[Game Update] - 576473

V2C

19 minutes ago, RonanMcQ said:

I mean ice is comically easy to get in winter by just mining the penguin camps but this is nice for year round ice production 

image.thumb.png.d53b4e8ff1451a4a8d03568a92c75c11.png

It is amazing! I asked for a way to get more ice before. When you play with a lot of people and make a lot o tea like me it is very necessery to have a ice farm.  And I think it will be a incentive to pleople to make foods and stuff that ask for a big quantity of ice.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

It is amazing! I asked for a way to get more ice before. When you play with a lot of people and make a lot o tea like me it is very necessery to have a ice farm.  And I think it will be a incentive to pleople to make foods and stuff that ask for a big quantity of ice.

wait, does this mean we can finally have an ice farm in the caves? yoooo thats nice

• Like 6
  • Sanity 1

10 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

Ayo that’s sick! I forgot that this is a multiplayer game Ngl 

• Like 1

Hi
I have one question that is a bit off this topic but don't know where to ask that becouse it's not entirely a "bug" but rather a small issue. (about how nautopilot beacon) I will explain more but not sure to do it here or is there a better place for this. (Sorry, first post, and i'm a bit lost.)

• Like 1

Hmm, during the lunar rift in the trail now we find Varg with the corpse of an Koalefant. Now how do we find a live Koalefant?
And for some reason I didn't see any difference in the time it took to find the tracks, always the Koalefant's corpse was in the same condition.
Maybe there's something I'm not understanding...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Torakshik said:

Hmm, during the lunar rift in the trail now we find Varg with the corpse of an Koalefant. Now how do we find a live Koalefant?
And for some reason I didn't see any difference in the time it took to find the tracks, always the Koalefant's corpse was in the same condition.
Maybe there's something I'm not understanding...

From what I recall, you can find one that's guaranteed to have a surprise (100% Warg/Ewecus) and one that rolls normaly (chance for either a koalefant or a Warg/Ewecus). But I don't know if the Warg chances still are pumped up for the beta tests.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, V2C said:

Removed Lunar Hail damage for non-players.

• This may change in future updates when we can expand on this feature along with a proper set of mechanics for protecting creatures.

Hopefully this stay as is before every creature that is affected is able to heal and not randomly drop dead just from hail happening.

16 hours ago, V2C said:

Doubled Polar Bearger Bin preservation rate.

We didn't get halted spoilage but this is also a very good outcome.

The only problem I see in this update is that Ice Crystelyezer is still going to be terrible, the changes with the range while nice won't make it worth using for summer and the ice change is impactful depending on the playstyle but this means that we won't be able to have a high enough temperature so we don't take freezing damage.

This comes back to my original thoughts, I have to leave summer because of wildfires but if I use this I have to leave because I'll be freezing, so there isn't that much of a point to use except that I wouldn't need to be too careful with wildfires but why would I leave them on in the first place when the mechanic is as bad as disease because there are no good solutions, this could've been one.

To be fair, Klei knocked it out of the park during the beta updates with the feedback they received. 

7 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

I remind that we already have to fight brightshades when we are activelly farming (which i actually really enjoy) but this seems again a bit too much when we already have brightshades everywhere.

It looks like you have been conditioned after playing so long with brightshades as I don't see how this chore is any fun.

There are so many things you have to do to farm even before rifts were added to the game it wasn't worth doing except for spices but now I guess it is only worth doing by using horticulture book.

I didn't even know hail was affecting crops, I don't understand why? Isn't there already too much that the player has to do..

Everyone that wants to farm without the added annoyances will have to do it in caves as it is safe there for now and overall the cave rifts have been much better mostly because there aren't endless waves of enemies spawning near the player but who knows for how long and what the future cave rift updates will introduce.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Valase said:

From what I recall, you can find one that's guaranteed to have a surprise (100% Warg/Ewecus) and one that rolls normaly (chance for either a koalefant or a Warg/Ewecus). But I don't know if the Warg chances still are pumped up for the beta tests.

Finding Warg/Ewecus by day 100 can be found with a 33% probability and that's max

10 hours ago, chirsg said:

If I were a giga math nerd, which I'm not, I'd probably try to figure out the equation that tries to figure out the time spent making jerky and at this point the time spent bundling/unbundling/rebundling and also taking into account stack size of jerky as well as the spoilage time.

if jerky is allowed as an option, you could keep 120 jerky in a bearger bin at a time, and assuming it's your main source of food, it would all last 40 days (2 seasons) before needing to be replenished (120 drying racks would be 90 stacks of twigs, 60 stacks of charcoal, and 270 stacks of grass)

right now a full stack of jerky is enough to sustain yourself before it goes stale, but it would need to be replenished every 7 days (unless you have an industrial amount of jerky in bundles, which i assume would be a slightly higher resource cost than the bearger bin lol)

• Potato Cup 1

3 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

The only problem I see in this update is that Ice Crystelyezer is still going to be terrible, the changes with the range while nice won't make it worth using for summer and the ice change is impactful depending on the playstyle but this means that we won't be able to have a high enough temperature so we don't take freezing damage.

This comes back to my original thoughts, I have to leave summer because of wildfires but if I use this I have to leave because I'll be freezing, so there isn't that much of a point to use except that I wouldn't need to be too careful with wildfires but why would I leave them on in the first place when the mechanic is as bad as disease because there are no good solutions, this could've been one.

It is probably the best item. It benifits everyone in multiplayer and has some key important benifits:

• Year round easy ice farm
  • Summer safe zone
  • Prevents withering and wildfires
  • Prevents farmplot water from evaporating
  • Makes all food within range and containers spoil 25% slower.

Everyone benifits from these perks, unlike the other two items where most the time it is only one person.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 2
  • Sanity 1

14 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

It is probably the best item. It benifits everyone in multiplayer and has some key important benifits:

• Summer safe zone

Everyone benifits from these perks, unlike the other two items where most the time it is only one person.

Yeah but the existence of this thing just makes me want to ask one question..

If we can now manipulate the games weather to make it Winter Wherever we want & in Any Biome we Want by just placing this structure down., then why hasn’t Klei been able to make some Isolated Weather effects contained to their own Islands out at sea or something yet?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenship2 said:

if jerky is allowed as an option, you could keep 120 jerky in a bearger bin at a time, and assuming it's your main source of food, it would all last 40 days (2 seasons) before needing to be replenished (120 drying racks would be 90 stacks of twigs, 60 stacks of charcoal, and 270 stacks of grass)

right now a full stack of jerky is enough to sustain yourself before it goes stale, but it would need to be replenished every 7 days (unless you have an industrial amount of jerky in bundles, which i assume would be a slightly higher resource cost than the bearger bin lol)

i can make 80 jerky in 1 harvest

• Like 2

Just now, Deerclops Mika said:

What does it do in Nightmare Werepig Chess Pieces files?

It's in the Nightmare Werepig files because it was what they seem to have been using to test the art in-game. I think replacing it was a mistake/change they meant to revert.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -Variant said:

It's in the Nightmare Werepig files because it was what they seem to have been using to test the art in-game. I think replacing it was a mistake/change they meant to revert.

The interesting thing is that here he still has the old Armored Bearger design

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

8 minutes ago, Deerclops Mika said:

The interesting thing is that here he still has the old Armored Bearger design

I presume this is why it's unfinished, wouldn't make sense to start making statues when they're still getting feedback on the designs, if it were finished they'd have a lot more trouble changing it!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, R4TT4R said:

have one question that is a bit off this topic but don't know where to ask that becouse it's not entirely a "bug" but rather a small issue. (about how nautopilot beacon) I will explain more but not sure to do it here or is there a better place for this. (Sorry, first post, and i'm a bit lost.)

You could post in this unofficial questions thread.

Or create a new thread asking the question in the Don't Starve Together: General Forums. If it's related to the beta in any way you can ask in the Beta Branch part of the forums.

Regardless, if you end up posting in the wrong place one of the forum mods can move it for you, so no sweat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

• Summer safe zone

The difference is that this is a structure and other 2 are items.

Still I find the items much more useful, this just has "benefits" that multiple players can take advantage of but they are not great by the time you activate rifts.

It can be used to grief or keep other players from staying in your base as they will freeze to death and this can also be used at portal. 

Can you tell me what is the point of this item except it is somewhat okay for wildfires but it is still quite bad as you will be freezing to death so it is just replacing one extreme for another.

Summer safe zone or more likely winter danger zone?

Farming is getting worse with each update and in the current beta weeds get targeted by brightshades and it seems that hail impacts them negatively too. Farming will be done in caves most of the time if rifts are activated and there you don't need it.

Food spoiling 25% of the time is useless when we get 95% spoilage reduction with bearger bin that we can carry anywhere in the same update and don't forget bundle wraps, you will have both of these options available at that point anyway.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, V2C said:

• Ice Crystaleyezer now creates Mini Glaciers around itself over time

View full update

Can we prevent the Mini Glacier spawn if there are player-created turfs around the Ice Crystaleyezer? Like cobblestones, carpets and other floorings. 

Also, will Ice Crystaleyezer prevent plants from growing as if they were in winter or will it only prevent them from drying out in summer? 

• Like 3