[Game Update] Arts and Crafts - (BETA 193164)

43 minutes ago, Linkle said:

I doubt they lived underground at the time of living. Its like how archeologists find things underground. Maybe the ancients were deliberately sealed.

Maxwell seemed to mention that there was nothing but dust here when he arrived, plus there were a few things underground he wasn't aware of. He seemed too focused on shaping the surface and never really bothered looking underground. So the majority of what's in the caves must have existed there before he arrived.

Now about the ancients being deliberately sealed, that could be possible. After thinking about it a bit more, it could have been possible that what we know as the caves today could have once been the surface of Maxwell's predecessor. It could have been covered up by Them just before Maxwell arrived.

Of course this is all just speculation and theory crafting. There's not much evidence here one way or the other. All we know is that Maxwell didn't seem to create anything in the caves (except for the rock lobsters. He specifically mentioned that he banished them from the surface). Heck, for all we know Maxwell could have unknowingly created the caves with his subconscious. It's funny how just a few sentences can really get ya thinking. This post took a lot longer to write then I thought it would.

Edited by Sinister_Fang
  • Like 4

After playing for a while with the mushroom farms, I have to say they are super good when compared to improved farms or berry bushes.

Blue/green mushrooms give such good stat gains by themselves that I daresay the farms are producing too much for the little amount of work involved once they're placed.

• Like 2

When I play as Wigfrid I tend to still grow/gather the plant stuff as soon as I have a crockpot...just I take a little longer to get started on the farming part.  But then, I'm a big fan of wandering off into the birch forest during winter to pick all the unharvested mushrooms to stretch out the crock-pot meals, rather than just mining ice, because (a) I'm nuts (b) I get bored in winter and like to explore and (c) at least mushrooms are a sort of food!  Using ice seems kinda cheaty--but that's just me...

Combined Status...is that the one that tells you how many naughtiness points you have and your exact temperature in degrees, or is it related to the Season Clock one, or...are they part of the same mod? Either way I've never used it/them.  Lately I've been randomising the seasons specifically TO get a little more unpredictability up in here.

(And yes, the spooky and frozen mushrooms, that's the one I was trying to think of!  So glad to see another KoL player here.  :)  And yeah, not the sleazy ones...although I've seen some mods where perhaps they _would_ fit in...  Now I'm trying to remember the names of my familiars...I give every single one in that game a name that at least makes sense at the time.  : P)

...Notorious

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Combined Status...is that the one that tells you how many naughtiness points you have and your exact temperature in degrees, or is it related to the Season Clock one, or...are they part of the same mod? Either way I've never used it/them.  Lately I've been randomising the seasons specifically TO get a little more unpredictability up in here.

Yeah, all of that is combined status. But here's the great part: you can pretty much disable every part of the mod leaving just the regular clock, health, hunger and sanity. I held off on using it for so long because I didn't know that you could disable parts of the mod. It's really great always having the exact value of your health, hunger and sanity stats always visible.

• Like 2

Alright so after testing everything, here's my thoughts on it:
(I like most stuff I'll just mention the things that I feel like could use changes)
Mushroom farms: These are nice, but I feel like it would fit better if these used guano instead of manure.
Chess Statues: I really like these overall, they are really nice as decorations, give us a reason to summon the clockworks from the statues and the shadows seem quite interesting. However there's some problems I have with it. First of all the way they are placed. Due to being dropped, it's extremely hard to place them at an exact location since the place they are dropped at next to the player is kinda random. I would like if players could select a certain spot to drop it off at like with placing structures.
Then I don't like that the new shadows are (nearly) impossible to dodge. I did the fight on a server with one of each of the new new shadows and we managed to kill the bishop and knight with two or three people dying, but once the rook was at tier 3 I was quickly the last one standing cause I happened to have a domesticated beefalo. Everyone else was unable to dodge the attacks because of their lower speed and on top of that its damage is really high. I just feel like enemies that are almost impossible to dodge and do really high damage shouldn't be a thing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Can you out run it with a cane?

Nope. Although if you're using a cane and cobblestones you can avoid some of their attacks. Even then it's still not easy. Right now we're kinda forced to just tank all their hits. I made a post on exactly this just the other day.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2016 at 6:11 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Hey Klei, I got a new merchandise idea for you guys. A chess board with pieces like the ones we see ingame.

Honestly one of the few times that I would probably buy extra merch for a game. It would just work so well.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

Honestly one of the few times that I would probably buy extra merch for a game. It would just work so well.

Yeah, I'm usually not too big on game merch myself, but this would be something I'd likely buy. Unfortunately my glass chess set broke quite a while ago and I never felt the need to replace it. I don't really play chess much anymore, but a DST themed chess set would be amazing. It would likely just sit around and collect dust, but hey, most other merch would likely do the same. At least a chess set would have some potential use other then just looking pretty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cyde042 said:

Of course it's useful. Make crock pot foots with veggies, like Chilli.

I didnt say it's completely useless. Yes u can use it in crock pot but You can't eat them for emergency sanity/health boost.

I really liked this update ! But if we are talking about what we want to see next update well - I want a new common enemy creature (something that you can fight without a special event or set piece) .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

I really liked this update ! But if we are talking about what we want to see next update well - I want a new common enemy creature (something that you can fight without a special event or set piece) .

Slipstor! (Or Snowman)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

I want a new common enemy creature (something that you can fight without a special event or set piece) .

13 minutes ago, Mueck said:

Slipstor! (Or Snowman)

Hello, as a representative of the Slipstor Liberation & Incorporation Program I would advise against the harming of any and all Slips or Slipstors.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely S.L.I.P,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Hello, as a representative of the Slipstor Liberation & Incorporation Program I would advise against the harming of any and all Slips or Slipstors.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely S.L.I.P,

Oh no ! Did EPA finally catch up with don't starve xD . 

Leaving jokes aside I think slipstor will be saved for later on ... and I do hope he is an enemy like a lot of slipstors that evolve overtime and over run your camp :D . The community likes this creature too much for them just to scrap it .

The main think that I want from the updates is to make the game harder to survive in general ... Although those new events are really cool ! 

Edited by 1v0
  • Like 1