What Character Do you Play as the most, In Ship Wrecked?

I find Wickerbottom to be my favorite for this DLC. Her knowledge can get a long way and with limpets/crabits and a berry, it's pretty easy to keep her sane without wandering into the marshes for mushrooms. Map generation I feel can make or break the character, I can't wait until we can customize our worlds like Vanilla and ROG.

WX-78, I hate micromanagement and this character pretty much removes most forms of it.

Poison? What the hell is that? I'll go hug all the venomous spiders and snakes on this island and you can't stop me!

Food? Oh please, who cares about the status of it, as long as it's still called food I can eat it.

Chip Damage? 400 health means chip damage for days and counting!

Seriously, he's borderline OP in my book, all you have to do is make some anti rain stuff before hurricane season.

Same as any other DS mode: Webber. I just love his dynamic of reversing the pigs are friends/spiders are enemies thing everyone else has. Chillin' with the villain and seeing if I can call out the good guys as bad guys has always been my style, and Webber fits that to a T. The kid's perfect.

Pretty much my favs from RoG.

Webber and Wickerbottom. Webber's style of play is always so fun(I hate wildbores anyway, and its also so good having monster meat be a valid food, on top of befriending spiders and having an army), and Wickerbottom is a quicker start which is quite useful. 

Best run so far is with Warly, 277 days survived, ready to transfer to another world when the next update will be released. I also managed to get Wigfrid and Walani past day 110, they both escaped with the Teleportato. Had to delete Walani's save, however, not enough save slots (Klei pls)...

Characters I enjoyed the most were Wigfrid and Wickerbottom.

19 minutes ago, WillowCrocker said:

Willow doesn't handle monsoon season very well. x_x Warley is OP. I love him, lol

I never understood why people call Warley OP, sure, Walani I can understand because you pretty much never have to deal with sanity on her because of the wave regen.

But Warley's "Powers" seem more like a hindrance, food is not efficient at all to the point where you have to carry your Crockpot and even then you get less hunger from it than an average character because 1.2*0.66=/=1, don't know about you, but I would rather carry a stack of Meatballs than a crockpot, meat and filler. His pouch is also downright garbage...

Im new to SW and Im not used to the whole idea of being alone since I always played DST with Willow. She is my favorite character but Walani is better for SW so I decided to go with her. She has more of an island feeling/look on her and I love it. 

• Developer
2 hours ago, FloatyBoatyKnight said:

Willow is the best character in the game hands down. You don't even need to worry about night time or sanity, and using your lighter on your boat makes everything amazing. Plus - no fire damage! Meteor Season got a whole lot easier.

Yeah, but there IS the fact you can accidentally burn your boat down when insane.

Never was too big of a problem for me, though, since managing sanity is one of the only things I can do right in this game xP

19 hours ago, MycoLogical said:

I've recently been playing Wigfird solely; she is fantastic.

I try loving her, I really do, but playing as her just feels like training wheels, she's somehow an even bigger crutch than pre-StrangeNewPowers Wolfgang

I love Warly. I've always liked the weird variety of crockpot dishes, and since his chefs pouch got expanded its become a great perk. I really hate the insanity effects, and it's great to be able to cook while exploring. Also I love his hair and he reminds me of Samuel L. Jackson.

3 hours ago, BroccoliCar32 said:

Looks like somebody's signature needs an update xD

I would.

But the stupid site only lets me have 3 lines, and with 5 characters in each line, that's weird, and also, there's going to be one last character for Shipwrecked, so...

freaking site. If only I could have just 1 more line.

Warly. I use to work as a chef myself and he's the first character I've loved since Wilson. The buff of an early portapot and fridge bag (frag?) is just perfect and his downside isn't so bad, I like having to mix up my meals a bit. I have courses now.

Archived