[Game Update] - A New Reign: Part 2 (198035)

New skins

Spoiler

New colours for old skins

Spoiler

"Patchwork Quilt" (bedroll_furry_quilt_blue_frost)
"Jammie Shirt" (body_pj_blue_agean)
"Jammie Pants" (legs_pj_blue_agean)
"Nightgown" (body_sleepgown_purple_lavender)

Chest

Spoiler

"Carpet Bag" (treasurechest_carpetbag)
"Treasured Chest" (treasurechest_posh)
"Steamer Trunk" (treasurechest_steamertrunk)
"Train Case" (treasurechest_traincase)
"Traveller's Trunk" (treasurechest_traveltrunk)

Endtable

Spoiler

"Austere Endtable" (endtable_carpetbag)
"Dragonfly Endtable" (endtable_dragonfly)
"Antique Endtable" (endtable_vintage

Pets

Spoiler

"Wyvernling" (dragonling_wyvern)
"Bearded Dragon" (glomling_beardeddragon)

The Beeyonet has been renamed to Bumble Spear.

Bonus:

Spoiler

There are two "Rewards", related to other skins.

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

New skins

Reveal hidden contents

New colours for old skins

Hide contents

"Patchwork Quilt" (bedroll_furry_quilt_blue_frost)
"Jammie Shirt" (body_pj_blue_agean)
"Jammie Pants" (legs_pj_blue_agean)
"Nightgown" (body_sleepgown_purple_lavender)

Chest

Hide contents

"Carpet Bag" (treasurechest_carpetbag)
"Treasured Chest" (treasurechest_posh)
"Steamer Trunk" (treasurechest_steamertrunk)
"Train Case" (treasurechest_traincase)
"Traveller's Trunk" (treasurechest_traveltrunk)

Endtable

Reveal hidden contents

"Austere Endtable" (endtable_carpetbag)
"Dragonfly Endtable" (endtable_dragonfly)
"Antique Endtable" (endtable_vintage

Pets

Hide contents

"Wyvernling" (dragonling_wyvern)
"Bearded Dragon" (glomling_beardeddragon)

The Beeyonet has been renamed to Bumble Spear.

Bonus:

Reveal hidden contents

Pet skins?! CALLED IT!

Endtable skins also seem interesting. Can't wait to see what those look like ingame.

Images for the new skins

Spoiler

Pets

Spoiler

Wyverling

dragonling_wyvern_builder.png

Bearded Dragon

glomling_beardeddragon_builder.png

Chests

Spoiler

Carpet Bag

treasurechest_carpetbag.png

Treasured Chest

treasurechest_posh.png

Steamer Trunk

treasurechest_steamertrunk.png

Train Case

treasurechest_traincase.png

Traveller's Trunk

treasurechest_traveltrunk.png

Endtables

Spoiler

Austere Endtable

endtable_carpet.png

Dragonfly Endtable

endtable_dragonfly.png

Antique Entable

endtable_vintage.png

Fur Roll

Spoiler

Patchwork Quilt (blue)

bedroll_furry_quilt_blue_frost.png

Edited by alainmcd
I forgot the last one
  • Like 17

59 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

Just to add on this, the two reward "skins" are emotes.

Spoiler

emote_sleepy = "Sleepy Emote",
emote_sleepy = "\"You are getting veeery /sleepy...\"",
rarity = "Reward",

emote_yawn = "Yawn Emote",
emote_yawn = "Just /yawn and everyone will know you're ready for an adorable nap!",
rarity = "Reward",

And they are granted by having a specific set of skins.

Spoiler

emote_sleepy =
        "body_pj_blue_agean",
        "legs_pj_blue_agean",
        "bedroll_furry_quilt_blue_frost",

emote_yawn =
        "body_pj_purple_mauve",
        "legs_pj_purple_mauve",
        "bedroll_furry_quilt_white_ivory",

Also of interest, Proof of Purchase skins got moved from the Loyal rarity into its own Proof of Purchase rarity.

• Like 5

Being a pessimist (mostly), I thought for the fun of it, I'll share my initial impressions:

The trailer: Well, it's not too bad actually. Aside from the Toadstool in the animation being in the forest in the animation and not in caves (which I'm guessing means that it was initially going to be an overworld boss and that this animation was done ages ago? might be wrong though), the quality seems to be pretty decent.

The skins: ... I think this is probably the worst skin artwork in terms of quality they've done yet. Way too much 2D-symetry, in particular with chests (yes, the original chest has some bit of 2D symetry, but it's not really that much of a straight line), the Traveller's and Steamer trunk are basically the same skin with the other just having doodles and stickers on it and the pet skins look like mobs drawn for the Hero in the Dark mod (way too much dark-souls esque in other words). The emote thing seems to be pretty cool though, although I've yet to see the emotes themselves.

Does anyone know how many "parts" of updates there are planned to be, if the amount if planned at all? I liked the trailer though! Although I keep hoping that the final ANR trailer will be a nice big cinematic one like the one we got for ROG way back when. Seeing the gameplay gets me amped, but I love seeing the characters doing more . . . well, animated actions :D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

Does anyone know how many "parts" of updates there are planned to be, if the amount if planned at all? I liked the trailer though! Although I keep hoping that the final ANR trailer will be a nice big cinematic one like the one we got for ROG way back when. Seeing the gameplay gets me amped, but I love seeing the characters doing more . . . well, animated actions :D 

Every three weeks, you get an update, up to February...

Edited by Arlesienne

9 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Every three weeks, you get an update, up to February...

Those are beta updates. I think they meant Parts like in this thread, as, well, this is talking about porting existing content to the main branch. So, the amount of parts for porting content to main branch, essentially. I would guess 3.

7 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I think this is probably the worst skin artwork in terms of quality they've done yet. Way too much 2D-symetry, in particular with chests (yes, the original chest has some bit of 2D symetry, but it's not really that much of a straight line), the Traveller's and Steamer trunk are basically the same skin with the other just having doodles and stickers on it and the pet skins look like mobs drawn for the Hero in the Dark mod (way too much dark-souls esque in other words).

...since this is being brought up, can I just say that the Marble Shrubs look wrong? Mainly that the outer lines are too thin and clean. Doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference when they're surrounded by items in the older style, like other trees...
I like the idea, and it's been asked for for a while, they just look...out of place.

6 hours ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

...since this is being brought up, can I just say that the Marble Shrubs look wrong? Mainly that the outer lines are too thin and clean. Doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference when they're surrounded by items in the older style, like other trees...
I like the idea, and it's been asked for for a while, they just look...out of place.

Beeswax sprite is also pretty bad.

14 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Being a pessimist (mostly), I thought for the fun of it, I'll share my initial impressions:

The trailer: Well, it's not too bad actually. Aside from the Toadstool in the animation being in the forest in the animation and not in caves (which I'm guessing means that it was initially going to be an overworld boss and that this animation was done ages ago? might be wrong though), the quality seems to be pretty decent.

The skins: ... I think this is probably the worst skin artwork in terms of quality they've done yet. Way too much 2D-symetry, in particular with chests (yes, the original chest has some bit of 2D symetry, but it's not really that much of a straight line), the Traveller's and Steamer trunk are basically the same skin with the other just having doodles and stickers on it and the pet skins look like mobs drawn for the Hero in the Dark mod (way too much dark-souls esque in other words). The emote thing seems to be pretty cool though, although I've yet to see the emotes themselves.

While I agree on the skins(Save for the endtables, these are pretty damn good), Dark Souls-esque is not the word for that. Hero in the Dark is NOT Dark Souls.Also if it was these dragons would've already tore you apart 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2016 at 9:28 PM, spiderdian said:

Im so funny.pngI'll go to sleep now...

Ariel eeeyyyy 1_0 .pngWell meme'd my friend.

I do have to agree with the hounds, why are they attacking the non-pcs?

Also, it's rather interesting the shadow chesspieces have taken up the shadows of the new implementations. Wait... Does that mean there's more to Charlie's giving these homely additions and monsters than just to add to the world?

Otherwise, nice aesthetic, anyways.

On 11/24/2016 at 10:07 PM, alainmcd said:

Images for the new skins

Not sure which I should squee more for, the beard-pets or the fancy lookin' tables.

• Like 3