[CONTENT WARNING] I hope Klei can explain what is“Our Chinese community are largely supportive”

whiteking

3 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Crazy how joew has explained why they removed it multiple times (which you can find in multiple threads)

At this point the genuine trolls are becoming rather obvious. Indeed, everything is already available to read through. New accounts with no previous posts asking the same questions can safely be marked as trouble seekers.

27 minutes ago, Dextops said:

疯狂的是,joew 解释了为什么他们多次删除它(你可以在多个线程中找到)

I understand what joew is saying, but there are many people (including me) who don't fully believe what he is saying. In my opinion, the klei is being overly sensitive and cautious, favoring a small group of people (We can't even really be sure that there are Jews who feel offended) for some bizarre politically correct reason, while ignoring the feelings of many more players.

If klei hadn't removed that star in the first place, maybe things wouldn't have gone this far. 

It's better not to have anything like that happen in the future, my world has been enriched from the moment since I first played Don't Starve in fifth grade, and few things have made me feel so addicted.

4 hours ago, Hupo said:

In fact I want (just want) that player who has a jewish friend to explain about it. Does he/she really have a jewish friend? Or he/she just want Klei to change this skin and use an excuse as a weapon to force Klei to change it. But this may not be polite. So I will stop here.

I think this issue is very important now

We seem to have been fooled

As you can see, many people, including Jewish players, do not believe that there is any connection between these two patterns

So what exactly is the person who initiated this question trying to do

Attempting to cause chaos?

Recently, there have been many attempts to create chaos

16 minutes ago, liuyuncangye said:

I understand what joew is saying, but there are many people (including me) who don't fully believe what he is saying. In my opinion, the klei is being overly sensitive and cautious, favoring a small group of people (We can't even really be sure that there are Jews who feel offended) for some bizarre politically correct reason, while ignoring the feelings of many more players.

Then you were never looking for an explanation. You were looking for a confirmation of your outrage and when joew explained the real reason you weren’t happy with it cause it wasn’t what you wanted to happen.

Just now, whiteking said:

What did you quote

I can't see this picture

An offensive caricature of a Jewish person  

..... Can this thread be locked now? Ngl, kinda bored of the whole situation now - Joe has explained where there may have been a communication issue, if you wanna start being anti-semetic or prejudice to any particular group I'm not gonna offer the courtesy of taking this as a sincere conversation. I can see this thread just snowballing into absurdity now.

Cheers JoeW, I think you made things clearer and i appreciate how difficult it must have been to handle this situation, given the sensitivity of some of our newer visitors :P 

A random guy comes in and pretends he has a Jewish friend who is offended by the star on wigfrid’s skin since it apparently resembles the star of David.

Instead of immediately realizing that the demand is foolish and brush it away since Wigfrid’s star isn’t even an hexagram, Klei caves in to the demand and alters the star. This was a mistake. But I am confident Klei will not consider these types of demands ever again.

With regard to "Muslim complaints about pigs"…

The idea that someone will be offended because certain activities in this game violate the dietary rules of their particular religion isn’t enough to request a change. If a company makes a game where the player kills and feasts on pigs, the developpers can reasonably except that their product is not going to be popular among Middle Easterners because Jews and Muslims don’t eat pork (the "orthodox" ones that is). But that’s fine, you can’t make a game while striving to conform to the precepts of every single religion on this planet.

10 minutes ago, Dextops said:

The picture that was quoted was an offensive picture of a Jew ( like over exaggerated stereotypes) 

Jews are also victims of this incident

Because of the mischief of a Trickster, Jews became the target of blame

9 minutes ago, Uedo said:

..... 现在这个帖子可以被锁了吗?Ngl,现在对整个情况有点厌倦 - 乔已经解释了哪里可能存在沟通问题,如果你想开始对任何特定群体进行反犹太主义或偏见,我不会礼貌地将其视为真诚的对话。我可以看到这个话题现在就像滚雪球一样变得荒谬。

干杯 JoeW,我认为你把事情说得更清楚了,考虑到我们的一些新访客的敏感性,我明白处理这种情况一定是多么困难:P 

In fact, this topic can come to an end. The purpose of this post is for us Chinese players to seek joew's explanation, rather than those strange topics about race and religion. Since the misunderstanding has been resolved, it is time to end the topic and not let this post develop in a strange direction.

2 minutes ago, zmklol said:

In fact, this topic can come to an end. The purpose of this post is for us Chinese players to seek joew's explanation, rather than those strange topics about race and religion. Since the misunderstanding has been resolved, it is time to end the topic and not let this post develop in a strange direction.

I think it's important to express concerns and i'm glad you feel like your concerns were responded to! I hope you have a great day and I'm sorry this has caused some upset in the Chinese community - Nothing lasts forever and tomorrow is a new day, It'd be great if chinese players joined us more in community topics, it's shame we can't have a singular platform (I don't think we need to go into why this isn't the case) but i truly hope that the difficulties we all have in communicating with each other become lesser as time moves on. 

Out of curiocity, How do the chinese community feel about generally about Charlie/Wagstaff? Don't side with the old man, Charlie all the way ;)

2 minutes ago, Waynel said:

The idea that someone will be offended because certain activities in this game violate the dietary rules of their particular religion isn’t enough to request a change. If a company makes a game where the player kills and feasts on pigs, the developpers can reasonably except that their product is not going to be popular among Middle Easterners because Jews and Muslims don’t eat pork (the « orthodox » ones that is). But that’s fine, you can’t make a game while striving to conform to the precepts of every single religion on this planet.

Plus, an actual concern or not (you could be surprised both ways how this topic affects one's family) this is still up to individual interpretation so it shouldn't be up to the developers to disclose if a feature is in line with religion(s), the depiction of pigs on its own isn't haram and so is many other game aspects that would usually be against Islam beliefs such as  resurrection, magic in general... even having certain pets and there's probably many I don't know about. I'm not expert on the question but from friends and family involved in such religions with who I discussed that generally agree that you shouldn't be concerned about playing a game as long as it's not affecting YOUR faith.

1 hour ago, liuyuncangye said:

Special treatment is having new content added to the game every year for a celebration that only your country celebrates, you may be new here but klei has always taken into account players feelings and well being, insanity effect gives you a headache? They added and option, earthquakes cause motion sickness? Option to disable it, skins changes are different you say? the first ever drying rack skin we ever got was a player designed one. The reality is that klei made a change in good faith because a player felt uncomfortable or they just really liked the design the player suggested and I for one not gonna antagonize them for that.

5 minutes ago, ADM said:

Plus, an actual concern or not (you could be surprised both ways how this topic affects one's family) this is still up to individual interpretation so it shouldn't be up to the developers to disclose if a feature is in line with religion(s), the depiction of pigs on its own isn't haram and so is many other game aspects that would usually be against Islam beliefs such as  resurrection, magic in general... even having certain pets and there's probably many I don't know about. I'm not expert on the question but from friends and family involved in such religions with who I discussed that generally agree that you shouldn't be concerned about playing a game as long as it's not affecting YOUR faith.

Yeah true. And most people in the West are chill about their religion anyway (if they have one in the first place). Besides, religious fanatics don't play video games so who cares really.

17 minutes ago, Uedo said:

我认为表达担忧很重要,我很高兴您觉得您的担忧得到了回应!我希望你有一个美好的一天,我很抱歉这在中国社区引起了一些不安 - 没有什么是永恒的,明天是新的一天,如果中国玩家更多地加入我们的社区话题那就太好了,我们很遗憾不可能有一个单一的平台(我认为我们不需要探究为什么情况并非如此),但我真诚地希望随着时间的推移,我们彼此沟通时遇到的困难会减少。 

出于好奇,华人社区对查理/瓦格斯塔夫的普遍看法如何?查理,别一直站在老头子一边;)

I think the biggest distance between people is language barriers, but the progress of the times has greatly solved this problem. Different countries have different attitudes, which can lead to communication difficulties. If we really add a large number of Chinese players, it may damage our impression of each other. Let's maintain the good impression we have now, friend. Also regarding your inquiry about the Chinese community, haha, I cannot represent others

19 minutes ago, Uedo said:

I think it's important to express concerns and i'm glad you feel like your concerns were responded to! I hope you have a great day and I'm sorry this has caused some upset in the Chinese community - Nothing lasts forever and tomorrow is a new day, It'd be great if chinese players joined us more in community topics, it's shame we can't have a singular platform (I don't think we need to go into why this isn't the case) but i truly hope that the difficulties we all have in communicating with each other become lesser as time moves on.

Out of curiocity, How do the chinese community feel about generally about Charlie/Wagstaff? Don't side with the old man, Charlie all the way ;)

I remember Chinese players thought Charlie and Maxwell were couples, not Einstein

Some people also believe that Charlie should become a usable character

33 minutes ago, Waynel said:

This isn't a real complaint, just strawmans from people claiming to be of that religion and offended by it.

(Most) abrahamic people and I already know that there's nothing wrong with eating a digital pig.

11 minutes ago, firoborn said:

Special treatment is having new content added to the game every year for a celebration that only your country celebrates, you may be new here but klei has always taken into account players feelings and well being, insanity effect gives you a headache? They added and option, earthquakes cause motion sickness? Option to disable it, skins changes are different you say? the first ever drying rack skin we ever got was a player designed one. The reality is that klei made a change in good faith because a player felt uncomfortable or they just really liked the design the player suggested and I for one not gonna antagonize them for that.

The Lunar New Year is celebrated by lots of Asian cultures. I think a lot of games use it to tap into the Chinese playerbase, but I feel like it's disingenuous to say it's only something celebrated in China. Not to take away from your other points. 

28 minutes ago, firoborn said:

I don't think it can be called a special treatment. If we look at it from another angle, we will find that many of the characters are from other countries, such as Russia, but there are no Chinese. You can't think that klei treats russians specially because of this

28 minutes ago, firoborn said:

Regarding festivals , you can understand it this way. China is the suzerain of many East and Southeast Asian countries, and they are relatively similar in culture (compared to European and American countries). Klei's festivals are not necessarily specifically provided to China, just like many countries celebrate Christmas Day.Christmas is not specifically offered to a country

10 hours ago, JoeW said:

Those posts were up for the same reason that these posts are still up. That situation was very similar to this one in fact. With the Tencent announcement, there are upset people that are claiming that hidden and inappropriate posts were removed to hide their opinions. The posts were then unhidden so people could see what happens when the posts are not hidden. 

I am trying to keep everything to a single thread here, the same as I did with the Tencent announcement.

It's not a double standard, it is the exact same treatment. I am sorry if that upsets people, I don't like it being on the forums either. The same as I don't like many of the hurtful posts in this thread and in the threads I linked to as well.

From this point out I am going to be moderating the content of the thread again. 

Posts that do not follow our guidelines will once again be hidden or locked and accounts posting content that do not follow our guidelines will be banned.

Further conversation about this topic that follows our guidelines are welcome.  

26 minutes ago, JoeW said:

From this point out I am going to be moderating the content of the thread again. 

Posts that do not follow our guidelines will begin being hidden and locked and accounts posting content that do not follow our guidelines will be banned.

Further conversation about this topic that follows our guidelines are welcome.  

Are we allowed to go off-topic to wish you luck and appreciate your patience? (:

Archived