[Game Update] - 576473

V2C

41 minutes ago, V2C said:

Fixed Pearl rewards being skipped if her tasks were completed too quickly.

I'm really, really glad to see this fix, thank you!:D On the other hand though, we still had the bug where Pearl doesn't register fish given to her if they were handed to her during dusk or night time. Was this also addressed? And if not, is there any possibility this could also be fixed any time soon?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, V2C said:

• Removed Lunar Hail damage for non-players.
    • This may change in future updates when we can expand on this feature along with a proper set of mechanics for protecting creatures.

Woop there it is! Thank you so much for listening to us "megabasers"/long term world players, you guys rock.

• Like 2

Stats:

• Lunar hail debris has a 25% chance of staying on the ground for 5 seconds.
  • Crystaleyezer radius increased from 6.25 tiles -> 8.75 tiles (or 25 -> 35 wall units)
  • Bearger bin's spoilage rate decreased from 0.1 -> 0.05 (AKA food lasts 20x as long as in inventory)
  • Crystaleyzer spawns one glacier every 7-12 days up to a maximum of 6. (note: currently this sometimes takes more than 7-12 days because it tries to spawn glaciers in areas it can't. I assume this is a bug). If a glacier spawned this way stays melted for 5 consecutive days, it despawns.

Unlisted:

• Time taken to reach W.A.R.B.I.S. stage 2 decreased from 20 seconds -> 16 seconds
  • Time taken to reach W.A.R.B.I.S. stage 3 decreased from 30 seconds -> 20 seconds

Source:

Spoiler

tuning.lua:
image.png.d9e81b4458a21ccb0550220f94a46809.png
image.png.ef5c00281adc83cd0f8f60c2ed810e9f.png
image.png.81474e6b47457f94fc6b71d0f0bf6b42.png
image.png.f49f10f1a53dde1df5026119d2f80833.png

Edited by Arcwell
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Health 2
  • GL Happy 1

3 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Damn... wasn't expecting this but pretty neat. What's the actual math behind it now? It makes stuff last 20x longer instead of 10x?

Exactly! Food that took 10 days to spoil, for instance, will now last 200 days. That still technically means bundles are better for long term food preservation, but only in the most extreme circumstances.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 2

4 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

Exactly! Food that took 10 days to spoil, for instance, will now last 200 days. That still technically means bundles are better for long term food preservation, but only in the most extreme circumstances.

Damnnnn that's baller. I think this is a better solution than stopping spoilage altogether. If you only fill it with the "very slowly" spoilage rate foods they'll last 500 days right? 25x20? Or is very slowly 20 days not 25, I forget. 

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 1

Just now, GelatinousCube said:

Damnnnn that's baller. I think this is a better solution than stopping spoilage altogether. If you only fill it with the "very slowly" spoilage rate foods they'll last 500 days right? 25x20?

No crock pot food lasts 25 days iirc, the longest is 20.

(18750 if you count the meme cake)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valase said:

May I ask for the back sprite?

You may!
4_000.thumb.png.0c48dfd2fc337eb078a6cffe5c496611.png

@V2C Shall I go ahead and reupload my earlier beta bugs that haven't been corrected to move them higher in the hierarchy, or are they fine as-is?

Spoiler

Look what cropped up in the files!
image.thumb.png.af1f1edf2b9c4822aad90dd1aaf5272c.png

• Like 30
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 5

45 minutes ago, ADM said:

The player who found that out deserves a hug for being THAT attentionate toward Pearl, seriously. :love_heart:

*cough* Where are my hugs? *cough*

Whole lot of nice things added in this hotfix!

@V2C On the dev stream, it was said that the chair task doesn't count towards completing Pearl's tasks for her Pearl but it seems like it does. 

Can there be some clarity on this? I got confused since Pearl complains about not having a chair but I was linked to the dev stream where it was said it was not intentional.

I personally would love to see this as being part of her questline, but I would love some clarity so that it doesn't become an issue later down the line when it gets patched if it stays in the game for a long time. Thank you! :love_heart:

• Like 8
  • Health 3
  • Big Ups 2

• Developer
33 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

@V2C On the dev stream, it was said that the chair task doesn't count towards completing Pearl's tasks for her Pearl but it seems like it does. 

Can there be some clarity on this? I got confused since Pearl complains about not having a chair but I was linked to the dev stream where it was said it was not intentional.

I personally would love to see this as being part of her questline, but I would love some clarity so that it doesn't become an issue later down the line when it gets patched if it stays in the game for a long time. Thank you! :love_heart:

We decided to keep this, so it will add towards completing her quest.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 2