[Game Update] - 278044

• Developer
  • Auto-Sweeper no longer works through glass tiles.
  • Fixed a save load issue where certain queued items at fabricators weren't being properly restored.
  • Dupes will now perform work chores during break time if they are unable to reach any break time activities so they should no longer get stuck if some sand falls between them and the break room.
  • Snore effect layer moved forward.
  • Refrigerator items should now be alphabetically sorted.
  • New Small Power Transformer building has a throughput of 1KW. The pre-existing power tranformer outputs 4KW and requires refined metal.
  • Phonobox now plays random songs
  • Thought bubbes should once again provide hover text.
  • Massage table can now be used during break time.
  • Dupes should no longer interrupt their eating to go to the bathroom.
  • Dupes mouths should no longer disappear.
  • You can one again hover the health/oxygen bars to see numerical values via the select tool.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using the sandbox tools to stamp buildings at the edge of the world.

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

New Small Power Transformer building has a throughput of 1KW. The pre-existing power tranformer outputs 4KW and requires refined metal.

That's nice. A lot of cool stuff in this update. Thank you

12 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

New Small Power Transformer building has a throughput of 1KW. The pre-existing power tranformer outputs 4KW and requires refined metal.

First a big thank you for this ;)

But it seems both transformers are build with raw metal and cost the same 200kg

12 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Refrigerator items should now be alphabetically sorted.

Refrigerators and ration boxes are sorted alphabetically in both layers if am not really lucky right now^^ (random order can be sorted)

So normal storage compactors just got sorted categories, but the materials inside each category are still random.

=> So could both layers be sorted alphabetically ? ;)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

We are changing so much about power transformers right now, so I want to propose an other (needed) change:

Don´t delete charges when disabling the power transformer (Why should a power shut off before the power transformer be any better) and give the power transformer a runoff.

With 4Kw capacity it´s to easy to use them instead of batteries and I don´t think that this would be intended

Just now, Soulwind said:

Why 4kw? 

The first transformers charged 4kw and it was raised to 5kw when the tick count changed.

=> If you use a smart battery to turn off the feeding power transformer you will end up producing roughly the same heat

(The 5x times higher heat generation in the last patch was something that broke one of my builds^^)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

3 minutes ago, chemie said:

So if I lock the portal and dont have a rec room, can I avoid the break and have forced labor?

Can you connect two 2kw circuits to new PT and not overload at the connection point?

you can't, obviously

22 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Dupes will now perform work chores during break time if they are unable to reach any break time activities so they should no longer get stuck if some sand falls between them and the break room.

This could be very interesting.

24 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Thanks for the quick turnaround on this one.  Much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

We are changing so much about power transformers right now, so I want to propose an other (needed) change:

Don´t delete charges when disabling the power transformer (Why should a power shut off before the power transformer be any better) and give the power transformer a runoff.

With 4Kw capacity it´s to easy to use them instead of batteries and I don´t think that this would be intended

The first transformers charged 4kw and it was raised to 5kw when the tick count changed.

=> If you use a smart battery to turn off the feeding power transformer you will end up producing roughly the same heat

(The 5x times higher heat generation in the last patch was something that broke one of my builds^^)

Yes I know.  But it seems like these changes were meant to limit transformer output to the wires they are intended for.  Hence getting rid of the 5x1kw/ second action. But setting it to 4kw doesn't seem to accomplish either result.  Too much power still coming through.

10 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Why 4kw? 

Small trans = 1kw = regular wire.  Large trans = 4kw = overload of conductive wire which can only handle 2kw?

I'm not complaining, it just doesn't make sense to me. 

ya that makes it really weird, hopefully they make it a smart power transformer instead where you can adjust the max output up to 4kw, then it'd be even more useful.

4 minutes ago, bountygiver said:
16 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Why 4kw? 

Small trans = 1kw = regular wire.  Large trans = 4kw = overload of conductive wire which can only handle 2kw?

I'm not complaining, it just doesn't make sense to me. 

ya that makes it really weird, hopefully they make it a smart power transformer instead where you can adjust the max output up to 4kw, then it'd be even more useful.

I don´t see a problem here. Your power transformer will just supply what you need and if you want to use 4kw you can do it and if you want just 1kw you can do it either (So a power transformer is smart^^)

(One 4kw transformer can still charge more than one 2kw wire if you automate some power shutoffs ^^)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

Though the transformers could output 4kw ~ 5kw in the past, it's no reason to make them output 4kw now. For me, 4kw is a baseless and unmanageable number.

If the 4kw can be divided into two 2kw, it would be best. If can't, I would rather reduce it to 2kw. If still can't, well, let me say good bye to big  transformers.:(

2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

My test showed that I can force my dupes to work

(Automated my doors leading to my rec room and portal room)

This is correct.  You must lock them out of the printing pod as well.  Easily done in Cycle 1 with a few screen doors and the default settings.  They can even get their food in and out of the printing pod for breaktime *eating* without having to move in.  Once they're in there though, they're hanging out for the end of the cycle unless something else breaks their pattern.  EDIT: Or you lock the doors back up and move them out manually... that works too.

NmcjiWg.jpg

Edit the second: This will create interesting options.  Using door locks you can keep your high end dupes in certain places while your worker/supply dupes can keep working... or plunging the outhouse again.

WOOHOO!  Edit the third:  Sometimes, it's the little things...

ArwTVPA.jpg

Edited by WanderingKid

I like the music in that video XD

5 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Though the transformers could output 4kw ~ 5kw in the past, it's no reason to make them output 4kw now. For me, 4kw is a baseless and unmanageable number.

If the 4kw can be divided into two 2kw, it would be best. If can't, I would rather reduce it to 2kw. If still can't, well, let me say good bye to big  transformers.:(

It would be good if wires that are connected together at the transformer don't interfere with each other, i.e two 2kw sections of cable are counted separately.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

It allows you to use big transformers the same way we do in Cosmic, doesn't it? Smart battery on the small side with automation turning it on whenever a charge is needed, turns off when battery is full. The fast charge rate of 4 kW reduces uptime and thus heat generation of the transformer. The fact it is more than the 2 kW a conductive wire can handle doesn't matter if you put a battery on the small side and use automation to turn off the transformer since the circuit will still go over 2 kW if you have too many consumers.

If you want to be sure you can't overload a 2 kW conductive wire when you have consumers >2 kW, you now have the option to use 2 small transformers. But you still can't use a battery on the small side for automating them since that risks overload again.

It also makes the big transformer much more useful as a step-up transformer. With 4 kW charge rate, you can put up to 5 hydrogen generators or 10 hamster wheels behind a big transformer to charge your heavi-watt net if you prefer not to run heavi watt wires to the generators.

Edited by Sevio