[Game Update] - 576473

V2C

1 minute ago, Brago-sama said:

Yeah, console player here, ps5. Pls do not feed the wild animal.

I'm PS5 too, I like the cut of your jib, we should crush some bosses together sometime or something.

Any chance you're a pro at setting up Varg Farms that look nice and fancy at the same time...?

Great beta! Nothing I can think off that needs changing for this update, but something id like y’all to keep in mind for the next updates which y’all seem to be doing pretty good at but still is to add more uses for the new materials being added. For example the WARBIS armor is good but you won’t need a ton of scrap to keep it repaired so if new item crafted by scrap could be added that’d be great. Same with the spark arc great item that makes great things but in in future updates more uses for it would be amazing. Once again y’all probably already know this and have plans but I’d be a shame for scrap just to be used on the WARBIS.

23 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah but the existence of this thing just makes me want to ask one question..

If we can now manipulate the games weather to make it Winter Wherever we want & in Any Biome we Want by just placing this structure down., then why hasn’t Klei been able to make some Isolated Weather effects contained to their own Islands out at sea or something yet?

we have sand storms, moon storms, moon island and grotto having their own isolated mechanics. Isnt like klei wasnt able to do that in island is that, obviously, they didnt have the plan of releasing such thing in the past updates (if we ignore moon island)

Maybe, hopefully, in future we get island with unique weather and mechanics and even new biomes in the main world and caves

a lot of people have suggested cold islands, volcanic islands/cave biomes, poisonous biomes like hamlet's jungle, etc

Edited by arubaro
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

• Developer
On 10/12/2023 at 4:21 AM, GLERMZ said:

But on a more bitter note, would it possible to go back on a change that you did this patch that probably most didn't notice:

"weed_plants.lua has the tag for them to be infected, but they weren't being infested before they made a one line fix in the lunarthrall_plantspawner component"

We have been 6 months without Brigthshades affecting weeds, why now?

The Brightshades being on weeds were not part of the intended design a pass on them was done to change from direct prefab name use to tags instead and weeds were added in because they were farming adjacent. This will be changed so weeds are not a target for the next patch.

• Like 12
  • Health 2

17 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

The Brightshades being on weeds were not part of the intended design a pass on them was done to change from direct prefab name use to tags instead and weeds were added in because they were farming adjacent. This will be changed so weeds are not a target for the next patch.

That is amazing to hear. I know it might have not seemed much for some, but this was a huge one for long term worlds and it felt the way it changed in the code that it was 100% intended which made me not touch the beta anymore since. Glad to hear it was not intended.

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Does this mean that Brightshades will stop spawning in my empty Farm plot that I intentionally don’t plant anything in & only use as Graveplot soil?

I figured they targeted the soil cause it felt good for their feet’s (eggplant reference from courage the cowardly dog show by the way)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sapientis said:

"Mom, can we get an image.png.1df236320cc8ac4b8c73513944fd74c4.png"

"We have Ice Maker 3000 at home."

Ice Maker 3000 at home:

image.thumb.png.d53b4e8ff1451a4a8d03568a92c75c11.png

Note the crafting accessibility of these two...

Same with the lamppost from hamlet and the mush light (I don’t mind it personally)