Charlie's Sister [Spoilers]

4 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

What I imagine Winona is like:

Apparently, releasing the pressure limits requires her to take off her jacket for a gratuitous shot of her flexing in a tiny tanktop that largely highlights her chest.

Let's hope Winona is not like this, really hard to play a game when in a constant state of cringe paralysis.

5 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Apparently, releasing the pressure limits requires her to take off her jacket for a gratuitous shot of her flexing in a tiny tanktop that largely highlights her chest.

Let's hope Winona is not like this, really hard to play a game when in a constant state of cringe paralysis.

Take the fun out of it why dont'cha?

Anyway, generally I also imagine Winona to be physically strong and be relatively toned (I know the game won't actually show that) especially since she worked in a place that would require heavy lifting. Most likely she'd have a combat advantage as well as an advantage in crafting items that require gears.

2 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Take the fun out of it why dont'cha?

Anyway, generally I also imagine Winona to be physically strong and be relatively toned (I know the game won't actually show that) especially since she worked in a place that would require heavy lifting. 

Whole point of factories is that they use machines to compensate, and this all takes place during the early 1900s. Unless Winona was a very special exception, it is highly unlikely that she would have been accepted as a physical worker. She probably spent most of her time sitting at a table or standing beside a machine doing something the current generation would have accepted more as appropriate women's work. That would not stop her from still acquiring mannerisms and slang native to the factory workplace.

38 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Whole point of factories is that they use machines to compensate, and this all takes place during the early 1900s. Unless Winona was a very special exception, it is highly unlikely that she would have been accepted as a physical worker. She probably spent most of her time sitting at a table or standing beside a machine doing something the current generation would have accepted more as appropriate women's work. That would not stop her from still acquiring mannerisms and slang native to the factory workplace.

Hmmm yes... one would imagine women working the assembly line as opposed to carrying sacks of cement or carrying crates... though yes, women working in factories around that time would be viewed as a bit more masculine than other women...

250px-We_Can_Do_It%21.jpg

But I guess most of the sentiment and imagery came from the "We can do it!" poster that was used to inspire female factory workers to work harder (then was re-purposed for the war efforts in 1943). Though chronologically speaking, this was created around 1943 around long after the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906... though we can't discount that this would be the basis for Winona giving her "butch" persona a bit more weight...

1 hour ago, Quoth143 said:

Anyway, generally I also imagine Winona to be physically strong and be relatively toned (I know the game won't actually show that)

...Wigfrid.

Also I know being related Charlie probably doesn't affect your physical features too much but have you seen Charlie? She's more of a model than fitness trainer. We also already have a few characters that are combat oriented, I don't think Klei wants backlash for making another sub-par combat character that gets out classed by Wolfgang.

But hey nothing wrong with having head canons or imagining what she might look like. ;)

Not so much "butch" but just light tomboy elements.

Mostly comes from her use of various slang picked up from her lifestyle which makes her sound more masculine by comparison to average female dialogue. And not talking with the more stereotypical introvert female behaviors. Her actual personality does not seem very masculine, just she does not behave blatantly like a woman.

30 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

I'm really loving Winona's speech! If she's not just a prank then I'm going to main her even if she's 10x as op as Wes is!!!

All there is so far is she gets one free hit from Charlie, which is mostly useless, and she has some sort of mending tape item. Which based on Wigfrid's dialogue likely repairs equipment. Somehow.

Still would be more enjoyable if she could befriend or construct clockworks, and the mending tape is for them.

5 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

...Wigfrid.

Also I know being related Charlie probably doesn't affect your physical features too much but have you seen Charlie? She's more of a model than fitness trainer. We also already have a few characters that are combat oriented, I don't think Klei wants backlash for making another sub-par combat character that gets out classed by Wolfgang.

But hey nothing wrong with having head canons or imagining what she might look like. ;)

WATHGRITHR = 
        {
            GENERIC = "Hey! Arm wrestle rematch later, %s?"

She seems strong to me u.u

6 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Everybody versus Wolfgang would be more appropriate.

Or.

Half of everybody versus Wigfrid.

Tbh Wicker would win all arm wrestle matches. Nobody would want to hurt granny's feelings.

11 minutes ago, MatheusR31 said:

WATHGRITHR = 
        {
            GENERIC = "Hey! Arm wrestle rematch later, %s?"

She seems strong to me u.u

9 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Seems less stronger than Wigfrid to me, if she's asking for a rematch. ^.^

Well, the fact that she challenged Wigfrid, a tough female character in the first place makes her seem more tomboyish, if not "butch" (k)

2 minutes ago, MatheusR31 said:

Tbh Wicker would win all arm wrestle matches. Nobody would want to hurt granny's feelings.

inb4 Wicker spawns a tentacle and uses that to arm wrestle...

3 minutes ago, MatheusR31 said:

I didn't mean to create a debate out of that, I was just messing with you, sorry ;-;

I didn't mean that in a rude way I just felt it was just the same as arguing who has the bigger breasts in the game.

And I wasn't mad either. =p 

Could this be Charlie's first victim to be lured/kidnapped into dst world? I mean if she wanted or needed more people inside, and had a grudge on her sister, then its understandable she's the first target.

Or maybe the human and emotional side that charlie still has, just missed her big sister.

3 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I didn't mean that in a rude way I just felt it was just the same as arguing who has the bigger breasts in the game.

And I wasn't mad either. =p 

Thanks for clarifying that, sorry for being sorry and sorry for not being sorry anymore

Archived