

Balance With List:

Steam Turbine Re balancing & Determined Per Input

Doors Require Power To Open/Close With Automation, Lock/Unlock without power instead?

Automation Sensors Require Dupe Interaction to Change Values (Possible remote automation switch stations added to compensate).

Gas Transformation Fixed.

Feature Wish List:

"Operator" -> Performs Dupe Operate Like Sweeper 

"Harvestor" -> Performs Dupe Harvest Like Sweeper

3 hours ago, Hellshound38 said:

Sustainable Tungsten

Suggestions for a recipe for the molecular forge please if its good i add it.

6 hours ago, clickrush said:

Allthough I would say conveyour filters are redundant since

... since there is already a mod...

conveyor shut off valve
ranching critter sensor, counts the number of critters in a room
temperature sensors cap out at 300C, we can make liquid hydrogen, send rockets into space but we can't measure temperatures above 300C?

There are also mods...

38 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:

Suggestions for a recipe for the molecular forge please if its good i add it.There are also mods...

Refined abyssalite (like carbon made in kiln) + sulphur, sure it's got not to do with metal but at least it's a way to make something that is quite hard to make but useless (sulphur) into something useful.

40 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:

There are also mods...

Kinda want it in the vanilla game though

The next (several?) updates will mostly focus on balance adjustments, bug fixes, optimization, and general polish.  And for good reason; there's no shortage of tweaks that need to be made.  Still, I'm hoping for a few new toys to tinker with.  Chiefly, a critter sensor and some sort of egg storage unit that doesn't deplete an egg's viability, insulated airlocks (or the ability to build mechanical airlocks out of ceramic), and a sustainable source of slime that doesn't require space travel.  I also think gassy moos are in desperate need of a rework.

Some quality of life changes I want are for dupes to stop taking materials out of storage compactors for projects set to a lower priority than the compactor itself and for buildings like the electric grill to skip to the next queued recipe if ingredients aren't available for the leftmost recipe.

Beyond that, little additions like shockworms, volgus, and palmera trees would make me quite happy.

5b352d88a1ff1_PalmeraTree.png.7bd5e6ce5d

10 hours ago, Nativel said:

Sulfur(only)

Okay, that fits in with something that I typed that would be a rebalancing in magma and petroleum and its derivatives, since sulfur is found in volcanic regions, that is, it is a new material for the magma / oil biome

but ... sulfur for what? new type of battery? Rubber (blending with oil)? acid? fertilizer? fungicide?
thinking about the last two uses, maybe a new plant or disease

28 minutes ago, goboking said:

Beyond that, little additions like shockworms, volgus, and palmera trees would make me quite happy.

interesting, but where did you imagine those names? some data mining?

10 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Bugfixxes and performance upgrade.

i I cry with it every night

Archived