[CONTENT WARNING] I hope Klei can explain what is“Our Chinese community are largely supportive”

whiteking

1 minute ago, firoborn said:

I dont know what would the point of that be, are you traying to say that the situation is being misconstrued? just so you know I believe even if there is not killing genocide can still happen, why dont you look up the genocide of indigenous peoples in canada the situation is really similar and i bet is gonna end the same for the uyghur people or worse

You bet?Oh, I thought you would at least try to prove something, so this is just your guess

1 minute ago, whiteking said:

Wow, I heard for the first time that someone can kill 30 million people without anyone else's knowledge

If Mao could do such a thing, it must be because he got Thanos' gloves

He don't need the gloves.He just need to write down his name on some pages,then the peasant will found they don't have enough food to eat

Don't starve,isn't it?

11 minutes ago, gudacy said:

I do not hate the country at all,I hate the government that eploxit Chinese people,from Mao killed thirty millions to the Jiang harvest ing other organs,and now the Xi is making the Chinese economy even worse

Is China's economy getting worse? Do you mean that China's economy was unable to enter the top ten in the world fifty years ago, but now it is the second largest in the world?

Please, don't do this. I want to see some more interesting lies

7 minutes ago, gudacy said:

He don't need the gloves.He just need to write down his name on some pages,then the peasant will found they don't have enough food to eat

Don't starve,isn't it?

So he must have the power of a giant, just like Alan Yeager, who can modify everyone's memory

2 minutes ago, whiteking said:

Please, don't do this. I want to see some more interesting lies

Wow,and now you even covering your own eyes!Don't you now that China's economy development is related to real estate?And now everyone can find the price of these houses are dropping,and this is not the end yet

11 minutes ago, firoborn said:

Its not a guess the situation was investigated by the UN

Are you sure this was said by the United Nations, not by a country that controls the United Nations? Just like they gave Arab territory to the Israelites

Please keep posts polite and without personal attacks. If you would like to comment about the original issue, you are free to do so but please please do not continue arguing amongst yourselves.

4 hours ago, Ardyn said:

At first, Klei did not understand the thoughts of a large number of players in the Chinese community, so he made incorrect judgments and statements.

I know this is a complicated issue due to language barrier. I can't even be sure I'm understanding your intent correctly. With that said:

A fundamental piece that just continues to bother me is how much one of this site's admins has been villainized. Especially considering a statement in question was said to keep the non-foreign forumers from thinking poorly on the foreign ones! It was something said with good intent that got misunderstood and warped due to translation.

I logically understand the feelings of being muted, but the lack of nuance that comes from auto-translation made some of these posts written in unfavorable ways. In that sense, the moderation around them was unfortunate but reasonable to ensure [accidental] malicious discussion wasn't being generated.

It really is just a huge language barrier issue. I hope all sides will eventually level, and then Klei can work towards solutions to ensure beneficial communication going forward.

10 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It really is just a huge language barrier issue.

I doubt backhanded compliments and gaslighting are a language issue. The posts should be presented in both languages to verify that if you want to use a language disclaimer.

You cannot speak for the entirety of the Chinese community, no more than I can speak for the entirety of the hardcore community.

Yes, you posted pics of some players who are upset, but that is a sample of one side of the issue.

Posts like yours are disingenuous, to say that Klei lied to the entire Chinese community is nonsense.

You have every right to your opinion, and the people in those posts have their right to an opinion, but you do not have the right to speak for everyone in an entire community.

Klei have taken a stance on this, and its one that a fair amount of people agree on. And Klei does not owe you anything, and they didn't owe the people who were uncomfortable with the symbolism anything.

They made a choice they thought best for people who were uncomfortable with certain content.

:( This is why I hate controversial content. Hate, personal attack, political remarks are reigning, every time an argument on controversial content is stirred up. No one tries to keep calm during all this confusion of inter-attack. They just want to humiliate each other and show how right they themselves are. Guys please do keep calm and keep discussion on topic.

As all Chinese people may know, Tieba is a forum that gathers a large number of online radicals, and I don't believe that the discourse spread on such a forum has mass appeal. Additionally, the internet users gathered on this platform do indeed have serious issues with racial discrimination and support for Nazism. Of course, it is understandable that people are reluctant to confront radical online forces, I understand Klei’s apology.

3 hours ago, gudacy said:

我一点也不恨国家,我恨的是压迫中国人民的政府,从毛泽东杀了三千万人,到江泽民收割其他器官,现在的习政又使中国经济雪上加霜

经典推特言论,哈哈哈

I guess what the Chinese players call for is showing fear on political righteousness. Someone said originally that the original hexagram looks like the David's star, and offends Jewish people. Klei made the skin change afterward, stirring up worries and fears among Chinese players on political righteousness. Is is thought that Klei was blindling catering to political righteousness as there are quite a few players who do not like this skin change and worried that this could corrupt DST. At least some Chinese players who keep calm state that this is what they ask for. But then what the Chinese players got was ignorance and negligence and many threads were deleted directly, not paid any mind to. The Chinese players thought they were condescended to, thus feeling furious. It is true that the Chinese players were acting kinda extreme, but had it not for the ignorance, the Chinese players would not have acted out.

I didn't want to say it, but what's happening now is that the influx of certain "Chinese people" has made the forum worse. I can't deny this, so I once said that a large number of Chinese people entering the forum will damage each other's impression. Unfortunately, this thing still happened.

3 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

You cannot speak for the entirety of the Chinese community, no more than I can speak for the entirety of the hardcore community.

Yes, you posted pics of some players who are upset, but that is a sample of one side of the issue.

Posts like yours are disingenuous, to say that Klei lied to the entire Chinese community is nonsense.

You have every right to your opinion, and the people in those posts have their right to an opinion, but you do not have the right to speak for everyone in an entire community.

Klei have taken a stance on this, and its one that a fair amount of people agree on. And Klei does not owe you anything, and they didn't owe the people who were uncomfortable with the symbolism anything.

They made a choice they thought best for people who were uncomfortable with certain content.

I would like to make another statement regarding the issue of Klei's "lying".

The cause of this incident is a misunderstanding caused by unequal information sources between Chinese players and Joew.

Joew acknowledged this and apologized for his erroneous statement

Perhaps I cannot represent all Chinese players, so I apologize for relaying Joew's unknowingly incorrect remarks back to the Chinese community.

If you want to understand this process, I can tell you the story of this complex matter in another place

But now, we and Klei hope to stop discussing this matter here. Other players have been troubled too much

23 minutes ago, Notecja said:

The whole world would be really better, if you just didn't jugde him after one or two messages. He is friendly and civilised. Ouside (questionable) jokes, he also is really kind-hearted, helpful and open to any people who have good will.

This is not the main point. Soap is also simply a single word. What concerns me is that he uses this as evidence to prove that all Chinese people are uncivilized. He does not understand when and in what context we use certain words. He lacks a fundamental understanding of the entire environment, We also use words in our own language that have a similar status to soap, but nobody says we are barbaric in the correct context.

Archived