Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I like how the red gem gives a rose aesthetic.

soyousay.png.f2a2fce9011cef2a4ddf55be5b08d866.png

Spoiler

Wormwood for DST?

3 minutes ago, cannonball 594 said:

I like how it looks exept for one thing.

lore wise it doesn’t fit due to the fact that red gems are typically associated with fire.

Well green gems are typically associated with construction, but not life.

Also red gems DO have in-game backing for giving life.

Spoiler

Life giving amulet, 'member?

Edited by watermelen671
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, cannonball 594 said:

But he wasn’t naturally born. Somebody put the gem there to bring him to life. 

So you could say somebody constructed him.....

Well, from what I know from looking at the Don't Starve Wiki (:lol:), and also looking at what they make

• Red gems = Fire, Life/Energy
  • Blue gems = Ice/Cold
  • Purple gems = Magic
  • Orange gems = Teleportation
  • Yellow gems = Light
  • Green gem = Destruction/Creation

Something to note would be that green gems are completely useless without nightmare fuel, which really only raises more questions.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

But how does that resurrect people?

Simple. 

Upon dying red gem notices that our body is quickly turning cold. Since it doesn't like cold it uses 100% of its power to turn really hot. As we know hot air raises and that's why red gem starts to rise and emit light. It's so powerful that it even takes our character with it. The thingy around our character's neck is really uncomfortable. So much so that our characters decides to ressurect themselves just to move and find a more comfortable spot to be dead on. They then realize that they're in fact not dead. Heat emited by red gem reminds all nearby creatures of warm, cozy bed and that's why they go to sleep. Red gem then proceeds to break time and space with all that heat and it teleports into some poor hound's rectal cavity.

Simple right?

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

46 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Well, from what I know from looking at the Don't Starve Wiki (:lol:), and also looking at what they make

• Red gems = Fire, Life/Energy
  • Blue gems = Ice/Cold
  • Purple gems = Magic
  • Orange gems = Teleportation
  • Yellow gems = Light
  • Green gem = Destruction/Creation

Something to note would be that green gems are completely useless without nightmare fuel, which really only raises more questions.

I think green gems are related to working (because orange gems are lazyness) instead of creation, so maybe Wormwood was made for a specific purpose, maybe related to the fountain of youth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Osbalop said:

I think green gems are related to working (because orange gems are lazyness) instead of creation, so maybe Wormwood was made for a specific purpose, maybe related to the fountain of youth.

His gem is lime green, which is a mixture of yellow and green.

Light + Work = photosynthesis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Simple. 

Upon dying red gem notices that our body is quickly turning cold. Since it doesn't like cold it uses 100% of its power to turn really hot. As we know hot air raises and that's why red gem starts to rise and emit light. It's so powerful that it even takes our character with it. The thingy around our character's neck is really uncomfortable. So much so that our characters decides to ressurect themselves just to move and find a more comfortable spot to be dead on. They then realize that they're in fact not dead. Heat emited by red gem reminds all nearby creatures of warm, cozy bed and that's why they go to sleep. Red gem then proceeds to break time and space with all that heat and it teleports into some poor hound's rectal cavity.

Simple right?

Well dyuh! How else would they work? Hah. Hahah... Heh...

Just now, Osbalop said:

True, items created with orange gems are given the epithet of "lazy", however it does not describe what it does.

• The Lazy Forager teleports items from the ground into your inventory.
  • The Lazy Explorer teleports the player a short distance.
  • The Lazy Deserter, as Wickerbottom would put it: "[...] deconstructs the subject and reconstitutes them elsewhere." (i.e. teleportation)

I wouldn't say that green gems are related to working, because the word "construction" is literally in both item's name.

• The Construction Amulet halves the amount of materials needed to make something.
  • The Deconstruction Staff separates an object into its components, essentially destroying it in the process.

---------------------------

We'll never be able to get a definitive answer unless someone somehow uses a deconstruction staff on Wormwood and finds out what his components were.

7 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

His gem is lime green, which is a mixture of yellow and green.

Light + Work = photosynthesis.

That's...not how gems work. That only works with red and blue gems because purple gems are magic.

6 minutes ago, Osbalop said:

He doesn´t say anything interesting about yellow gems though

Well, he does say "Bright Light Shiny"...so he does comment about their use. 

idk.png.ad4fa951a08564ab864964c11eb0395c.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

So...uh...I decided to make lineart for Wormwood so that basically anybody can recolor him how they want.

Hide contents

5c6c74a9944ff_Wormwoodlineart.thumb.png.3a52541a2b114f325755b4d490b95965.png

Here are some examples:

Reveal hidden contents

5c6c744425733_Wormwooddarklineart.thumb.png.8e5a338749fe5158b8fe78ef6892c8b8.png5c6c7497aefe8_Wormwoodtanlineart.thumb.png.25b18d86c80085a47cf39dd0130031bc.png

I'm half contemplating just remaking all of Wormwood's textures so I can more easily recolor them.

Phew. this took a long while. But i finally did it. I think these colors fits him the most really. I tried to be as realistic as possible.

warbucksss.thumb.png.1193bc4dcfdefdff38cebdafd0eaba44.png

Ya like it?

I'm not sorry

Edited by bugsmand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

New update! We got anything new?

HECK!

SMASHH.png.218c1b1aa3b8c7db081ee632822b93bc.png

2 hours ago, bugsmand said:

Phew. this took a long while. But i finally did it. I think these colors fits him the most really. I tried to be as realistic as possible.

I hate you.

tiredsipp.png.e5ea28931cc68509332e6045575c80d7.png

2 hours ago, bugsmand said:

I fixed it for you!

5c6ca312be088_WarbucksWormwood.thumb.png.3618708c2b8f9ea23471c976f860e0d9.png

Spoiler

Edit: I dunno...slap a mustache on it...maybe I'll even do it for you.

Edited by watermelen671
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2