Place your bets on the next update

Next update will be Reproduction Update!

Dupes have started interacting with each other in Expressive Update. Now they have started expressing themselves a bit more and found that they have feelings for others!!!

It was baby critters before ... now its going to be dupe babies.

Also, duplicants have started noticing some vibrations from the surface. When they went to investigate, they've found an enormous meteor crash. On digging it through, they've unearthed fallen satellites! They can be reverse engineered to unlock even more techs that were previously not even visible in the tech tree!

Welcome to the new Reproduction update!

10 minutes ago, ArunPrasath said:

Dupes have started interacting with each other in Expressive Update. Now they have started expressing themselves a bit more and found that they have feelings for others!!!

So what you are saying is that we get a bigger incentive for using the follow cam?

38 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

So what you are saying is that we get a bigger incentive for using the follow cam?

Ha ha...

16 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

Or to use tombstone.
Or we should already think about a solution to "maintain" a stable population... :?

Yeah. Dupe death can be implemented if reproduction happens 

6 minutes ago, Dracian said:

I'll place my bet on a Darkness & Light update, though I wouldn't mind new biomes, a bigger map and more balanced surface and meteors.

And please no reproduction, this is not The Sims...

Yea I'm with you on this.

The surface is a mess and there isn't anything but added work up there. Someone posted something about being able to dig through the neutronium. I guess that would make the map bigger. What if it was like Pacman where you dig out one side and come out on the other...

If this game turns into a selective breeding SIM, I am done.  Loud sleeping is a dominate trait, so you have to isolate them or get them neutered or spayed.  No thanks.  

What I would like, is a way, through automation, to stop dupes from bringing 180C or 220C granite into my base once I start cleaning up the top of the map.  A door that says, no minerals past this point. I don't want to have to designate two or three surface dupes and drop their tidy trait to the lowest setting.  

27 minutes ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

What if it was like Pacman where you dig out one side and come out on the other...

That is what happens. There have been posts showing it haha

27 minutes ago, old_fantom said:

What I would like, is a way, through automation, to stop dupes from bringing 180C or 220C granite into my base once I start cleaning up the top of the map.  A door that says, no minerals past this point. I don't want to have to designate two or three surface dupes and drop their tidy trait to the lowest setting.  

A small work around would be have a tiny amount of gas in a room with a thermal sensor. the hot material should heat the gas up quick enough.... but no clue how you would make use of it XD

31 minutes ago, old_fantom said:

If this game turns into a selective breeding SIM, I am done.  Loud sleeping is a dominate trait, so you have to isolate them or get them neutered or spayed.  No thanks.  

I have a copper volcano and I just made some abby compactors and set them to refined metals only near the volcano.

1 hour ago, old_fantom said:

Earplugs ;)

Reproduction could be an optional thing, that you can turn off if you don't want to deal with it. But I like the idea. The Printing Pod could get inactive after a certain amount of dupes (where does it get the power from?), dupes could have a lifespan (depending on how healthy/lucky they live) and reproduction could be managed with a machine, that acts similar like a Printing Pod, but you would need two dupes for that, who like each other (they give their DNA) and the produced dupe should be younger (maybe a child at least), but he/she could inherit abilities/traits from their parents. How about a school, to teach the young dupes some abilities as preperation for the work life?

.. seeing as how many people seems to struggle getting the basics of food/oxygen/not cooking the dupes to death, do you honestly think that adding children to this would be in any way helpful? moreover, how stupid would you have to be to actually have children in such a yucky cesspit? The fact so many people want a "way off" the meteor, and assuming that was your goal (as overseer) surely children would just make the whole thing insanely difficult and not even in a fun way.

So they shouldn't add anymore new in this game because many people are struggling getting the basics? So the best way would be to take all the things out, people are struggling with (maybe except oxygen-production, as it is the name of the game)? I would choose the way to go with tutorials for new players depending on the situation (low oxygen production, low food production, low immune system, high stress etc.). But that's a thing for the release, as the game is changing with every upgrade.

4 hours ago, ArunPrasath said:

Also, duplicants have started noticing some vibrations from the surface. When they went to investigate, they've found an enormous meteor crash. On digging it through, they've unearthed fallen satellites! They can be reverse engineered to unlock even more techs that were previously not even visible in the tech tree!

Welcome to the new Reproduction update!

No no no, please. Duplicants are already mentally very ’childish’ and literal reproduction would kill that theme very hardly. Having social relations like being pals or maybe having quarrel with someone would be enough, but not love..

and I doubt that they got printed reproduction organs in the first place. It would also cause a bit of trouble where there is a few duplicants with ’X’ as gender. What would happen with those

i think they should add more to middle/end game because its way to easy in my opinion to get a base that can run by itself, and once you get a base made, you want to experiment with things, like animals which is why they had 2 animal upgrades, because its something to do after the base is made, same thing with the tubular, thermal, and cosmic upgrade. and i think they should also add more things in the beginning of the game like new animals,plants,oxygen generation, and other cool ideas the people on the forums suggest 

On 8/16/2018 at 1:07 AM, Gurgel said:

I want dupes glowing in the dark, so definitely the Nuclear Upgrade!

Comes with Nuka Cola, lead-lined enviro-suits, lots of risky research and THE GADGET.

Fail on my part but pretty much as good!

Archived