[Game Update] - 576473

V2C

2 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

Exactly! Food that took 10 days to spoil, for instance, will now last 200 days. That still technically means bundles are better for long term food preservation, but only in the most extreme circumstances.

beautiful, now powercakes in the bin will last till the end of days, lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think polar bearger bin should accept all foods including fresh, cooked or dried meat and veggy. There is no reason why it can only accept crockpot dish. Everyone know it would be a better replacement for bundling wrap. Its more convenient if we can just pick food and stack into the beager bin. Some character like wurt and wigfrid actually enjoy dried food rather than having to use the crockpot.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, V2C said:

Skilled hunters can now encounter a Warg while it is still feeding on a carcass.  Hounds that are summoned in will also be attracted to the carcass, and the amount of meat left on the carcass is determined by how quickly you were able to track it down.

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

image.thumb.png.23fb08c8cb24852feee5287840dc48a6.pngimage.thumb.png.ba2c2aac6e1a676136c938737d414d2c.png

No way, dst does a world-building, immersion-creating update

• Like 4
  • Health 2
  • Wavey 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Just now, qwp18 said:

Curious, what do you mean by this? 

In my opinion, it's not worth making jerky racks if you have or are rushing to make the polar bearger bin.

If I were a giga math nerd, which I'm not, I'd probably try to figure out the equation that tries to figure out the time spent making jerky and at this point the time spent bundling/unbundling/rebundling and also taking into account stack size of jerky as well as the spoilage time. 

It has the same spoilage of bacon and eggs and per hunger point heals far more hunger and sanity, however, there are are a greater amount of 3 stat food that give you more value than jerky that can go into the bearger bin that stack to a higher count and now keep fresh for FAR longer.

Jerky racks are a huge grass tax, as well as a time sink compared to the ease of use of crockpots.

If I start a new world from this point forward, I don't believe it will be worth building racks.

Honey and jerky served great niches for min maxxers to solve the hunger and day to day late game health qualms you may face, and I do believe that honey is a pretty good staple for Woodie despite having no home in the bearger bin because if you use moose for the majority of your combat, you'll want to keep your hunger stat low and keep sanity/health foods in your bin for when you need them, but jerky doesn't have honey lifetime.

I don't like to play the realism card that much to justify balancing choices because a good amount of this game is nonsense kind of, but in an endearing way, but in real life, jerky keeps for FAR longer than bacon and eggs. 

I'd either buff jerky to be a 40 day spoilage food or allow for it to be in the bearger bin. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, V2C said:

Removed Lunar Hail damage for non-players

Hello, tell me, can you add a small addition for Lunar Hail? Is it possible to make it so that when the Lunar Hail began, 1-2 Bright-Eyed Frogs could fall from the sky with a 40% probability? They are really cool, but we see them very,very rarely:wilson_worried:

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I don't like to play the realism card that much to justify balancing choices because a good amount of this game is nonsense kind of, but in an endearing way, but in real life, jerky keeps for FAR longer than bacon and eggs. 

Sssshh! We don't want a bacon and eggs spoilage nerf! :D

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

You may!
4_000.thumb.png.0c48dfd2fc337eb078a6cffe5c496611.png

@V2C Shall I go ahead and reupload my earlier beta bugs that haven't been corrected to move them higher in the hierarchy, or are they fine as-is?

Hide contents

Look what cropped up in the files!
image.thumb.png.af1f1edf2b9c4822aad90dd1aaf5272c.png

now that i saw i need that statue Q.Q

• Like 4
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

In my opinion, it's not worth making jerky racks if you have or are rushing to make the polar bearger bin.

If I were a giga math nerd, which I'm not, I'd probably try to figure out the equation that tries to figure out the time spent making jerky and at this point the time spent bundling/unbundling/rebundling and also taking into account stack size of jerky as well as the spoilage time. 

It has the same spoilage of bacon and eggs and per hunger point heals far more hunger and sanity, however, there are are a greater amount of 3 stat food that give you more value than jerky that can go into the bearger bin that stack to a higher count and now keep fresh for FAR longer.

Jerky racks are a huge grass tax, as well as a time sink compared to the ease of use of crockpots.

If I start a new world from this point forward, I don't believe it will be worth building racks.

Honey and jerky served great niches for min maxxers to solve the hunger and day to day late game health qualms you may face, and I do believe that honey is a pretty good staple for Woodie despite having no home in the bearger bin because if you use moose for the majority of your combat, you'll want to keep your hunger stat low and keep sanity/health foods in your bin for when you need them, but jerky doesn't have honey lifetime.

I'd either buff jerky to be a 40 day spoilage food or allow for it to be in the bearger bin. 

Jerky been shafter for a long while now since more and more foods been introduced. In the idea of it being a "preserved" food I too think it sucks. There's quite a few foods that are supposedly supposed to be preserved food like fist full of jam, leafy meat loaf, I don't remember others but gotta be a couple more there prolly.

The thing is what I agree about is that those don't last that long at all even tho some of those should prolly last for years or so kinda like how honey has a huge spoilage time. They are relatively meager foods to cook but with excess ingredients they could end up as a nice snack that just sits there in food storage or even saltbox for jerkies since Warly can't eat those and they are also an ingredient.

I wanna see those preserved foods preserve or noone will ever even care to cook them ever at all. Since majority of us rush for specific foods for short trips or battles there could be a staple supply of what I described to just sit there till it's snacked on.

Of right also trail mix technically is a preserved food? Dried berries and nuts if that so.

• Like 1

Never mind I did (I can’t sleep and have too much free time) it would take 375,000 days to spoil or 3 *million* minutes which is 50,000 hours or *137* years. That’s longer than both avatar movies 

EDIT: I got that very wrong it’s actually like only 5.7 years 

Edited by RonanMcQ
  • Like 4

Hey @V2C thank you for the hard work. All the changes seem really good so far and the patch overall has incredible new additions.
But on a more bitter note, would it possible to go back on a change that you did this patch that probably most didn't notice:

"weed_plants.lua has the tag for them to be infected, but they weren't being infested before they made a one line fix in the lunarthrall_plantspawner component"

We have been 6 months without Brigthshades affecting weeds, why now? Farming is already a complex system, that takes time and has its downsides. The weeds itself already have their downsides and on top of that they also takeaway all nutriets from the soil, why do we have to fight brightshades now in order to dig the weeds after so we can finally start farming ? Farming already has so much in it why this extra layer that punishes again people who play thousands of days and like to have big farms that are now going to be infested for no reason at all ? Its yet another chore and a constantly annoying one.
I remind that we already have to fight brightshades when we are activelly farming (which i actually really enjoy) but this seems again a bit too much when we already have brightshades everywhere.
Farming was already in a great spot, but we keep getting features added to it and i feel will just make many of us stop bothering with it and just WormWood or Wicker, because why bother? And that is a really sad sentiment to have on perhaps one of the best updates DST as ever had (Reap What You Sow).

1) kill brightshades protecting the weeds (In the beta currently)
2) dig the weeds
3) fertilize the soil because the weeds strip all nutriets from the ground
4) tile the floor
5) plant the seeds
6) water the crops
7) attend the crops
8) fight brightshades
9) water the crops
10) attend the crops
11) water the crops
12) attend the crops
13) fight more brightshades
14) fight lord of the fruit flies

15) At any time, if hail starts protect your entire crops with umbralla and don't forget to play some music again just incase some already got affected.

As a final note, we had 6 months where this was not happening why does it have to now when makes no sense at all for it? They are dead plants afterall, not something we want to keep and use.

ps. Also would it not be possible to have bearger being summoned by the flare just like deerclops? Not being able to control it will just force the player to be in a safe place for the last 6-7 days of Autumn just for Bearger not to be distructive of base. And this only for people that have 2-3 biomes or more fully built already, otherwise you can move away the moment you hear him. But again we talking about something here that is only a surprise on destruction not on survival. And bearger is a lot more destructive than deerclops. Until now we were able to just cage bearger in an island, but if we want to constantly kill him (even after we got all the items we need) just for how fun the fight is, we are screwed because we can potentially lose months of work if he spawns in a bad place.

Best Regards,

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 9
  • Ninja 1