[Game Update] - 576473

V2C

• Developer

Changes

• Removed Lunar Hail damage for non-players.
    • This may change in future updates when we can expand on this feature along with a proper set of mechanics for protecting creatures.
  • Lunar Hail debris may now remain on the ground for a short period of time.
  • Abandoned Junk will now appear closer to players.
  • Bone Armor now protects from Lunar Hail debris.
  • Wooden Chairs and Stools can now be rotated using a Fencing Sword.
  • Increased Ice Crystaleyezer's effect range.
  • Doubled Polar Bearger Bin preservation rate.
  • Ice Crystaleyezer now creates Mini Glaciers around itself over time
  • Skilled hunters can now encounter a Warg while it is still feeding on a carcass.  Hounds that are summoned in will also be attracted to the carcass, and the amount of meat left on the carcass is determined by how quickly you were able to track it down.
  • Armored Bearger gets a new look.
  • The Resting Horror will no longer require a Shadow Rift to be opened to show up.
  • Reduced the time between stages of the W.A.R.B.I.S. armors from 10,20 and 30 seconds to 10,16 and 20 seconds.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an occasional crash when no players were on the world’s surface.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to give an umbrella to Pearl (Crabby Hermit).
  • Pearl now accepts spiced Flower Salad.
  • Fixed Pearl rewards being skipped if her tasks were completed too quickly.
  • Pearl now only drops Sawhorse Blueprints for players that don't know how to build the Sawhorse.
  • Fixed some missing sounds, including bats and Wigfrid's vocals.
  • Fixed Ancient Orchestrina, placed Lightning Conductor and placed Deck Illuminator scrapbook entries being impossible to unlock.
  • Fixed Webby Whistle, Shoo Box, Den Decorating Set’s scrapbook entries uses information.
  • Fixed Houndius Shootius dropping its crafting recipe loot on death. It drops Thulecite and Thulecite Fragments now.
  • Adjusted Woodie’s The Archaic skin’s hair with certain animations with hats.
  • Fixed Webber’s, Wolfgang’s Mighty, and Wonkey’s original looks all having animation issues when sitting on a chair.
  • Fixed animation bug when heavy lifting onto a mount while wearing Void Cowl or Brightshade Helm.
  • Fixed incorrect Ancient Orchestrina art.
  • Fixed Deerclops not despawning during early spring if spring started while you were near her.
  • Fixed Celestial Champion and Greater Gestalt scrapbook entries showing wrong sanity aura information.
  • Fixed player’s Skeletons dropping Lost Scrapbook Pages.

View full update

• Like 48
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

15 hours ago, V2C said:

Removed Lunar Hail damage for non-players.

• This may change in future updates when we can expand on this feature along with a proper set of mechanics for protecting creatures.

really appreciate it

wont be against it comming back if is with a good counter mechanic. Using critters has been always fun since DS was in beta, was sad to see that in danger

with the many hotfixes this patch is becoming really good, was worth the wait

15 hours ago, V2C said:

Doubled Polar Bearger Bin preservation rate

95%??? cool

14 hours ago, -Variant said:

image.thumb.png.23fb08c8cb24852feee5287840dc48a6.pngimage.thumb.png.ba2c2aac6e1a676136c938737d414d2c.png

THIS IS SO SICK!!

They degrade! There's 4 forms of dead carcass! This is badass, I LOVE this!!

tell me the skeleton stays forever, i would love to decorate arround or even be able to telelocate them Q.Q 

Edited by arubaro
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, V2C said:

This may change in future updates when we can expand on this feature along with a proper set of mechanics for protecting creatures.

Any ideas or concepts you have so far? You could make a structure that's built like the pillars, but instead of rocks it needs rope, and it casts a net over an area. Won't block other environmental things like rain or heat, so. There's a possible solution that's not too bad.

Also it'd keep that general "A group of survivors threw this together" aesthetic that seems to be generally fading away. ...Or it could be made to look like the junk/scrap tree/pillars around the moon quay queen.

11 minutes ago, V2C said:

The Resting Horror will no longer require a Shadow Rift to be opened to show up. 

These are technically the player's first possible introduction to planar mechanics now, right? That's kinda funny.

• Like 2

maybe sw's palm leaf hut could be finally added into DST to make little shelters in pens for mobs, we have already palms from moon quay 

1 minute ago, Primalflower said:

image.png.306d10b1bbcdc70bd31537b8a3005286.png

is there anything to do with the leftover meat? will it leave behind stuff to get if one waits long enough?

maybe using razor or other tool harvest the meat??

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Bone Armor now protects from Lunar Hail debris.

does it protect from anything else now due to this change?

omg 95% food preservation, slay!

• Armored Bearger gets a new look.

@-Variant do you have the new sprites? im too lazy to go into beta branch rn

TY SO MUCH for those changes Bearger looks sick

It has any chance we got a interaction mechanic using lost scrappybook pages in the cartography desk? I find myself having a lot around in tumbleweeds and it would be awesome to turn it into papyrus

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, V2C said:
  •  

I'm most excited for this in the future. Thanks for listening. In and of itself, hail isn't a bad mechanic, it's just that the contingencies weren't fleshed out enough in the progression.

Assuming one would start a world from scratch, proper steps could be implemented before a danger takes place. It seems like it's been a consistent design philosophy, like "I should have done X to solve Y problem" Like how each previous season protects you from the subsequent one. 

In autumn, you're blessed with abundance to combat scarcity in winter. As well as the provision of calm beefalos to shave in the night to combat cold

In winter, you get deerclops which provides an ingredient to wetness protection and the telegraph deerclops provides is an indicator that your base is in danger.

Rain in spring begets lightning and the telegraph is the rain and given the amount of time spent in the game when you've hit spring, there's a clue that a lightning rod must be built.

Also, moose goose which spawns provides you with the fan to combat heat and nearby fires which occur in summer.

Hail has a sore shortage of prior progression to protect against it. Again, it's not a bad mechanic, it's just that it was implemented without contingencies before it was introduced.

Many other of the seasonal problems have alternative solutions against the immediate danger, but not much else exists for hail.

The danger of winter also can be combatted with burning trees and the season itself extends a method of grace by providing you with the tam o shanter

the eyebrella isn't the only way to prevent wetness and there are methods in the raincoat, umbrella, rainhat + tree... I think... among other late game solutions

And summer... has caves... Not elegant, but there are measures.

Even taking acid rain into account, the contingency was introduced in tandem with the danger itself. Hail had very few options. Especially given the harm against the environment around it.

I'd be a liar if I said that having my grass geckos die to hail didn't provide me a challenge. It does. However if the mechanic were left it, for me to combat it would have demanded me to relocate around 55 or so grass geckos to another pen. 

The challenge aspect also makes manual farming for volt goats the conventional way very dangerous as it can lead to wiping out current herds when not taking care.

All other detrimental applications of hail serve to severely inconvenience when it comes to players who keep animals around for decorative purposes. It doesn't apply challenge in that respect and serves to be a great annoyance without a measure to protect what is already established.

I'll give a HUGE credit where credit is due, retrofitting in and of itself is something that megabasers should always be grateful for when it comes to updates.

Thanks a DUCKTON for that. The fact that there isn't an immediate demand for players to consistently start new worlds per each major update is something that keeps us coming back. Saying that, the playerbase might get a bit feral, myself included, but we wouldn't criticize if we didn't love the game.

So that's what I have to say about hail. It has provided me with some thrill during boss fights and in it's current iteration, it's not something that has been taken away and adds a thematic edge to it, get it, because of glass? haha, because it has a sharp edge haha funny.

But to sum up about hail, what should have happened was to provide a proper protection against it before introducing it. This is a survival game, but it's always been fair. 

Once more, I'm excited to see what solution is in the works.

36 minutes ago, V2C said:

I don't think this was totally needed, but that's fine. It's a shame about the state of jerky however.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, V2C said:

• Fixed player’s Skeletons dropping Lost Scrapbook Pages.

View full update

Wait does this mean it stopped working and they drop pages again or that they were never intended to do so? Because I always felt it was a neat detail how you could get dead players' entries from their scrapbook.

• Like 2