Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

Please keep it clean and friendly and "on topic". Failure to do so will result in warnings or removal of your ability to post images.

If you don't know what is or is not appropriate, read this. Thanks.

3 hours ago, TimothyCarter said:

The fact that Joe has to post this again is not okay. Stop testing the patience of the moderators. I like this thread and I don't want it deleted because of idiocy.

I understand maybe a couple of pages is questionable, but 20?! I really don't see anyone that would try to step over the line purposely here. When I make memes I always question if this is suitable to be here or not.

Then when JoeW makes a cleanup and tells how immature we are I get a feeling of guilt tripping. This kind of magnified issues remind me of youtube monetization that even a single word can deem you uneligible for ad revenue.

On one hand I want to have fun and cheer up others; on the other hand I don't want to sit through my meme making and question every minute if this is alright to post. I don't know maybe I will just stick to potato cup and mario memes at this point.

Sorry if this looks like a rant, but I just want to stop admins cleaning up our mess and then get under fire because of it.

Edited by KeshS
  • Potato Cup 7

1 minute ago, KeshS said:

I understand maybe a couple of pages is questionable, but 20?! I really don't see anyone that would try to step over the line purposely here. When I make memes I always question if this is suitable to be here or not

Exactly, while its less than 5% of the thread, there are A LOT of posts here and that means a lot of had to have been taken down.

3 minutes ago, KeshS said:

Then when JoeW makes a cleanup and tells how immature we are I get a feeling of guilt tripping. This kind of magnified issues remind me of youtube monetization that even a single word can deem you uneligible for ad revenue.

I don't exactly agree with that. He is just trying to control the thread, and is probably tired of dealing a lot of nonsense. This forums has a set of rules that the devs/mods came up with and we need to follow them if we want to post here.

5 minutes ago, KeshS said:

On one hand I want to have fun and cheer up others; on the other hand I don't want to sit through my meme making and question every minute if this is alright to post. I don't know maybe I will just stick to potato cup and mario memes at this point.

Sorry if this looks like a rant, but I just want to stop admins cleaning up our mess and get under fire.

I don't think it is too hard to know what is not okay. It's not like S P I C Y M E M E S can't exist, it is just more that the memes have to obey their guidelines. If I understand correctly, the thread should not exist to begin with, but they made an exception because it is usually fine on the thread. It makes sense to make a mistake, but like this thread just keeps making mistakes over and over again.

I fully agree with the last part.

• Potato Cup 1

7 minutes ago, TimothyCarter said:

I don't think it is too hard to know what is not okay.

That's the thing it is hard even for me to know if this falls under the guidelines. You can interpret my mario pointing a weapon meme as a hint to gun violence and get removed for that. Or the one with Maxwell and Charlie strip as hinting sexual harrasment/sexism. With such mentality you can get almost any meme under negative light.

11 minutes ago, TimothyCarter said:

It makes sense to make a mistake, but like this thread just keeps making mistakes over and over again.

That's the other thing, idk if people know they actually made a mistake. We just knew the Wilson lewd one, but the othet 20 pages is under mystery.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

I mean in the end this is just a joke thread, there's not much to understand about it. Times change regarding both people that visit the dst forums and stumble upon this thread aswell as everyones sense of humor, you can't appeal to everyone. From my short stay here, i've seen a bit "hardcore" stuff being posted here that is yet to be found here if you dwell hard enough, but in the end it falls into how everyone interprets such things. As to moderators and all that stuff i shall refrain from discussing that further, if you want more sensible arguements i'd recommend pointing it out in off-topic, but that's just my small irrelevant opinion.

• Like 1

• Developer

I don't want to keep deviating from the topic, but I do want to throw my two cents on the whole hiding business.

Most of the memes and comments we hide either go directly or undirectly against one or more of Klei's forum guidelines. More often than not, that's not on purpose, and we don't give out personal warnings to users because of things we assume were simple mistakes, the post just gets hidden and we move on. The problem with this is that it consumes time from JoeW and other devs' work hours that could've been spent doing things for the game and the community other than cleaning up, so sometimes it ends up being a bit of a hassle.

Rest assured, we're not trying to guilt trip or shame people here in this thread, we just ask you to try your best to keep it respectful and on-topic with your memes. If you feel the meme template depicts something wrong, or the meme could generate an argument or be seen as sexually suggestive or with overboard violence, among other things frowned upon by the forum rules, then it's best to just hold it off or edit it until those things have been fixed.

This thread is great and it brightens up my day, despite the extra work it sometimes gives the mod team. Yeah, 20 pages is a lot, but there're 580 that weren't hidden! Thank you all for being such a lighthearted community, and thank you for caring about the sort of content you post in the forums, and whether it would be prejudicial or not.

If you're really not sure if a meme would be allowed or not, just send me a PM about it. I might take time to reply, but I usually do within the same day or the next. Will the meme be dead by then? Well...

1007f256b6bd208673f584641386a5ae.jpg

Tldr: If you're not sure, just double check your meme and ask me or a friend whether they think it would be acceptable to post or not. I appreciate this thread and everyone in this community, and I'm sure the devs do as well, this topic just happens to be a bit of a handful sometimes.

Love from your mod, L <3

now send me memes k thx bye

Edited by ImDaMisterL
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 12
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 4

thats it time to take these matters into my own hands.. and make someone else make a meme..

someone do a wolfgang is dead video or have a dst character do the distraction dance 

do it now so we can stop disappointing joew

Edited by DavePlaysDST
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Spoiler

I also want to speak out on that issue, because my meme was also deleted. So I'm partly to blame for this. I'm sorry, I read your rules, but I didn't think that such a meme could break anything.. I will try not to make such content any more, so as not to burden developers. I like this place and I respect the work of other people.
Once again, I want to apologize for my mistake, and for my English as always =_)

1943253133_27.thumb.jpg.2bab7aedfbb429b061d30dafccb31b19.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • Wavey 1