[CONTENT WARNING] I hope Klei can explain what is“Our Chinese community are largely supportive”

whiteking

By the changing of the Wigfrid skin,many chinese players show their extreme idea and intolerant mind about the Jewish,by using the “soap”,which is a egregious crime executed by Nazi done on the Jewish to use their bodies to make soap. They do not respect the other countries and cultures in the world and stupidly thinking everyone should follow them. And also they are double standard—they like to use these intolerant words to others, but they can't accept these words come to themselves, like "Zhina pigs". 

The reason why I wrote this passage is because I can't bear the savage Chinese people showing their intolerant topic,and they do not like to follow the civilised world. Any of us should not accept their topic unless they have learnt what is tolerance.

1 hour ago, whiteking said:

It's like typing lol and you get '英雄联盟'(League of Legends), but it actually means laughing loudly. Translation software is not accurate.

Don't mislead everyone with incorrect Chinese anymore. Perhaps you have studied Chinese before, but it is difficult for you to understand the Chinese language of the internet. I'm going to bed now. It's very late in China now

Another lie, Shame on you.

2 hours ago, whiteking said:

It's like typing lol and you get '英雄联盟'(League of Legends), but it actually means laughing loudly. Translation software is not accurate.

Don't mislead everyone with incorrect Chinese anymore. Perhaps you have studied Chinese before, but it is difficult for you to understand the Chinese language of the internet. I'm going to bed now. It's very late in China now

Another lie, Shame on you.

guys, what happened to the fun fun starving game? I just want to talk about the game where you play as a beep boop robot eating gears and I come back to the forums after a while and the first thing I see is people complaining, it's sad!

I mean, didn't the klei dev team apologize and give refunds already? what more is needed?

Klei is stuck between a rock and a hard place, I don't think this thread needs to stay open anymore but they aren't able to close it or it may cause another misunderstanding because of miscommunication and previous threads they closed made by Chinese players.

Even if they have not been aggressive in the threads they made, if it doesn't bring anything to the discussion of the game since this is DST forum, they would've been closed. The issue is that there is a language barrier and they may not understand why their threads were closed and it escalated. If the first threads that were made had reasonable arguments, I don't think they would've been closed (I wasn't there when this started but I have trust that klei's staff wouldn't remove these threads).

The reasons why Chinese players are not happy about this situation from my understanding is that changes shouldn't be made to satisfy any specific group of players or because of political correctness (I am also not happy about these changes). The update went live and players bought the skin before they changed it, klei did make a statement that they will refund anyone that asks but that came after the changes and you would still need to go out of your way to ask for it, It would've been better to just refund everyone that bought it without them asking and make announcement in game as to why and let them decide if they want to get the changed skin. Lastly, their belief that they are silenced on these forums and not being able to communicate with developers.

The only thing I am wondering now is why this change hasn't been reverted yet as that seems like the best solution, even if it wasn't klei's intention to change the skin because of a religion, if a large number of players take that as a fact it isn't good for the game. It doesn't seem like a big deal to revert the skin, I don't understand why choose to keep it as is with this much of an outrage.

By the changing of the Wigfrid skin,many chinese players show their extreme idea and intolerant mind about the Jewish,by using the “soap”,which is a egregious crime executed by Nazi done on the Jewish to use their bodies to make soap. They do not respect the other countries and cultures in the world and stupidly thinking everyone should follow them. And also they are double standard—they like to use these intolerant words to others, but they can't accept these words come to themselves, like "Zhina pigs". 

The reason why I wrote this passage is because I can't bear the savage Chinese people showing their intolerant topic,and they do not like to follow the civilised world. Any of us should not accept their topic unless they have learnt what is tolerance.

this is a really nice thread among the sea of confusion and miscommunication that you're talking 

I guess I have no real right to interject myself into this conversation but thank you so much for being calm and mature in your post, even going as far as apologizing for some of your own actions  

5 minutes ago, zhengda said:

A huge number of Chinese are also calling Jewish People soap because of the stories about German factories using bodies of murdered Jew to make soap.

The thread starter is one of them. 

224523646_2023-06-295_51_41.thumb.png.c3ebf9c19303f0b4771bdee72efa86fa.png

the starter is complaining that I #correctly# translated the inappropriate statement into english

6 hours ago, sudoku said:

i'd even take a new puzzle to try and solve - something to bring the community together 

The puzzle is to piece together a chronological, bilingual summary of directly related posts from these forums and tieba with optional sidequest bilibili, complete with transcripts. Better hurry, as you might be running out of time to do so. This Is Not A Game.

6 minutes ago, zhengda said:

A huge number of Chinese are also calling Jewish People soap because of the stories about German factories using bodies of murdered Jew to make soap.

The thread starter is one of them. 

224523646_2023-06-295_51_41.thumb.png.c3ebf9c19303f0b4771bdee72efa86fa.png

And many Chinese in their forum are proud of this, only few people speak out against this. This is horrible.

2 hours ago, Ardyn said:

I know you want to cover up the excessive speech in the Chinese community, But please take a closer look at those comments, they do have prejudice against Jews.

The Chinese DS community has indeed seen a lot of hate speech against Jews recently, which is precisely the result of Klei's skin modification. Many of these comments can cause discomfort for many people in non Chinese communities, as Chinese people do like to use overly aggressive language when expressing disputes and anger. This cannot be said to be their fault.

For Chinese people, Jews are an unfamiliar ethnic group. However, due to the skin changes made by Klei this time, some Chinese people who do not know the truth have shifted their hatred towards Jews, and I am very sad. And to change this, it can only be done by Klei who caused it all.

I know what you're trying to say, friend.

I did make a big joke.

But you're wrong. I don't want to cover up the opinions of the Chinese community. I'm just trying to fool this American who claims to be Chinese. I know he used to be Chinese, but now he is American.

Now that I'm awake, I have enough energy to answer this question.

I swear with my life that I will not lie next.

The Chinese are indeed attacking Jews. But you're wrong. Chinese people are not unfamiliar with Jews at all.

Do you think Chinese people say soap because of this? No, Chinese people have long referred to some Jews as soap.

I made a lot of jokes, but one thing I didn't lie about is that the Chinese refer to Jews who inherited the Nazi spirit as soap. I'm not joking.

Chinese people are very familiar with Jews. The Chinese know the Bible, why Israel was born, and the five Arab–Israeli War.

Chinese people do not like some Jews because after Hitler's death, some Jews inherited the spirit of the Nazis. They thought they were injured in the World War II, so they seized Arab land and killed Arabs.

What did the Arabs do wrong?

Not all Chinese people like Jews, but all Chinese people hate Hitler as long as this Chinese admits to being Chinese. Hitler killed millions of Jews, but fascism killed thirty million Chinese people. Chinese people hate fascism and Hitler even more than Jews.

So, Chinese people also hate Jews who killed Arabs. Do Chinese people hate all Jews? Many kind-hearted Jews are in Bilibili, and Chinese people like them very much.

I know you guys really hate me talking like that. I also know that you don't like Chinese people. Don't tell me no, I know Twitter. I know you insult Chinese people on Twitter, but I'm not angry because I know why you're doing this.

But thank you very much for not insulting Chinese people in front of them on Klei's forum. You have maintained gentlemanly etiquette. In return, the Chinese did not do the same thing on Klei's forum. Of course, it may not include me, I am not a gentleman.

My words will be deleted. But this is not important. As long as one person sees these words.

Thank you to those foreigners who support Chinese people expressing their opinions on the Klei forum. Thank you very much.

As for the American who claims to be Chinese

I meant to make a fool of you

You were born and raised in China, and when you left China, you began to slander the Chinese people.

You have no right to say that you are Chinese.

16 minutes ago, gudacy said:

And as JoeW said, these people won't represent all Chinese. They came from the notorious thread of Tieba and had been well-known for their aggressiveness and hate.

6 minutes ago, Seberiangay said:

I "slandered" them by correctly translating their words? I don't want to translate more hatred words to prove myself

Translate as much as you like, whatever you want. Your Chinese is very good, and you are the most aware of Chinese people's thoughts

3 minutes ago, whiteking said:

I know what you're trying to say, friend.

I did make a big joke.

But you're wrong. I don't want to cover up the opinions of the Chinese community. I'm just trying to fool this American who claims to be Chinese. I know he used to be Chinese, but now he is American.

Now that I'm awake, I have enough energy to answer this question.

I swear with my life that I will not lie next.

The Chinese are indeed attacking Jews. But you're wrong. Chinese people are not unfamiliar with Jews at all.

Do you think Chinese people say soap because of this? No, Chinese people have long referred to some Jews as soap.

I made a lot of jokes, but one thing I didn't lie about is that the Chinese refer to Jews who inherited the Nazi spirit as soap. I'm not joking.

Chinese people are very familiar with Jews. The Chinese know the Bible, why Israel was born, and the five Arab–Israeli War.

Chinese people do not like some Jews because after Hitler's death, some Jews inherited the spirit of the Nazis. They thought they were injured in the World War II, so they seized Arab land and killed Arabs.

What did the Arabs do wrong?

Not all Chinese people like Jews, but all Chinese people hate Hitler as long as this Chinese admits to being Chinese. Hitler killed millions of Jews, but fascism killed thirty million Chinese people. Chinese people hate fascism and Hitler even more than Jews.

So, Chinese people also hate Jews who killed Arabs. Do Chinese people hate all Jews? Many kind-hearted Jews are in Bilibili, and Chinese people like them very much.

I know you guys really hate me talking like that. I also know that you don't like Chinese people. Don't tell me no, I know Twitter. I know you insult Chinese people on Twitter, but I'm not angry because I know why you're doing this.

But thank you very much for not insulting Chinese people in front of them on Klei's forum. You have maintained gentlemanly etiquette. In return, the Chinese did not do the same thing on Klei's forum. Of course, it may not include me, I am not a gentleman.

My words will be deleted. But this is not important. As long as one person sees these words.

Thank you to those foreigners who support Chinese people expressing their opinions on the Klei forum. Thank you very much.

As for the American who claims to be Chinese

I meant to make a fool of you

You were born and raised in China, and when you left China, you began to slander the Chinese people.

You have no right to say that you are Chinese.

This is not a Joke at all and you know that very clearly.

You know this is offend and will hurt people's feeling.

You know this is racism and this is unacceptable.

This is nothing about language barrier, this is only about that you are being extremely malicious.

And I know what you said in Tieba.

Even at this moment, you are still sneering at the people you are apologizing to.

How dare you keep lying like this?

1 minute ago, whiteking said:

Translate as much as you like, whatever you want. Your Chinese is very good, and you are the most aware of Chinese people's thoughts

How can you be so disgusting?

You really think there is no one who can understand Chinese except for you?

1 minute ago, zhengda said:

This is not a Joke at all and you know that very clearly.

You know this is offend and will hurt people's feeling.

You know this is racism and this is unacceptable.

This is nothing about language barrier, this is only about that you are being extremely malicious.

And I know what you said in Tieba.

Even at this moment, you are still sneering at the people you are apologizing to.

How dare you keep lying like this?

Chinese people call it a hell joke. I know I need to go to hell.

No Chinese people say that Jews are soap on Klei's forum, just like no foreigner insults Chinese people here

So, what are you doing?

3 minutes ago, zhengda said:

How can you be so disgusting?

You really think there is no one who can understand Chinese except for you?

I know you understand Chinese. I said you can translate Chinese words. But you are very clear about what Chinese people are thinking.

1 minute ago, whiteking said:

No Chinese people say that Jews are soap on Klei's forum, just like no foreigner insults Chinese people here

That's because you know these words are wrong and if you express your real thoughts, you will be critisized by everyone. To put it simply, if I tell a hell joke about Nanjing massacre in tieba, is it appropriate?

4 minutes ago, whiteking said:

Chinese people call it a hell joke. I know I need to go to hell.

So, what are you doing?

I know you understand Chinese. I said you can translate Chinese words. But you are very clear about what Chinese people are thinking.

Just keep lying.

Let's see if anyone would believe you racist lier.

12 minutes ago, whiteking said:

snip

this all seems like an excuse, what about the Muslim communities that the Chinese government is killing right now? does that makes all chinese ppl bad? does that justify hatred on Chinese ppl? does that justify mocking you based on historical trauma like comfort chin*s or something? i dont think so, its true that israel is doing bad things but that doesn't mean the blame should be put on all Jewish people just like i dont blame all Germans for what happened back then or all Chinese for all the current war crimes the government is doing against multiple groups of people

2 minutes ago, firoborn said:

this all seems like an excuse, what about the Muslim communities that the Chinese government is killing right now? does that makes all chinese ppl bad? does that justify hatred on Chinese ppl? does that justify mocking you based on historical trauma like comfort chin*s or something? i dont think so, its true that israel is doing bad things but that doesn't mean the blame should be put on all Jewish people just like i dont blame all Germans for what happened back then or all Chinese for all the current war crimes the government is doing against multiple groups of people

No one condemns all Jews

As for what you said about the massacre of Muslims by Chinese people, can you tell me which country this incident occurred in

Archived