Why 86 hits on the Stagehand for End Table Blueprint?

11 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

According to Wikipedia, 1986 was considered the international year of peace by the United Nations... hmm...

Defeating the Shadows? Bargaining? Perhaps Charlie's Shadow and Human sides stop fighting and there is peace between them. Probably not.... Yeah, she's still gonna kill us.

From references of the code I'd be inclined to believe it's code 86- to throw out/get rid of.

Though I'm more of a fan of the idea that someone has a crippling fear of hitting five on a keypad, and instead hit '8' followed by '6' while attempting to overcome it.

10 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

So its not a date, what else could it be?

Is it the year of a developers birth year? The developer who made the end table code? Maybe it's, actually a random number??? No that cannot be, Klei isn't like that, they got a reason for everything, even @nome's memes. Perhaps, it is a number of some significance to Charlie and or Maxwell, the number of survivors Maxwell lead into the world before Wilson? Maybe the number of times Charlie despises Maxwell for what happened to her. 

2 hours ago, MrFurphie said:

@ScottHansen I must ask, will we be notified if we "hit the winning shot?"

data/scripts/stategraphs/SGstagehand.lua:12-12::

-- it now takes 86 hits, instead of work done, in order to '86' the blueprint

"86" - slang - "to refuse to serve (a customer); also: to get rid of: throw out" - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/86

In this case it's using it to "throw out" the blueprint.

24 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

@MrFurphie 

@CarlZalph found it. Also, we Charlie wanted it to use up a full hammer so hammering would appear to be pointless, making it hidden content for most players.

39 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

data/scripts/stategraphs/SGstagehand.lua:12-12::

-- it now takes 86 hits, instead of work done, in order to '86' the blueprint

"86" - slang - "to refuse to serve (a customer); also: to get rid of: throw out" - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/86

In this case it's using it to "throw out" the blueprint.

Huh, wow, learning. Now that I've learned something that I will utilize for every other use of 86, what about adventure mode? *Cough's to death*

Archived