[Game Update] - 278044

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

My test showed that I can force my dupes to work

(Automated my doors leading to my rec room and portal room)

What is impact on stress?  I am wondering about automation where the rec room is only open for a short peroid to let them geta quick drink and dance but not waste 1/6 of the day there.

Edited by chemie

1 hour ago, landromat said:

you can't, obviously

Why is it obvious?  It outputs 4KW and each circuit is fine at 2KW so it is only if they count the outlet connection point on the PT when doing the wattage check which is hardly obvious.

1 minute ago, Sasza22 said:

Let me take a wild guess. They are implementing 4kW wires next. Insulated wire (refined metal + plastic).

I only need two 2KW circuits now anyway so that would give me a single PT for entire inner base.

18 minutes ago, chemie said:
1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

My test showed that I can force my dupes to work

(Automated my doors leading to my rec room and portal room)

What is impact on stress?  I am wondering about automation where the rec room is only open for a short peroid to let them geta quick drink and dance but not waste 1/6 of the day there.

If we consider your QoL can only add 10% stress each cycle, and we can achieve enough QoL to satisfy dupes in the first couple job tiers without a rec room, there is no real downside if you want to lock your rec/ portal room early

With regards to transformers and wires....

...are we all forgetting that Overload is determined based on current draw, not power present?  It doesn't matter how much power the Transformer is moving, as long as the combined wattage of all devices is less than the overload limit of the Wire being used.  You could rack up a dozen of the now 4 kW Transformers to a single circuit of standard 1 kW Wire, as long as you have less than 1 kW of devices actively running on that wire you have no problem.

• Like 1

Just now, PhailRaptor said:

You could rack up a dozen of the now 4 kW Transformers to a single circuit of standard 1 kW Wire, as long as you have less than 1 kW of devices actively running on that wire you have no problem.

Thats my problem with the new 4kw integrated battery:

You could build a "battery" out of a couple transformers and even use the generated thermal energy

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Let me take a wild guess. They are implementing 4kW wires next. Insulated wire (refined metal + plastic).

Seems very likely. Also a good idea, since the existing wire-system is a bit incomplete at this time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If we consider your QoL can only add 10% stress each cycle, and we can achieve enough QoL to satisfy dupes in the first couple job tiers without a rec room, there is no real downside if you want to lock your rec/ portal room early

Early game stress can be high but seems worth it by early mid game (before snazzy suits but rooms built and better food production going.)

On 7/18/2018 at 4:07 PM, Cheerio said:
  • Dupes will now perform work chores during break time if they are unable to reach any break time activities so they should no longer get stuck if some sand falls between them and the break room.

I had some Dupes dig themselves into a hole today, then their break time hit. They just stood around, even though there was tile they could build to get out (the debris piles around them included the appropriate material). There was also more digging they could have done, but they still stopped at break time and did nothing because the break room was out of reach.

I hit Red Alert to see if that would help, and then they started building again. Is that how this is intended to work?