Where did everybody go?

Last year the Forge was released. Yes, I know, thrilling. And there was an animation made for it. More stunning breakthroughs. And the exact same with the Gorge, blah blah blah. However, when I was looking through the Gorge trailer for funny frames, I noticed something. 

The Forge trailer stars: Wilson, Willow, Wickerbottom, Wendy, Wigfrid, and Wolfgang.

The Gorge trailer stars: Wilson, Wickerbottom, and Wendy.

So where the hell did everybody go?

Maybe Pugna got angry and demanded a rematch, after only three of them made it out. Or perhaps Charlie decided to have a little fun and dump them in Gate Realm #3. (4-person event next time with Wilson, maybe? After all, it's basically a rule that unless that particular piece of DS/DST content specifically focuses on another character, it's pretty much guaranteed to have Wilson in it.)

13 minutes ago, SpikeGuy said:

Maybe Pugna got angry and demanded a rematch, after only three of them made it out. Or perhaps Charlie decided to have a little fun and dump them in Gate Realm #3. (4-person event next time with Wilson, maybe? After all, it's basically a rule that unless that particular piece of DS/DST content specifically focuses on another character, it's pretty much guaranteed to have Wilson in it.)

Wilson is apparent in all possible realities, and his light shall shine on for all time. Just like Jimmy Hendrix.

Spoiler

Sorry, inside joke nobody will get.

28 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I mean, hey.  It's Don't Starve.  Weird pocket dimensions are kind of its thing.  :)

Spoiler

image.png.ce6e5af53722a6e788760a0e7ee28a76.png

1 minute ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Chef Gordon eliminated them from the competition

This thread has slowly turned into a breeding ground for memes.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

The Gorge is 3-Player limited event. Hence the Wilson and other-not-so-lore-friendly-characters.

1 hour ago, SavageLemon said:

Yeah it confirm by dev to be third man game event.

But why is it a three player event? Whats the reason in-game? The mystery deepens.

Probably because of the problems having more players caused. Having 5 players that harder than having only 3 because you can't always play at the same time or if having a new random player that might not want to listen.

It might be possible to play with only 2 players and win but that would probably be a lot harder than 5 instead of 6 in the forge.

24 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

It might be possible to play with only 2 players and win but that would probably be a lot harder than 5 instead of 6 in the forge.

I'd assume it's probably only a matter of time till there is a solo run. Remember, in the beginning people of 6 were struggling in the forge, in the end there were two player runs with good strategies. (1/3 of the max player count.)

Ooops.

What I believe:

I think something happened and that the others were teleported to another world, similar to how SG-1 traveled to their base with the help of a device called Stargate while Jack and Samantha got to another Stargate. Both groups went into the same wormhole but something happened and Jack and Samantha was teleported to another Stargate.

Another possibility is that the gate closed too early.

Or that the others stayed.

17 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

I think something happened and that the others were teleported to another world, similar to how SG-1 traveled to their base with the help of a device called Stargate while Jack and Samantha got to another Stargate. Both groups went into the same wormhole but something happened and Jack and Samantha was teleported to another Stargate.

Perhaps the others will star in event 3?

2 hours ago, glommerhugger said:

I'm just hoping that Webber is spotlighted for one of the events. While he does get most of the crap for being the new player's choice character, I love his design and his naive charm. One of my favorites by far, and hopefully he'll get some better skins.

Maybe Webber might get a bit more focus in the same cinematic scene where, back at the Constant, Maxwell tries to put together a search party, but can't manage to get everyone on board due to PR issues. But I can imagine Webber being willing to join out of concern for his friends, and because he alone was both there when they fought the Fuelweaver and didn't join the portal-hopping party (giving him a better idea than some others about what they're facing).

Archived