Showcase for tidy bases [2]

7 hours ago, fimmatek said:

That Forge area is amazing, great job! 

Thanks! I guess there must be better Forge concept area  :)

3 hours ago, disies said:

Wow. These are amazing.. Lots of inspiration here. Thanks for showing!

So glad it can be inspiration!

1 hour ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Very nice work, @Altari! Just one thing: maybe remove the spoiler tag hiding your beautiful printscreens?! I for one almost glossed over your post because they were hidden - even if this way would mean a bit of scrolling for visitors, don't think anyone would complain, really ;)  Cheers and do post more if you have!

Well that's exactly what I concerned! thanks for your opinion and I'll change form little bit

28 minutes ago, DatShadowJK said:

@disies Does making a Wes Shrine inside of a Tallbird shrine inside of a Wes Shrine count?

Don't ask

I'd love to see that ;D

No, seriously, everything that shows effort and some creativity is welcome

5aa33f3c037ab_ScreenShot2018-03-10at1_11_39pm.thumb.png.2594f6522ce50304ecdc7cff10cefed1.png

things didn't go as.. planned

Well, when things don't go as planned, spawn maybe one, two, twenty deerclops'

5aa340671cbd6_ScreenShot2018-03-10at1_16_00pm.thumb.png.cbc9d55d1721c4742cb1ccc2f2893ef2.png

And then bathe

'Yeah I know right, what a tidy base'

But seriously, it would have been alot greater of the tallbois didn't have superpowers to hit through walls

(I'm so sorry @Auth)

1 hour ago, Auth said:

Nothing can forgive the sins you've comitted

but then the deerclops you see, i spawned one in and the birbs destroyed it in a matter of seconds

also J.K is my initials i am offended why do you think my JK means just kidding all the time

lets stop derailing

So I was tinkering around with some base designs, and I decided to create one with a sanity station as the centerpiece.

Maybe not the most efficient placement of flingomatics, but it keeps the base compact, and all the firepits are outside their range.

yLwBaB9.jpg

Nighttime scene. It looks really ominous with the thulecite walls enveloping the pitch darkness.

cs9FgIK.png

You can see the sanity station at night with the endothermic firepits lit up.

IjBEu8M.jpg

If you were wondering, the black and red carpets are from the Turfed! mod.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:34 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Hmm...now that I look over my pictures for the last few months...it seems practically all of them have been of events or random scenes I thought were interesting/funny/cute/cool-looking...and hardly any actual bases!  It seems I haven't really built a decent one since my worlds that I can't get into anymore.  Huh.

So in lieu of anything fancy, enjoy this picture of a minimalistic-but-functional base with all the fluffy things apparently trying to cram themselves into the same spot.  : P  (Considering I put the seasons on totally random and actually started in SUMMER...it's amazing I was even still alive!  I had to build an endo firepit _before_ a normal one.  That was a trip.)

There was more to the base than this (you can see the corner of one of my drying racks in the corner there); I just took this closeup shot because it was adorable.  Oh, and the eggplant IS meant to be there.  It is turning into useful rot.

fluffythings.png.19e645788fc8f3ae0046a23d76fb3c5b.png

I swear, that catcoon had a crush on Chester or something.  Kept "happening" to walk against him all night...multiple times.  XD

...Notorious

Omg...I’m...I’m in love <3 fluffy overload 

They're SO CUTE. That catcoon lived practically _in_ the base, so it kept wandering in all the time.  I also found out that if you plant birch trees, it's a good way to lure catcoons over--one time, I had one as my "shelter tree" right near the firepit and I had kitties POUNCE!ing next to me like every single night.  XD

Let's see, do I have an actual relevant picture to show, hmmm...

Well, here's Starvania 2.0 as it looks currently:

dstcivday204updatedstarvania.png.e3b3ff1941b35dd652f1f611313fca6f.png

...ish. This picture is in fall but it's spring there right now, and Mama Goose has seen fit to lay her egg IN MY FREAKING BASE and destroy almost half my walls along the way.  But I get something out of it by making her fight hounds.  It's a mutually antagonistic symbiosis.  : P  But needless to say the base doesn't exactly count as TIDY right this second...

(Why are so many things still not here yet, like a fridge, at past day 200?  Challenge.  :))

Barrel, different crockpot, wardrobe, and birds from mods.

...Notorious

On 29/03/2018 at 3:40 AM, KoreanWaffles said:

So I was tinkering around with some base designs, and I decided to create one with a sanity station as the centerpiece.

Maybe not the most efficient placement of flingomatics, but it keeps the base compact, and all the firepits are outside their range.

yLwBaB9.jpg

Nighttime scene. It looks really ominous with the thulecite walls enveloping the pitch darkness.

cs9FgIK.png

You can see the sanity station at night with the endothermic firepits lit up.

IjBEu8M.jpg

If you were wondering, the black and red carpets are from the Turfed! mod.

I Wonder what that creative mode is doing there..Perhaps you made this base just for showcase? You better explain yourself,Boy!

I Just re-read your post,Apparently I'm blind and i didn't know :p

A new experiment, Wilds/Cave base model I made on a group's dedicated Endless server during previous week (atm of this post), can say am fairly satisfied with end result for its context (08.04.2018):

global_view

core_detail

map_view

More prtscrn details in spoiler below:

Spoiler

detail_1

detail_2

detail_3

35 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Is the bee box any use down there?

My prtscr ones can be of use only if players are away from them for long periods of time and boxes go into what's called "simplified model of Honey production" (unloaded mobs mode). Otherwise, because of Light Plants proximity and my frequent Dwarf Stars and Polar Lights, bees go out aimlessly (and of course are a bit of a problem in Spring), yet produce no honey at all.

There is one more (costly) strategy - I for one haven't test it enough to be conclusive - by always having a Dwarf Star on close to planted flowers in areas without shafts of natural light: to prevent their withering (not the case in my prtscr, haven't bothered with planting flowers). Then bees go out, pollinate normally, and honey is produced at normal standards even in Ruins for example.

20 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:
53 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Is the bee box any use down there?

My prtscr ones can be of use only if players are away from them for long periods of time and boxes go into what's called "simplified model of Honey production" (unloaded mobs mode). Otherwise, because of Light Plants proximity and my frequent Dwarf Stars and Polar Lights, bees go out aimlessly (and of course are a bit of a problem in Spring), yet produce no honey at all.

There is one more (costly) strategy - I for one haven't test it enough to be conclusive - by always having a Dwarf Star on close to planted flowers in areas without shafts of natural light: to prevent their withering (not the case in my prtscr, haven't bothered with planting flowers). Then bees go out, pollinate normally, and honey is produced at normal standards even in Ruins for example.

I heared once that you can use fireflies to give light for the flowers, I think this might be the best solution once set up. I haven't tested it yet tho, so I'm not sure if it really works and how many of these bugs are needed for enough flowers.

Archived