[Game Update] Arts and Crafts - (BETA 193164)

10 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Combined Status no longer works in this version. 

For me turning off Moon phase predictions half-fixed it...it showed predictions anyway, but it worked.
An update just released that removes the predictions option, so I'm guessing that's a temporary fix? Can't really test with the login servers being all weird at the moment.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow

2 hours ago, Opossum312 said:

How to learn new ancient sculpture sketch?

Mining the respective sculptures that naturally spawn in the world. Maxwell statue drops a kingly sketch. Fixed suspicious statues on a full moon drop their respective sketch as well.

Should also be noted that the sketches are placed directly onto the potter's wheel and get dropped from the inventory after leaving the server similar to Chester's eyebone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Anyway, bring on my mushroom plot!  Ooh, if I breed two spooky ones together and harvest them on the night of the new moon, will I get...wait, no, that's Kingdom of Loathing.  My bad.  ;)

(Actually a mushroom-based familiar would TOTALLY FIT with this game's atmosphere...)

...Notorious

You meant spooky and frozen, right?  Sadly, I can't even hybridize second-generation mushrooms.Seriously, where's my pointy and cool mushrooms?

And I agree, most of the mushroom fairy familiars would fit the atmosphere.  Not so sure about the sleazy one, though.

On an unrelated note, is there any substantial difference between cut stone sculptures and marble ones, besides the colour?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

On an unrelated note, is there any substantial difference between cut stone sculptures and marble ones, besides the colour?

They're just the white/black variants of chess pieces.

Functionally the same as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wait a sec... What if this is all building up to the teaching the old ways of the guardians? Maybe they used moon technology and the bad side effects was that moonlight's powers made living shadows?

I find it rather unlikely that they had any interaction with the moon when the ancient civilization lived underground.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Weird Wanderer said:

Mining the respective sculptures that naturally spawn in the world. Maxwell statue drops a kingly sketch. Fixed suspicious statues on a full moon drop their respective sketch as well.

Should also be noted that the sketches are placed directly onto the potter's wheel and get dropped from the inventory after leaving the server similar to Chester's eyebone.

and new moon, cough cough hint hint nudge nudge.

6 hours ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

An update just released that removes the predictions option, so I'm guessing that's a temporary fix? Can't really test with the login servers being all weird at the moment.

I removed the prediction option because it's no longer necessary. It was needed before because the moon phase actually changed when night fell, but now that there's the moondial, the moon phase changes when day breaks, so clients always have the information they need to display the right phase during day/dusk.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Hey Klei, I got a new merchandise idea for you guys. A chess board with pieces like the ones we see ingame.

The pawns have to be the characters, though. In fact, make it possible to make the pawns in-game have characters' heads with the pawn's hat on them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohaneBrote said:

I know this is probably a silly question, but could we have the sculptures bounce less when you drop them? It is rather difficult to play chess this way.

20161015001035_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Hey Klei, I got a new merchandise idea for you guys. A chess board with pieces like the ones we see ingame.

1 hour ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

The pawns have to be the characters, though. In fact, make it possible to make the pawns in-game have characters' heads with the pawn's hat on them.

Ariel eeeyyyy 1_0 .pngGet ESC on this, future stocking stuffers~

5 hours ago, JohaneBrote said:

I know this is probably a silly question, but could we have the sculptures bounce less when you drop them? It is rather difficult to play chess this way.

Not only that, but a marble turf that actually has a working grid would make using it for chess a lot more easier.

Edited by Mudley
  • Like 3

A little bit of feedback on the new "boss" fight:

Spoiler

So I was testing the fight solo against all 3 shadow chess pieces and I found the shadow bishop to be just horribly over powered. It's attacks seem impossible to kite due to it teleporting on you and it's difficult to escape from. The problem just gets worse as it gets larger. This could probably be fixed by removing the hit stun or not have it teleport on top of a player when it attacks.

The shadow rook and knight also seem difficult to kite in their second stage and it becomes almost impossible in their third stage due to their size. This could probably be fixed by not making the shadow chess pieces grow so significantly in each stage.

Aside from the difficulty of kiting them, these new shadows are really neat. I'm looking forward to fighting them with my friends. I'm sure it will be a lot easier then trying to go at it alone. If anyone else is doing this fight I'd recommend going after the rook last. The bishop is just a huge pain in any stage, and you might end up chasing the knight all across the island. That thing is quick.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I find it rather unlikely that they had any interaction with the moon when the ancient civilization lived underground.

I doubt they lived underground at the time of living. Its like how archeologists find things underground. Maybe the ancients were deliberately sealed.

• Like 4