Charlie's Sister [Spoilers]

1 hour ago, Sudura2017 said:

Rather, her quote for the Type2 Marble Statue, aka Shepherdess Winnie is "We thought she had disappeared." Seems to me like Winnie actually became Wigfrid, almost.

TYPE2 = "We thought she'd disappeared.",
            TYPE1 = "This is too strange.",

That's a completely valid interpretation, though I think it's more likely to refer Charlie having disappeared. As sisters, Winona was by far the tougher of the two, with Charlie being described as meek and scared of the dark. From her perspective she sees her and her sister in the statues, even finding the statue of herself to be rather unsettling. This of course is just her perspective, whereas the manifestation of the statues in the world most likely is the direct expression of Charlie's current duality. I honestly think that all three interpretations are simultaneously true. 

Winnie is a nickname for Winona, as well as Winifred (I.e. Wigfrid). I feel like that's no accident. 

26 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

If we are talking about relations between Winnie and Wigfrid, I bet they are the same person. We know Wigfrid is an actor, so what if it is the same actor acting out different parts?

Oh my gosh I love that theory...

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

Alright. It's Imbecile Day. If this was a warped joke then by the warped logic of this holiday, they should announce that it was some time before it ends.

Or they put the strings in a few days too early and messed up their April Fools joke... I'd imagine they might pretend it never happened in that case.

9 hours ago, Tosh said:

Or they put the strings in a few days too early and messed up their April Fools joke... I'd imagine they might pretend it never happened in that case.

Then the real April Fools joke would be they suck. Which is a double meaning, because, they suck for making that error; and they suck for trying to make that kind of joke.

Either way, just waiting for the damn beta to end so sitting and Summer giants are a thing. Winona would be awesome but so be it.

19 hours ago, Tosh said:

hardpotato.png

I'm a bit disappointed everyone's profile pic didn't change to JanH's.

WX78 = 
        {
            GENERIC = "C'mon, %s! Justa lil peek under the hood!",
            ATTACKER = "Yeesh. They're on the fritz again.",
            MURDERER = "I'm gonna reset you to factory standards, bot.",
            REVIVER = "Ha! This bucket'o'bolts has feelings after all!",
            GHOST = "Incredible! You gotta tell me how that works, %s!",
            FIRESTARTER = "Your logic lets you set fires, %s? Why?",

8 hours ago, The Curator said:

mighty_b_main.gif

What is happening.

3 hours ago, cookiepersonofdoom said:

what has this form page come to b/c Im not even shere what it is now...

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Oh, just the usual. It's just the Maxwell Memes thread infecting other threads. The best cure is to refrain from posting images and ignoring any symptoms. But that's no fun now is it?

28 minutes ago, jantonio said:

I wonder why they pulled the scripts out so quickly.

I honestly think it was just a mistake. I imagine there are multiple internal dev builds, something like this could easily slip out (especially when Vito is pushing daily updates). Stuff like this happens all the time (e.g. Slipstor, Fumigator). I think the fact that they pulled them so quickly shows that they really didn't want to spoil the surprise/get our hopes up.

On a side note, if they add Winona I hope that they add the Shipwrecked characters in too. So long as they're rebalanced of course! The fact that modders aren't allowed to add skins for them means that there's at least a little hope for this. @Fidooop would know more about this anyway.

Uh, okay... I'm only here as Fid, Aspa and Chris scarred me on the CoC Discord, then I could not share my dog pics when everyone else was invited. Sooo...

On 03/29/2017 at 4:20 PM, Zeklo said:

Ah, so the leak wasn't contained. Oh well, I tried. Anyway here's what I've found interesting.

Hide contents

ABIGAILHEART = "No one should have to lose a sister.",
CAMPFIRE =
{
OUT = "My sister was afraid of the dark.",
},
MANDRAKE_ACTIVE = "This is exactly what having a little sister's like.",

Hide contents

DIVININGROD =
        {
            GENERIC = "That's a Voxola! What's it doing here?",
        },

DIVININGRODBASE =
        {
            READY = "I guess it wants the Voxola? Strange...",
            UNLOCKED = "Is... this how the bossman disappeared?",
        },
        DIVININGRODSTART = "I'm probably one of the few left that knows how to use these.",

The more I read, the more it almost seems almost too good to be true. Connections with Charlie and Wagstaff? Small world I guess. It would make sense that they are entwined with existing lore, but dang. The name Winona even means "firstborn daughter".

I don't see any other character mention this:

Hide contents

UNLOCK =
        {
            WRONGKEY = "Wrong piece.",
        },

Also this is a thing.

Hide contents

Winona

SEWING_TAPE = "That's my trusty mending tape.",

Wilson

SEWING_TAPE = "For making some much needed repairs.",

Wendy

SEWING_TAPE = "It doesn't mend the hole... merely masks it.",

Willow

SEWING_TAPE = "For when you get bored of wrecking stuff.",

Woodie

SEWING_TAPE = "Makes me feel right at home.",

WX

SEWING_KIT = "IT JOINS COMPONENTS OF FIBRE TOGETHER",

Maxwell

SEWING_TAPE = "Alas, the wilderness is tough on a tailor made suit.",

Webber

SEWING_TAPE = "It's sticky, like a web.",

Wickerbottom

SEWING_TAPE = "A high grade adhesive, good for repairs.",

Wolfgang

SEWING_TAPE = "Is sticky and good for mending!",

Wigfrid

SEWING_TAPE = "That my armor might be repaired!",

Voxola and the bossman. Wagstaff, that you?

On 03/30/2017 at 1:59 AM, Tylordian said:

If all goes well, Winona will have Charlies awesome hair.

Can't wait to.

On 03/30/2017 at 3:26 AM, Tylordian said:

What makes you think they will be lesbian?

...?

I kindly beg your pardon? In this game, only beefalos, perds, catcoons, spiders, vargs, ewecus, tallbirds, dragonflies and Glommers reproduce. I have that weird creeping suspicion the point is utterly moot.

On 03/30/2017 at 5:46 AM, MatheusR31 said:

Tbh Wicker would win all arm wrestle matches. Nobody would want to hurt granny's feelings.

Except for the automaton who plays fair and outlasts her due to 15 gears eaten.

On 03/30/2017 at 5:55 AM, GiddyGuy said:

I didn't mean that in a rude way I just felt it was just the same as arguing who has the bigger breasts in the game.

And I wasn't mad either. =p 

...okaaay?

On 03/30/2017 at 5:56 AM, Asparagus said:

Wolfgang

Aspa!!!

On 03/30/2017 at 6:08 AM, MatheusR31 said:

Maybe it's like "Hey guys, this is my sister, I am sad and I want she here now, ok?" but in reality Charlie want to use her sister's enginnering skills to free everyone

Or to have company to ship the transients.

On 03/30/2017 at 7:17 AM, DarithD said:

I wonder how Maxwell feel about this, or his relationship with her, are they gonna argue and Maxwell having a guilt trip?

Teased to death.

On 03/30/2017 at 7:46 AM, Ressayez said:

Seems Maxwell is taking some inspiration from Count Olaf.

Scream, scream, scream and run away!

On 03/30/2017 at 3:42 PM, Tosh said:

If you look at her quotes for the canary, miner's hat and pick/axe you can see that she used to work in a mine before the factory, saying that she 'left that behind her'. That combined with her dislike of orange (aka lazy) gems, and criticisms of sleeping animals show that she's no stranger to hard labour. When talks about the sewing kit, she mentions that her hands are completely calloused. On top of her love of hard work, I would definitely say that her personality is very butch or typically 'masculine'. 

However, this doesn't really say anything of her sexuality. Looking at how she talks about other characters you could interpret her as being flirtatious to different characters if you really wanted: wanting to arm wrestle with Wigfrid; asking Woodie to chop some wood for her. Both of these could be argued as players reading too much into it, and that's fine. I'd imagine it's supposed to be ambiguous and allow players to identify and have their head cannons.

The only thing that I can say for sure is that she wants to shoot electric darts at WX's butt, and seems to have a major dislike of Wilson (seriously though, she suggests feeding him red caps to see if they're poisonous).

Asking for help with fuel is flirting...?

God, I'll never look my married neighbour in the eyes...

On 03/30/2017 at 9:43 PM, Maslak said:

> Get distinguished evening attire
> Put it on your favorite female character/Maxwell
> ???
> Breasts!

As always, Wes Is Best and Max is the best princess.

On 04/02/2017 at 7:08 AM, jantonio said:

WX78 = 
        {
            GENERIC = "C'mon, %s! Justa lil peek under the hood!",
            ATTACKER = "Yeesh. They're on the fritz again.",
            MURDERER = "I'm gonna reset you to factory standards, bot.",
            REVIVER = "Ha! This bucket'o'bolts has feelings after all!",
            GHOST = "Incredible! You gotta tell me how that works, %s!",
            FIRESTARTER = "Your logic lets you set fires, %s? Why?",

She sounds like a stalker with a crush to poor WX.

Archived