Showcase for tidy bases [2]

Since the first one is archived I wanted to open up a new one. I'm also already busy planning new projects and want to rebuild my base a third time. I drew out the layout for my new base and have some other plans.

Also, here is the old one for everyone to take a look. There are a lot of creative bases and projects, so it's worth visiting:

My "Stuff 'n' Things 3" personal server's caves/Sunken Forest pseudo-megabase project (24.10.2017):

Spoiler

Panoramic view 1:Stuff_n_Things_3-1

Panoramic view 2:Stuff_n_Things_3-2

Panoramic view 3:Stuff_n_Things_3-3

Map view:Stuff_n_Things_3-4

A.. cafeteria?!Stuff_n_Things_3-5

Decent Bee hives area:Stuff_n_Things_3-6

Rock Lobsters' pen or A-W.D.S. (Anti-worms defense system) via Bush Hat or Snurtle Shell Armor for added trololol factor:Stuff_n_Things_3-7

The A.B.D.U. (Automatic Bunnymen Disposal Unit):Stuff_n_Things_3-8

Stuff_n_Things_3-9

Pigs pen and their ..king's statue *wink*Stuff_n_Things_3-10

Functional core:Stuff_n_Things_3-11

Again many fun experiments, also many mistakes; project never finished, server deleted because of some update error. Plus some server-side mods - More Sculptures, Storeroom, Trash Can, and Path Lights. Previewed here.

Btw, too bad your past thread, @disies, for tidy bases was closed, some topics should remain open just by the virtue of their on-going required posting/updates, at least that's my view on said matter. Cheers!

HAHA!  Ohmygod, the picture in the thumbnail is MY base, for some reason!  XD  I remember that!  I took that picture last Winter's Feast.  Unfortunately the world it was on no longer exists, but I'll make a new "Starving in a Winter Wonderland" when holiday time rolls around again.  :)

Edit:  WOW, Xxversusxy.  I could never, ever build something that organised and HUGE.  Heck, I doubt I could remember where everything was if I _did_ build it!  But man, that is gorgeous, and hats off to all of you who CAN make that kind of thing.

...Notorious

Hmm...now that I look over my pictures for the last few months...it seems practically all of them have been of events or random scenes I thought were interesting/funny/cute/cool-looking...and hardly any actual bases!  It seems I haven't really built a decent one since my worlds that I can't get into anymore.  Huh.

So in lieu of anything fancy, enjoy this picture of a minimalistic-but-functional base with all the fluffy things apparently trying to cram themselves into the same spot.  : P  (Considering I put the seasons on totally random and actually started in SUMMER...it's amazing I was even still alive!  I had to build an endo firepit _before_ a normal one.  That was a trip.)

There was more to the base than this (you can see the corner of one of my drying racks in the corner there); I just took this closeup shot because it was adorable.  Oh, and the eggplant IS meant to be there.  It is turning into useful rot.

fluffythings.png.19e645788fc8f3ae0046a23d76fb3c5b.png

I swear, that catcoon had a crush on Chester or something.  Kept "happening" to walk against him all night...multiple times.  XD

...Notorious

Here's an album of my base designed for solo play: https://imgur.com/a/k4UgT

I do have a base on the surface that I'll frequent during certain seasons, but generally I live in the caves because the sinkhole is RIGHT next to my surface base and is guarded by pigs for free monster meat/guano/bat wings every dusk. It's just how I roll. 

Next thing I'm doing is making a hybrid Bee Queen/Bunnyman/Krampus farm using the 'ol Flingo and a Starcaller's Staff, will post an update on that.

I was JUST visiting the first base topic for inspiration not even a week ago! I'm glad to see this is back. ^^

I'm having fun on this server testing various mods.

Main area [Defaults festive mod, API skins, Shipwrecked shelter that doesn't actually work]

nq1ck57w.jpg

My bee area [Plant flowers closer].. Here you can see how many times I killed Bee Queen and got her ornament! :mad:

kaz0xvdfm.jpg

Spiderfarm finally finished! [Pvp Turf and Marble Walls, personally not a fan of the turf, probably gonna enable Turfed again and change that up soon]

ulhg3570.jpg

Cool stuff--I'd be scared to go anywhere near that bee area though, especially in spring.  It looks gorgeous, but soo...many...BEEESSS... (You can ask Deerclops about that; I killed him off via bee recently.)

I've got another decentish cute-little-base set up now on a crazy multi-biome world, but it still needs one more thing to really look right in this season:  A FREAKING WINTER'S FEAST TREE!  C'mon already, guys! 

(Well, I mean, there's obviously lots of other things I could add, but just to make the main "living area" look symmetrical and cute...)

...Notorious

Well, looks like I won't be able to show my Multilands base with a lovely Winter's Feast tree to fill out the (living area) look...BECAUSE of the Feast update itself, ironically.  (But at least I still have Winona's Tree Emporium, in the desert world.)  So, this is the best I can do for now, since I can't get back into the Megarandom world and improve things:

megarandombase.png.36fe37f2b4b8332a4632564dea5638b0.png

Obviously there are some mods at work here (HELLO, PALM TREES!) but I just thought it was pretty.  There are clumps of marble trees at each corner; you just can't see the others from here, and the Winter's Feast tree was totally gonna go where the bird trap is. Drat! (snaps fingers)

I have a twig farm, but where are my grass and berry ones? asked no one at all.  The answer is I don't have or even NEED to do that.  I live in the corner of a forest, a savannah, and a meadow, and there are two ponds-with-berry-bush-clumps right near me and if I really need to, I can take a little trip to the pigs to the northeast to steal THEIR berries as well.  Grass?  Well...savannah and meadow.  Done.  Why should I put everything in one place and risk ALL of it being taken out by a random wildfire or lighting bolt, or disease...when I can leave it where it is and it automatlcally regenerates _and_ stays healthy?  (The saplings were harder to find at first though, so _those_ I started gathering).

It's the hippie/practical/lazy approach to farming--aka, still partly hunter-gathering.  XD

...Notorious

@Sinister_Fang I'm sure you could. The good thing is you get better everytime you try. I've gathered inspiration from other people and thought about what I didn't like about my old base. Drew out a quick sketch and tried to build it. What I learned this time is that I should first place the turf then most structures and then fences and walls. Otherwise the placing is off and the turf reaches in to the parts right next to it.

No biggie, @disies, glad to have helped, and also had a lot of fun doing so (oh, that Misery Toad summer madness, heh!).

Here's my defunct (also deleted) personal server "Stuff 'n' Things 4: Harsh Challenge" (all things set on "Less", just giants on "More" plus the Winter's Feast event enabled - but this world had a regrowth problem) with yet again another caves/Sunken Forest main base (12.12.2017):

Spoiler

Panoramic view 1:

Harsh_Cave_Base1

Panoramic view 2:

Harsh_Cave_Base2

Small kitchen/cafeteria:

Harsh_Cave_Base3

"Diablo" themed teleport area and farms:

Harsh_Cave_Base4

Panoramic view 3:

Harsh_Cave_Base5

Panoramic view 4:

Harsh_Cave_Base6

Reanimated Skeleton fighting-practice area:

Harsh_Cave_Base7

Depths Worms disposal area:

Harsh_Cave_Base8

Main Cave base map view:

Harsh_Cave_Base9

Caves global map view:

Harsh_Cave_Base10

Server-side mods used: More Sculptures, Storeroom, Trash Can, Path Lights.

I have an update on my cave base!

Money Shot:

GWtus9q.png

Opposite side: 

ACklUQl.png

My kitchen:

vxZrITL.png

Christmas is OVER:

FnzWiQs.png

Rainbow Road at Night: 

ExnIhQ1.png

And to top it all off, where the Rainbow Road leads...

W5oujLd.png

Sorry if last picture is blurry, light flowers are currently wilted so I pulled this one from Discord. 

I made this base as a prototype for a base I was planning to make on a public server. I tried to make the base as small and cozy as possible; simple but elegant. I think the Glowcaps really nailed it.

Normally, the Scaled Flooring would take priority over the Checkerboard Flooring, but the server had the Turfed! mod installed which tweaks the turf priorities a bit. I'm also standing on a Bearger Carpet.

Panoramic
RbnM9FW.jpg

Close-up
7LexjAk.jpg

Night Time
RYLUTzE.jpg

On 12/13/2017 at 3:06 PM, xxVERSUSxy said:

My "Stuff 'n' Things 3" personal server's caves/Sunken Forest pseudo-megabase project (24.10.2017):Stuff_n_Things_3-1

Never seen those cherub statues before. Just going to assume they are mods.

On 12/17/2017 at 1:00 AM, Paxtonnnn said:

cE9vCRJ.png

#edgyrickmemes

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

#edgyrickmemes

IF YOU MENTION THAT NAME ONE MORE TIME, I WILL MURDER YOU ALIVE.

And reading this topic is making me long for a world where I bother to play past the first season, and don't just join a public server because of the feeling of immense loneliness you get when you have no friends to play with.

4 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

@minespatch Indeed is a mod, the More Sculptures one. Adds, via Potter's Wheel, some fixed-in-place nice sculptures (actually are mostly the ones you find in marble set pieces over the world).

Thanks so much. The cherub/harp statue looks way more happier than the hidden head ever did.

3 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

IF YOU MENTION THAT NAME ONE MORE TIME, I WILL MURDER YOU ALIVE.

Sorry.58018f89bb3a5_arielIDfacecopy.png.e6064c7882745f0532d81219e1a3a7d4.png

That is so gorgeous...and so full of materials and items I'm not good enough of a player to get.  : P  (At least alone, which is how I most often play.)

Speaking of alone, I almost completely forgot this screenshot I had lurking in a folder somewhere!  Man, this is an oldie:

willowswinterfell.png.e05500de7f97f7f57d699974c13b75af.png

The reason this is "speaking of alone", is that this is technically from regular Don't Starve, not Together.  Heck, this isn't just original flavour, it's VANILLA.  That's why I have all this burnable stuff together and no fling--fire hounds don't burn down absolutely everything, and there are no wildfires.

That said, this is kind of a historical picture for me as it's the first time I made it past Day 100. YAAAAYY!  It's always a special occasion, the first time a new Starver makes it into the triple digits*.  (wipes tear from eye)  I'd like to thank my mom, the Academy, and the tribal pigs down the road who were JUST close enough to lure hounds to conveniently, but JUST far enough away not to attack me at random.  ;)  (Heck, this was so early in my Not-Starving career, I didn't know whether you actually COULD safely dismantle the previous science/magic machines when you got the next one, or not.  Hence why they're all here.  : P)  But HEY LOOK IT'S SHADOW CHESTER! (also my first time)

I think this was also the game where I had my favourite Willow Tale ever--when I set an entire HUGE forest on fire just to keep warm in the winter (heck, might've even been the same winter shown in this picture) because I forgot to bring my warming gear along...and just RAN THROUGH THE FLAMES LAUGHING**.  I love oldschool Willow.  :D

...Notorious

*The other (time-related) milestones before that being:  first night, first hound wave, first winter, and first whole year--bonus points if it's an RoG or Shipwrecked year.  Yay.

**Well, _I_ was laughing, not Willow.  Obviously she couldn't have, since singleplayer doesn't have emotes.  : P

Archived