Place your bets on the next update

On 8/18/2018 at 12:10 PM, _Q_ said:

But data collection can't lie, if they have data that 60% of players ends playing on cycle 150, then don't count on content that will be later on cycle 200 and further.

Modern times, thanks to data collection they can save tons of money and time that would otherwise get wasted on adding something that only few % of players would even notice.

Alternate and superior interpretation of the same data: this hypothetical data would show them that they need to add more late game content because players get bored at cycle 150 currently.

7 hours ago, trukogre said:

Alternate and superior interpretation of the same data: this hypothetical data would show them that they need to add more late game content because players get bored at cycle 150 currently.

I really wait for nice updates. 150 cycles are fine to play, but if you have exos, theres nothing left.
Too many bugs to take game serious for now.
I am really interested to see how they fix those bugs, forums are plastered with..

I would honestly love to see more "events" like the meteor showers. the night time idea is cute but I the micromanagement sounds awful. the geysers already follow a schedule so why not. love to see "toilet overflow" where you get a huge influx of infected water from no where. or fridge short-circuit where all your ingredients are consumed, fall on the floor, but everything is super high quality with 50% freshness.

getting past the 150 cycle is effectively taking the geysers around you and figuring out a way to not consume all your water within the geyser cycle.

the question is: Do we think that should be the threshold for mid-game/late game? 150 cycles is 2.5 hours

inb4, "this game is meant to be bastion of scientific thought, and I will not allow it to turn into Mario Party v.21" With the bugs I've seen thus far, this game is exactly on bar with Mario Party so stuff it.

7 hours ago, Oozinator said:

but if you have exos, theres nothing left.

Seriously?  Once I get Exos, the game gets SO much more interesting!  Can explore the map, find new geysers, vents, POIs, figure out how to use and abuse what I found.  Start to try once again to build an oil boiler that will actually work damn it!  

Well, I logged in this morning, saw the counter was under 3 weeks to the next upgrade and shut down.  They have trained me not to play the M-W of beta release week.  Although I am considering logging back in to see if I can get a single watt out of the steam turbine over one of my two hot steam vents I got in the current map.  The steam turbine, as @GrindThisGame said, is useless.  When I am early in a game and one of my first geysers is a hot steam, I often start over.  Because they are not worth the hassle either.  When I see folks clamoring for nuclear upgrade, I have to wonder if a nuclear power plant will be implemented any better?  Or will we all see three videos of @Brothgar trying to make in work in debug mode before all going back to natural gas?  

Maybe it is a "Deadly Upgrade".

• Explosions of dangerous gasses (Hydrogen+Chlorine, Oxygen + Natural Gas) when near something warmer than the reaction temperature for that mixture. Explosives
  • Sparks - Electric objects under power, when flooded with H2O or PW will cause sparks, unpleasant for bystanders 

Personally I would favor a "Tools Upgrade":

• Portable Light sources (Mealwood torches, rechargable torches after research)
  • Portable power sources (battery packs that can be carried and replaced/recharged)
  • Camping stuff
  • Gas bottling and manual gas releases
  • Tools for Builders and Diggers that need to be maintained, possibly with higher tier versions for more difficult tasks
  • Controlled Explosions using manufactured charges

Visitors from other asteroids

Either aliens or even dupes from other colonies. Maybe Gravitas colonised an asteroid ring and some of the neighbours figured out a way to hop between the asteroids?

The other factions can be either hostile or peaceful and engage in combat (capturing dupes for slaves) or trade materials, critters and technologies.

Maybe lategame you can send your own convoy for good or evil.

31 minutes ago, this.cris said:

Visitors from other asteroids

Either aliens or even dupes from other colonies. Maybe Gravitas colonised an asteroid ring and some of the neighbours figured out a way to hop between the asteroids?

The other factions can be either hostile or peaceful and engage in combat (capturing dupes for slaves) or trade materials, critters and technologies.

Maybe lategame you can send your own convoy to for good or evil.

This is the one I've been hoping for.  It would also be a way to introduce materials that wouldn't necessarily be on our asteroid.

3 hours ago, old_fantom said:

Although I am considering logging back in to see if I can get a single watt out of the steam turbine over one of my two hot steam vents I got in the current map.  The steam turbine, as @GrindThisGame said, is useless.  When I am early in a game and one of my first geysers is a hot steam, I often start over.  Because they are not worth the hassle either.  When I see folks clamoring for nuclear upgrade, I have to wonder if a nuclear power plant will be implemented any better?  Or will we all see three videos of @Brothgar trying to make in work in debug mode before all going back to natural gas?  

A nuclear reactor would need to be cooled, and the cooling process could produce enough steam to actually run a steam turbine without resorting to exploits or debug mode.

17 hours ago, goboking said:

A nuclear reactor would need to be cooled, and the cooling process could produce enough steam to actually run a steam turbine without resorting to exploits or debug mode.

It would not be the first time that they created functionality that was really not used until later updates I suppose.  The steam generator and the surface interactions certainly seem more unfinished than many other items in the early release.  

I would like to see advanced cooling tech combined with removing fix temperature output from several buildings (like the water sieve).

Honestly, I think we are getting close to the finished game. We already hit lower end space tech; the next step will probably involve higher end space tech, possibly to escape the asteroid which could be the end goal, and game mechanic optimisations.

On 8/15/2018 at 8:53 PM, Pyrrus said:

I really want for combustion to be implemented. So that you can get fires and explosions when O2 and flammables are in proximity and too hot. This would expand the factory design possibilities significantly :D

No. If you want rooms that randomly start on fire for no apparent reason then play Fallout Shelter.

On 8/16/2018 at 2:25 PM, Rebrait said:

Just make dupes runs [sic] slowly in the dark!

So...walk.

On 8/20/2018 at 6:27 PM, Denisetwin said:

Seriously?  Once I get Exos, the game gets SO much more interesting!  Can explore the map, find new geysers, vents, POIs, figure out how to use and abuse what I found.  Start to try once again to build an oil boiler that will actually work damn it!  

Same here. For me the game mostly starts at that point. 

On 8/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, Pakat0r said:

Will add the study of Astronomy and the creation of rocket components. Finally it will be possible to fly to another asteroid! =)

Yes! I want Factorio-like Outposts!

5 minutes ago, Kiako said:

Well, I can understand this. What trouble me is that 277697 is before Expressive update (279457).

i think that was a request of some players to have a backup version for a few savs that get bugged on the current version, but im not sure

Archived