Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

The Curator

Charlie's Sister [Spoilers]

Fruerte    899

O-kay, finally did some catching up. Did some headcanon cleaning, but nothing overly reconstructive.

On 4/8/2017 at 5:12 AM, Arlesienne said:

Scream, scream, scream and run away!

Two walruses with darts and hounds
Chess pieces of marble and gears
Things worsen and worsen, a tall, dapper person
Lights his cigar and sneers...

On 4/8/2017 at 5:12 AM, Arlesienne said:

Asking for help with fuel is flirting...?

That's humans alright, the character isn't even introduced to the stage properly, and they are already holding sexuality debates and preparing to leave the harbour on their ships...

On 4/8/2017 at 5:14 AM, jantonio said:

I ship them already.

Ah, and here it is.

KilliasK    102
On 3/29/2017 at 1:29 AM, The Curator said:

ANNOUNCE_CHARLIE = "Charlie? Is that you?",
    ANNOUNCE_CHARLIE_MISSED = "Ha! I know all your moves!", --Winona gets one free hit from Charlie
    ANNOUNCE_CHARLIE_ATTACK = "Yeow! Quit it!",

Sibling rivalry. The fact she even knows it's Charlie would suggest she has already received a briefing on the current plot in some manner. Or, somebody made a mistake and gave her dialogue on something she should not know.

She knows Maxwell and everyone else knows about Charlie. It shouldn't be a surprise that she would become aware of Charlie's presence.

mikesdaman    1100

If the mandrake quote wasn't enough already, we can confirm that Winona is, in fact, the big sister.

Spoiler

BUGNET = "Just like vacations at the cabin."

From the William Carter Puzzles:

Max, 
Where are you? I haven't heard from you in days! I stopped by your place, so I've got your props and costume for the show. I'll see you at the theatre tonight, I hope?
We need to talk about your... Study room. There's some creepy stuff going on in there! Maybe when this run is over we can take a little break? My sister said we could use the family cabin up in BC if we want to get away
XO, 
Charlie

Also as a side note, Winona could also have been a factory worker/miner during the great depression, based on her dialogue for the crock pot.

Spoiler

COOKPOT =

{ COOKING_LONG = "Still got a bit of a wait.",

COOKING_SHORT = "Almost!",

DONE = "Soup's on!", EMPTY = "I make a mean Hoover Stew.",

BURNT = "You guys like charcoal flavor, right?",

minespatch    88690
47 minutes ago, mikesdaman said:

Also as a side note, Winona could also have been a factory worker/miner during the great depression, based on her dialogue for the crock pot.

If Wilson was grabbed in 1920, how many years have passed...?

GuyNamedChris    13595
7 hours ago, minespatch said:

If Wilson was grabbed in 1920, how many years have passed...?

I wanna say around a decade, since the Great Depression didn't start 'till around 1929. That's around when all these Hoovervilles, Hoover Stews, etc. came about, which Winona references in " EMPTY = "I make a mean Hoover Stew."," So it can be confirmed that time is definitely passing outside Their world, but we don't know if it's linear or slower since an entire DS year is around 70+ days compared to 365.

AnonymousKoala    3637
28 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

I wanna say around a decade, since the Great Depression didn't start 'till around 1929. That's around when all these Hoovervilles, Hoover Stews, etc. came about, which Winona references in " EMPTY = "I make a mean Hoover Stew."," So it can be confirmed that time is definitely passing outside Their world, but we don't know if it's linear or slower since an entire DS year is around 70+ days compared to 365.

Maxwell says time moves differently there. And iirc in the time that passed irl from when he was taken and until Wilson came along, in the real world, Maxwell wouldn't be old enough to die the moment time catches up to him. However in the DS world he was. 

Botaxalim    95

remember JUNE ONE 0 = june 10 on mural picture site
probably revealed on that 
1. winona or
2.new ancient collection skins or
3. new story after charlie reign end

RadiantRoma    386

Not many people talk about how time works in DS! They say things can't match up because the game is set in 1906 or whatever, and so and so wasn't invented until 1940s-so and so. But what if time doesn't pass in the real world when it does in DST? Or the other way around! Time could pass much faster in the real world than it does in DST, so maybe Winona could have found the portal ten years later, but for everyone in DST, they've only been trapped for 1 year. 

So basically, time doesn't matter and any headcanons are a go.

Cyberboy2000    660

54 minutes ago, Cherryzion said:

Not many people talk about how time works in DS! They say things can't match up because the game is set in 1906 or whatever, and so and so wasn't invented until 1940s-so and so. But what if time doesn't pass in the real world when it does in DST? Or the other way around! Time could pass much faster in the real world than it does in DST, so maybe Winona could have found the portal ten years later, but for everyone in DST, they've only been trapped for 1 year. 

So basically, time doesn't matter and any headcanons are a go.

There's litererally a quote from Maxwell that is "What year is it out there? Time moves differently here." so I don't know how someone could not know this as long as they did their research.

Sarsapiri    133
On 4/13/2017 at 1:29 PM, Botaxalim said:

remember JUNE ONE 0 = june 10 on mural picture site
probably revealed on that 
1. winona or
2.new ancient collection skins or
3. new story after charlie reign end

It is more likely that it involves June first, as June first is a Thursday, which could mean that either Winona or the ancient collection is revealed/released on/after that Thursday's rhymes with play stream.

Zeklo    20418
11 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

I think it's just Webber giving something to antlion

The audio, not the image.

Zeklo    20418
6 hours ago, __orange said:

He just repeat the question "Ninjanemo : Can you draw Winona please?" in chat board.

Still nothing new.

It's how they said it and their facial expressions. When the guy who had never been on stream brought it up all light hearted the other dude quickly responded with "Who's that?" Then the other dude repeated it without the light hearted, and changed the topic.

Astroknot    494

ANNOUNCE_CANFIX = "\nIt'd be a pleasure to fix it.",

Does this have to do with Winona at all? Or is this just a general unused quote? This was in Winona's speech files, I'm wondering whether or not it has to do with her, as of now unrevealed, perks.